Uberfail, a new beginning. - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Uberfail, a new beginning.
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:02 AM
thevilliagemon wrote:Two days? Awesome.

this. Excellent work gentlemen.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:25 AM
=D !!!!!!!!
F'n Beast!

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 9:34 AM
Great job, guys. Looking forward to seeing you in a nice shell this season, Chris. You definitely deserve it.

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:11 PM
It stinks like success in here.

Time to get internetz famous.

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:36 PM
Lmao wanna do mine??? Jk

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Thursday, May 30, 2013 9:27 PM

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Saturday, June 01, 2013 5:36 PM
I'll just leave these here...

Casting removed, ground smooth, sanded to 1500 grit and polished:

New pipe for between throttlebody and maf:

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Saturday, June 01, 2013 8:01 PM
oh how I love the look of that clean polished upper motor mount, but how I HATE the maintenance it's going to take to keep it that way! FML the burden's we carry for the love of our hobby's!

Btw this took 2 days to complete in this manner simply because of 3 crucial points:

1: That FUKKIN pacesetter header did not want to give up and let go of them 2 bolts - this proved to be a 2 hour mission to remove safely and minimal damage to flanges & rack
2: The bolt going thru the 2 rear struts on the trailing arm was stubborn as well - took both Darren & Chris to force the one to break lose - this slaughtered them on Sunday so much that it was everything after that to even work on the cars at all - but they did! the second one was a case of F that and removed the bracket bolted to the trailing arm instead with plans to remove the bolt thru the strut at a later time.

And this is crucial for the final point
3: I'm still recovering from breaking my neck in February when I rolled my blazer off the major highway after hitting black ice - I also seriously injured my shoulder while I was at it. I wasn't able to turn wrenches much, or lift things, or do really more than be the tool bitch for them and to keep things flowing at the high pace they went at. It sucks for me cuz IF I was in 100% condition with them this tear down and rebuild would have been 100% finished and the vehicle roadworthy save for the need of a new downpipe to match the 3400 header to 2.5" exhaust, as well as new power steering lines/pump/fluid.

WITHOUT the help of Chris and Darren I'd still have 2 Cavalier's sitting in my driveway, both untouched as they have been for the past several months, and me cursing every minute of not being able to physically drive the one (Power steering is completely fukt in it - pump or rack went and the fluid was all but solid black when we drained it). I OWE these two SO much for everything they've ever helped me with over the years, I've learned more from them than I have anyone else save 1 person. They both know I'm always there to help out and will basically drop everything I have planned to come give a helping hand anytime they need!

BIG Thanks Darren & Chris, you have allowed me to bring forth a whole new chapter for my cavalier build! You 2 ROCK!
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:27 PM
now youve done it, one polished thing will never be the end.
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:42 PM
I love it so much more than the purple bitch already haha. Just put the other wheels on, and call it a day Chris!!! Looks good. Congrats

BUY MY SAAB TURBO SETUP! --> http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/detail/61091/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search