Olivia got some new shoes! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Olivia got some new shoes!
Saturday, June 01, 2013 12:06 PM
Got her a set of 17" ASA GT06's with 215/45ZR17 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 tires. Am saving the old 16's for winter time. I was shocked when I weighed each and found that they were exactly the same weight, which is awesome since I though these 17's would be a bit heavier. They weighed in at 41.3 lbs. The offset is pretty much perfect, hoping I won't rub up front but don't think I'm near low enough too but the rears line up perfect for me. Used some blue Gorilla lug nuts for some color. Will also be posting a pic of some DEI gold tomorrow in this thread...not for function (except on the shift cable) just for some GOLD

A couple in HDR mode

Re: Olivia got some new shoes!
Saturday, June 01, 2013 12:07 PM
I need to repaint that muffler...

Saturday, June 01, 2013 1:17 PM
Those tires are awesome. You'll love them.

Saturday, June 01, 2013 1:57 PM
Ya i cant wait to get on them. I decided on these from the things you said about them and the $80 rebate didnt hurt. You can feel just how much softer they are...i got 2 questions for ya, how long did you break them in for and what psi do you run them at. I have them at 35 right now.

Saturday, June 01, 2013 2:06 PM
On the street i run 35psi, but while racing the pressure is determined by how much of the tread is being used(that is if i feel like messing with tire pressures). I didnt do anything to break them in. A week over i tossed them on, i raced on them. I do really like these tires, but i also cant wait for them to die so i can try out Hankook's RS3s.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, June 01, 2013 2:07 PM

Saturday, June 01, 2013 2:28 PM
Sounds good...in a amagazine i get either european car or import tuner they had a tire test with the rs3 and liked them but preferred a bfg tire over them b/c of wear. Want to say it was the sport comp 2 but could be wrong.

Saturday, June 01, 2013 3:31 PM
Wheels Look good luke keep it up. 4 dr motivation !
Saturday, June 01, 2013 4:28 PM
Thanks James, Four Doors FTW

Saturday, June 01, 2013 7:41 PM
On my sedan when racing I was running 36 front/32 rear on the k110s.

Clean sedan btw!

Saturday, June 01, 2013 7:55 PM
Thanks! I'm going to start saving up for Tein SSP's or BC's with Swift springs next...still have yet to decide. Not looking to dump it since we dont have the best streets and there are a lot of places with sharp angles going into and out of businesses...so maybe the Teins...

Saturday, June 01, 2013 9:38 PM
Just because the BC's can go low doesn't mean they have to.....

Saturday, June 01, 2013 9:51 PM
I know...the rear mounts on the teins are tempting though, but so is the easy replacement cartridge and dual adjustability on the bc's. Still awaiting pics of your installed

Sunday, June 02, 2013 3:13 AM
Couple things, first off, good to see you are from IL. Clean cav for sure.
I like the rims.
Why the hell is the paint so damn shiny?
Why the choice of the 215/45/17 over the 225/45/17?
SC with heat exchanger judging by your sig?
Generally for DD'ing I run about 10 under what the tire pressure says, I think my 615k's say max 45, so I run 33-35ish.

Overall very clean car.

Sunday, June 02, 2013 5:49 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Couple things, first off, good to see you are from IL. Clean cav for sure.
I like the rims.
Why the hell is the paint so damn shiny?
Why the choice of the 215/45/17 over the 225/45/17?
SC with heat exchanger judging by your sig?
Generally for DD'ing I run about 10 under what the tire pressure says, I think my 615k's say max 45, so I run 33-35ish.

Overall very clean car.

Just kept he waxed from new and the trunk was just painted.
I just went with what tire rack recommended, spec said 7-8 inch wheel (these are 8) for 215's but it is very slightly stretched. There is a bit of poke in the front so I may stick with 215's for clearance when it gets lowered.
Yup running the heaton m62 w/stock sized pulley and zzp s3.
These say 50 psi max but i think 40 would be too harsh to run.

Thanks! Goal was to be a "sleeper" even though it's in auto and only has about 180-190 whp.

Sunday, June 02, 2013 7:48 AM
I find our cars like the 34-36 range...

I have 225's on my 7" rim.....makes them look meaty. Not really following with the whole "stance" thing but alwell.

I want to install my suspension so so bad. Just been waiting for good weather to roll the fenders. Once the fenders are rolled they will get on..
Sunday, June 02, 2013 9:20 AM

Sunday, June 02, 2013 9:53 AM
Nice man...

Ive been planning on doing something similar on mine. But I have been looking at the carbon/kevlar stuff.

I reccomend a cruise/pcm relocate..

Oh....how do you like the Saikou Micchi can, and how does it work?

And what size hose do you have for it?
Sunday, June 02, 2013 10:05 AM
Ya i really need to move the pcm and get rid of the cruise, dont use it anyway.

I really like the Saikou Michi can, works well. I use a 1/2 " hose.

Sunday, June 02, 2013 10:56 AM
I personally dont like 4dr's, but damn man i gotta say your cav is clean. Love the sleeper status bro. =]

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Sunday, June 02, 2013 10:57 AM
On another note, what type of camera / lens do you use??

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Sunday, June 02, 2013 11:04 AM
Ninja Bling wrote:I personally dont like 4dr's, but damn man i gotta say your cav is clean. Love the sleeper status bro. =]

Thanks man!

I use a Nikon D90 and for these a 18-105 mm 3.5-5.6G or a ProOptic 8mm 3.5 fisheye. For editing the HDR s are made with photomatrix and edited in adobe CS4 and/or Lightroom

Sunday, June 02, 2013 12:55 PM
Looks awesome with those wheels! Clean engine bay too! Can't wait to put a SC on mine as well!

4 Doors FTW!

Sunday, June 02, 2013 1:07 PM
Luke C wrote:Ya i really need to move the pcm and get rid of the cruise, dont use it anyway.

I really like the Saikou Michi can, works well. I use a 1/2 " hose.

Thanks...

I took my cruise out as well....I very seldom wish I had it. Although relocating it to the cowel looks good since all you have is a hole for the cable.
Sunday, June 02, 2013 3:54 PM
I've run 40 on mine when I'm not racing the car and never had any issues.

Sunday, June 02, 2013 4:12 PM
Nicola Grieder wrote:Looks awesome with those wheels! Clean engine bay too! Can't wait to put a SC on mine as well!

4 Doors FTW!

Thanks! 4 doors FTW...there should be a club for that haha

I'll run them at 35 for now and decide from there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search