Olivia got some new shoes! - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Olivia got some new shoes!
Monday, June 03, 2013 8:45 AM
First drive today and the tires are amazing, can not believe how sticky they are. Only problem is I had the damn Ana,trac light come on which sucks bc I already replaced the driver side one so maybe I have to replace the passenger side now

Monday, June 03, 2013 2:23 PM
Didnt get the stupid abs, trac lights on the way home so hopefully just a cmputer fluke or something.
More praise on these tires...you can hear them picking up the rocks haha

Monday, June 03, 2013 2:25 PM
Hard to believe that the rs3 are even stickier isn't it? For a decent priced tire, they do offer a ton of grip.

Monday, June 03, 2013 2:33 PM
It is, are the rs3's for just mainly track use? Are they rated for wet?
Definately, at $100 bucks a tire with a $80 rebate it's a steal.

Monday, June 03, 2013 2:49 PM
They are a performance street tire. I've heard they can be a bit squirrely in the rain but that's mostly due to the large contact patch.

I just picked up a set of the rs3 for my wrx but haven't had them bolted to the car yet.

Monday, June 03, 2013 2:56 PM
Nice...post in here when you get em on

Monday, June 03, 2013 4:15 PM
strat81 wrote:They are a performance street tire. I've heard they can be a bit squirrely in the rain but that's mostly due to the large contact patch.

I just picked up a set of the rs3 for my wrx but haven't had them bolted to the car yet.

Continental extreme contact DW......huge huge contact patch and 2 gigantic rain channels. Great in wet....I have them and like them. Cant spin them.
Monday, June 03, 2013 5:25 PM
Nice...always good to hear other options...saw a pic of those in your thread, they look pretty sweet

Monday, June 03, 2013 5:30 PM
Having second thoughts about coilovers...thinking maybe the eibach sportlines would suit my needs. I'm looking to be about where Tinkles is, it looks like he has about a finger widths of gap...dont know if the sportlines would get me there though since its only around a 0.3" drop in the front. I do love my d specs and that would save me about a grand. But who knows took me 3 months to decide on these wheels haha. Opinions welcome

Monday, June 03, 2013 6:09 PM
I vote coilovers....even if its just ground controls to help offset cost.

Ive had springs on all my jbodys and they just never seem to sit right. The rear always seems to always like to settle and the front stays up to high. Been that way on all 4 of mine.

Maybe the Eibachs are better for that. I just want the ability to dial in my ride height perfectly.
Monday, June 03, 2013 6:25 PM
Philly D wrote:
strat81 wrote:They are a performance street tire. I've heard they can be a bit squirrely in the rain but that's mostly due to the large contact patch.

Continental extreme contact DW......huge huge contact patch and 2 gigantic rain channels. Great in wet....I have them and like them. Cant spin them.

I've yet to own a set of continentals that I liked. I also have yet to run the rs3 in the rain, merely commenting on what I've heard.

The k110s work well in the rain though. Posted an ftd in the morning session at an autox on them.

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 8:56 PM
Fits your car quite well, I like them.

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 9:48 PM
Thanks! I think I'll leave her sitting where she's at. I pretty much dont get any body roll and now has less squishiness with the smaller and stronger sidewall (though ride "quality" is the same as before). I'm happy.

Sunday, June 09, 2013 8:35 AM
Cruise control is gone...looks much better, PCM is staying

Sunday, June 09, 2013 10:49 AM
Luke C wrote:

where did u get the heat sheild? is that a stick on application and whats it called?

GOT ECOTEC?
Sunday, June 09, 2013 10:58 AM
Its called DEI Reflect-a-gold and i bought it from amazon.com. Yes just peel and stick.

Sunday, June 09, 2013 12:33 PM
Curious as to why you dont want to hide the PCM and keep it away from the heat?

Sunday, June 09, 2013 3:20 PM
Honestly it doesnt bother me since the strut bar pretty much covers up the same area anyway.

Sunday, June 09, 2013 4:00 PM
Cruise gone, some pics and added some more gold

Sunday, June 09, 2013 5:24 PM
It'd be cool to see your sedan again at the next meet. I wish I had either a sedan or wagon for a new DD. And will still have my LSS as a fun ride.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:25 PM
Well I'll be there as long as there isnt any family thing I have to go to. Never know when those are

Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:42 PM
Looks great man! I'm still jealous of how good your s/c looks.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:49 PM
Thanks! Wish i knew what that was painted with...came painted silver when i bought it. Close up you can tell whoever had it wanted to polish it since some of the casting roughness is gone and then they said to hell with it and painted it silver haha

Sunday, June 09, 2013 6:55 PM
Don't worry, If I ever make it to one of the Chicago meets, Ill be sure to hide that ECU for you you wont even know it!

Sunday, August 04, 2013 11:02 AM
Anything new brother? Haven't seen you around in awhile.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search