Turbo LN2 Video - Page 5 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Turbo LN2 Video
Thursday, May 01, 2014 11:55 AM
I was so happy when it started working properly!

I have a spare ln2 harness that I'm going to start taking connectors from to put on the car and tidy up all the wires. I'm tired of chasing electrical gremlins.

I pulled the I take manifold today and made room to get in there. Won't be long. Fortunately the weather would keep tuning waiting anyhow. Even with dry weather if it's too cool the tires just won't grab making tuning hard.

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire

Thursday, May 01, 2014 7:57 PM
This summer we need to meet up and get some video of both red turbo Ln2's.

Friday, May 02, 2014 5:19 AM
Are you guys closer to finished?

"A car just isn't a car without a little blood, sweat, and beers." -- Shadowfire
Friday, May 02, 2014 8:08 AM
We plan on tuning this Saturday.

Friday, May 02, 2014 8:58 AM
Sweet!

I wish I could say the same. I have a wiring harness issue that im slowly working out. Then im sure itll rain for 4 weeks straight; plus im moving at the beginning of June so mine might get pushed back a bit.

I look forward to your updates for sure!

Friday, May 02, 2014 10:27 AM
Our wiring issue is headlights..... and I'll be moving around the same time so we need to get the car done and to its owners driveway.

Monday, May 05, 2014 8:43 AM
JUCNBST wrote:This summer we need to meet up and get some video of both red turbo Ln2's.

Yessssss

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, May 07, 2014 9:44 AM
Couple Pics. Ive slowly started doing some cleaning up and tidying up of the bay. Threw some paint on the valve cover and charge pipes yesterday since they were off. upgraded to a slightly larger FMIC, which is also black now.

Im pissed that the paint started to flake off the header, but i didnt properly prep it I think. Its gotta come off for work I need to do to the water neck, so I will assess its color at that time.

Theres a lot more work to do concerning cleaning it up, but this is what it looks like so far. (someone requested under hood shots, so here they are)

(and yes, before you ask, the spark plug wires have been routed properly and arent all jumbled like that. lol.

Wednesday, May 07, 2014 8:39 PM
Very nice....now our intercoolers are color matched as well.

Thursday, May 08, 2014 8:47 AM
Heh, how can a couple completely different people have very similar ideas about basically the same car and build it without really seeing the other and they come out this close (and probably close on power too)?

I love it.

You guys are just as dimented as I am.

Friday, May 09, 2014 3:25 AM
Intercooler piping is routed differently. ....oh and your coolant bottle is on the wrong side

Friday, May 09, 2014 5:12 AM
How do you know it's not YOURS that's wrong? Lol

Friday, May 09, 2014 10:09 AM

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 3:20 PM
Started a little side project for the car today. E85 creates a lot of moisture in the crankcase. I made a temp catch can out of PVC but I wasnt happy with it, and it was never meant to be permanent anyhow.

This one follows the same principal. The tube on the top is the inlet, it goes through and past a wire screen that I welded about 2" from the top. There will be stainless mesh in there as well to filter out particulate/oil vapor. The side tube is the outlet which has a large air gap between itself and the bottom of the inlet tube. There is also a drain valve at the bottom. I want to get a 1/4 turn one but for now its a needle valve.

Welded a stud onto the strut bar to mount with a bracket I fabbed. Nothing too fancy, but it will have a nice large capacity and allow for a lot of flow. Should work quite well. Its probably bigger than it needs to be, but hell; the parts used (aside from the steel wool i need to get) were all free or laying around the garage.

My welds arent the best, but it holds water, so its all good. Once I get the wool I will weld the top on it.

Monday, May 19, 2014 2:00 PM
Decided that the plastidipped hood was looking old and tired. Stripped that off, and broke out the sander. I need another can of clear; but I thought that fresh looking CF would be a welcome change (even though the rest of the car looks like ass still lol)

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:50 AM
So small update. Finally went out and did some tuning.

Ran Into a clogged fuel filter, which was easy to clean up. Turns out e85 is still cleaning up the tank and the debris all caked the filter. Changing the tune multiple times because it would lean out like crazy under any boost with no change. Lol it was starving.

Anyhow. Started at 14psi and got to 25 by the end of the day.

It's actually running on an l61 tune. The car thinks it's an 04 I think. The l61 has a cranking ve table which is a total must for e85. Cleaned up my starting issue when warm (still needs refinement but it starts much easier).

I need to get a video of it but the car pulls like crazy. If you start at 2k in third and go wot it will roast the tires once it spools. It does it in fourth too but the clutch slips. I'll be upgrading that next I guess.

First time it hit without leaning out it scared me a little. 50-90 happens in a hurry.

If the car holds together after a few days of abuse I may push the boost harder. There is still room to add fuel up top, it was actually on the rich side 11.1-3 but that's playing it safe with the power level it's at so I'm ok with not going a bit leaner.

I'll try to get a video the next time a buddy is in the car with me. It's impossible to do that solo now lol.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 10:25 AM
In for video.......our car needs a turbo rebuild. We had a spirit ed drive against my 5.9 dakota and while it pulled on me going into 3rd it was a bit smokey. I still need to come check out your ln2 in person.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 12:13 PM
I should hopefully be able to get video today. If plans to go to the show in Plainfield don't fall through

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:22 PM
Nice Update Matt. Cant wait to see what numbers this car makes. Keep us posted! I am interested in a video as well!

XtremE2200CaV: The Build has Begun
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3864109/2001-chevrolet-cavalier-sedan-4d
Thursday, June 26, 2014 5:28 AM
Wheelspin in third is a bear.

http://youtu.be/XAdCrVz8TTM

I let off as it started to grab at the top of third but you get the idea. 4th gear is quite interesting cause it won't spin much.

There's more to tweak, it needs a bit more timing up top and now I need a real clutch.

It's almost where I want it. Needs just a weee bit more.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 5:30 AM
Yes. Just....yes.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:01 AM
Quote:

Yes. Just....yes.

lol thats kinda how I feel after each time I go WOT.

Thursday, June 26, 2014 11:36 AM
Couple new pics too. new look for the car too.

I thought the one where the car is on the dolly was kinda cool.

If you've ever read the book or seen the move "Of Mice and Men" then you'll get the reason that the car's name is "Lenny".

haha.

Friday, June 27, 2014 4:50 AM
Hysterical laughter following everything working...epic. Dunno if I've laughed that hard in a long time.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Friday, June 27, 2014 5:01 AM
Do you wanna know how I got these scars?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search