My 01 Cavalier - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My 01 Cavalier
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 11:40 PM
So I've been on this forum for quite some time but mainly for searching the classifieds or reading threads LOL.
But I picked up my 01 cavalier base model last February for 1600 bucks. 5 speed 172k no rust and new head gasket. Actually had had the eibach pro-kit springs and I didn't even realise till I got home and parked next to my other cav. Haha but here's a pic of it few days after I got it..

Nothing special but was almost exactly what I wanted...

And here is some pics of it now.. Questions and comments are more then welcome

My personal favorite..

At a local car show/fundraiser..

When I put the z24 trunk on.. (Stock one had a few dents)

I also got 03-05 lss skirts painted and ready to install. And I also got a lss rear lip I just got that I need to paint still. More pics to come!

Re: My 01 Cavalier
Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:06 AM

Here's my engine bay.. The 2200 will soon be replaced with an ECOTEC.
Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:15 AM
I approve! It's the same color as my old 05 Cavy.

Any plans for uppig the output of the Ecotec after swapping?
Thursday, July 11, 2013 12:27 PM
Josh- Well I got a pacesetter header that's going on right away. Gotta save up some money and decide whether I wanna supercharge or turbo. Was thinking bout just swapping on a le5 intake manifold and getting it tuned. But ill happy with just the N/A Eco for now.
Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:51 PM
Chris Larson wrote:Josh- Well I got a pacesetter header that's going on right away. Gotta save up some money and decide whether I wanna supercharge or turbo. Was thinking bout just swapping on a le5 intake manifold and getting it tuned. But ill happy with just the N/A Eco for now.

Anything's an upgrade from the stock 2200. Sounds good, man.
Thursday, July 11, 2013 2:39 PM
Can't go wrong with a rear LSS bumper and that front end. You'll be pretty happy with the difference just from the 2200 to the 2.2 eco. Still, I vote supercharged!

Car looks clean man I dig it

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, July 11, 2013 4:56 PM
Thanks!! Yeah the main reason I bought it cuz its rust free. And that's hard to find here in MN. Lol
Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:17 PM
Ecoswap is going down tomorrow. Pictures to come..
Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:21 PM
Nice dude. I love where this is headed. If you get a front lip, it will set everything off beautifully.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 9:02 PM
I like the color and wheel combination.I am however noticed a lot of stickers on the quarter glass pic.I would remove them since your car has well a nice,simple clean look.Aside from that looks tight.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:23 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:Nice dude. I love where this is headed. If you get a front lip, it will set everything off beautifully.

I would LOVE to find a lss front lip. But they're getting harder and harder to find. Probably gonna buy a wings west one once I can afford it.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 10:31 PM
Ron Love wrote:I like the color and wheel combination.I am however noticed a lot of stickers on the quarter glass pic.I would remove them since your car has well a nice,simple clean look.Aside from that looks tight.

Thanks man! But I knew someone would say something about the stickers.. They're not everyones thing but I like em. They prolly will get taken off eventually tho. Lol
Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:28 PM
12 hrs start to finish but Ecoswap went pretty smoothly and I'm more than happy with the results! Here's some pics..

I'd like to thank Pete P for making this swap possible for me. Without his help this swap never wouldve happened.
Saturday, July 13, 2013 7:30 PM
Congrats! Nice work man. How do you like the new motor?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, July 13, 2013 8:52 PM
Super clean and now Eco powered? It doesn't get much better than this. Wish I didn't buy a GT.

Saturday, July 13, 2013 9:02 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Congrats! Nice work man. How do you like the new motor?

I LOVE the new motor! It drives great and having a new clutch is also a plus!
Sunday, July 14, 2013 5:13 PM
Nice work.

I like that you actually did what you said you were going to do. (motor swap)

Respect.

Supercharged 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24
Sunday, July 14, 2013 7:37 PM
Nice project ,keep up the good work and never stop dreaming of new mods for your cavy!

BLACKMANTIS
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 1:24 AM
Different wheels, moar low, new intake and a few other things.. Update soon..
Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:32 PM
Well guys I got my exhaust almost done, AEM cold air intake installed, and z24 rims put on. Here is some pics..

Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:50 PM
Whoa, i'm impressed, I myself now drive a 2001 2200, and want to do a ecotec motor swap. 12 hours would be amazing if i could do it. When i get a couple hundred dollars for the motor tranny and rad I will get around to it. for now, its all show and no go. Keep up the posts, I'm interested to see what you can do with what you have to work with. I should start a build Thread damnit

Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:55 PM

My new AEM intake. The gunmetal grey "matches" my rims haha
Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:02 PM
Andrew Cramer wrote:Whoa, i'm impressed, I myself now drive a 2001 2200, and want to do a ecotec motor swap. 12 hours would be amazing if i could do it. When i get a couple hundred dollars for the motor tranny and rad I will get around to it. for now, its all show and no go. Keep up the posts, I'm interested to see what you can do with what you have to work with. I should start a build Thread damnit

Thanks man! Its been ALOT of work to get this far. And I'm far from being finished. Lol but the ecoswap was the best upgrade I've done to my car. Definitely recommend it if you have a 2000+ jbody with the 2200. Next step is to supercharge
Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:04 PM
Chris Larson wrote:Next step is to supercharge

I second the motion

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 04, 2013 9:14 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Chris Larson wrote:Next step is to supercharge

I second the motion

Im trying to buy spencer's supercharger kit off his sedan. I hope we can make a deal on it! Lol
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search