Welp, so much for that.... - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Welp, so much for that....
Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:09 PM
god damn that sucks bro

Sunday, July 21, 2013 3:13 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:That's crazy man, glad you're okay.

That a frustration dent in the left 1/4?

actually thats where the first blast of water from the fire truck hit lol

RIP silver car. You will be missed.
Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:40 PM
thats nuts man! glad your okay!

Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:19 PM
Not trying to be a funny guy, but I think that if you got the burn markings as a paint job, that would look freaking awesome. Like I said, not trying to be a funny guy, cause I would be all sorts of pissed off if this happened to me... Sorry for your loss.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:27 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:That's horrible Brad man sorry for the loss. I keep saying I should buy an extinguisher but never do. After seeing this ill be be picking one up today.

As promised...

I suppose you could look on the positive and see how many people that should have had extinguishes(myself included) are going to buy them now. Still, sorry to see this car go :/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:28 PM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:32 PM
mOnkey28 z22 wrote:Not trying to be a funny guy, but I think that if you got the burn markings as a paint job, that would look freaking awesome. Like I said, not trying to be a funny guy, cause I would be all sorts of pissed off if this happened to me... Sorry for your loss.

Tribute car, I like it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, July 21, 2013 6:44 PM
Yeah, something like that.
Sunday, July 21, 2013 7:19 PM
mOnkey28 z22 wrote:Yeah, something like that.

Not gonna lie I was thinking the same thing with the way it just barely burnt over the fenders. It kind of a @!#$ up two tone.

Sunday, July 21, 2013 9:59 PM
That one hell of a way to ruin a day, I saw the post on facebook. Sorry for the loss Brad

Monday, July 22, 2013 1:23 AM
You think it's rebuildable? Any chance the fire weakened the unibody any?

If the unibody is still straight you could have a good donor for a full blown race car.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Monday, July 22, 2013 3:50 AM
it might be salvageable but at this time i dont see any point. i do have some stock car guys interested in it though... so we'll see. maybe even some demo car guys LOL

here's some more pics.

just look at the idi cover...

RIP silver car. You will be missed.

Monday, July 22, 2013 3:53 AM
Man, I still can not believe this. I do carry a fire extinguisher in my cav.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 22, 2013 5:02 AM
If you had a fire extinguisher in the car would you of had the time to grab it, open and prop the hood, prep the extinguisher and spray it down? That first picture looks like it went up quick...always wondered if someone would have enough time/instinct to grab the extinguisher and use it.

Monday, July 22, 2013 5:21 AM
My jaw dropped when you texted me this picture. I'm really glad no one was hurt in this incident. Cars can be replaced but our Brad cannot!

I carry an extinguisher as well but I fear it wouldn't be much help in a situation like yours.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Monday, July 22, 2013 5:26 AM
Think ima get a bigger one ... Just got a lil one pounder

Monday, July 22, 2013 5:27 AM
Sorry for the loss, Brad, but glad you made it out safe.

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:03 AM
Brad, that sucks man.
I'm guessing you wont be buying anymore parts in the near future?

So when should we look for this on craigslist, with "minor smoke damage".
Monday, July 22, 2013 6:05 AM
Holy crap!!! Glad you're okay

Monday, July 22, 2013 6:38 AM

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, July 22, 2013 6:54 AM
Luke C wrote:Think ima get a bigger one ... Just got a lil one pounder

if you have a 1lb B,C class extinguisher it will go nearly as far as a 2.5lb A,B,C class based upon the agent inside the extinguisher.

Like I said in my post, I carry an ABC, only because Id rather have a little more product, as well as the knockdown on an A class fire if I happen to be driving by or even a fire in the bed of a truck, but I also have the B,C class area covered as well.

Now, you hit a pool of gas, an ABC will knock it down, and if it breaks the barrier the agent has created, it flares back up...(if anyone watched the last fast and loud, thats a prime example) That is a disadvantage of ABC. However, it still has smothering properties to it that when it hits the hot metal, it binds with it, suffocating the fire. Also the lingering agent helps take the o2 out of the triangle.

I wish Brad had more of a time frame on the fire as far as him pulling over from seeing smoke and what not. Without being there, he is the only know to know how far an extinguisher would have gone. Since its my career, its my first nature to hop out, grab extinguisher, investigate... Then at that point I decide whether to knock it down and start emptying out the car, or knock it out completely. A 2.5lb may not have put the fire out, but if anything at all, it could have delayed the spread of fire until the fire department got there and not lost nearly as much.

If there was a way to have a compact large capacity co2 extinguisher, id have one of those in a heart beat since it would have killed this fire easily, and wouldn't have left a mess. Thats another disadvantage with an ABC... its messy. But if it saves the car.... who the hell cares.

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:25 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
Joe Schulte wrote:That's crazy man, glad you're okay.

That a frustration dent in the left 1/4?

actually thats where the first blast of water from the fire truck hit lol

Damn! That's crazy.

Like I said, glad you're alright, cars can be replaced. Full coverage I assume? Hopefully they work with you on a portion of the mods.

...and....

Sorry, had to add a little humor.

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:58 AM
I always thought that it would never happen. I mean the chances of oil getting on the exhaust and catching it on fire. I guess now I have seen the light. I will be buying a FE in the next week or so. Especially with all of the mods done to reaper.

Mark

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Monday, July 22, 2013 8:33 AM
Damn bro, that sucks to see/hear. I always loved your rides. Lots of work put into them....

Monday, July 22, 2013 1:33 PM
I saw this on ig and wanted to cry! This was beautiful and I'm a sad fish now. Now I see the sad story of the 3800 sc grand prixs at pnp's
Monday, July 22, 2013 5:18 PM
damn bro just finding this thread, i got the text tho. Is that charger able to be saved? i have always carried a fire extinguisher for this reason, might get another. I too have thought about a fire supression setup.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search