My Current 2200 - Page 3 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Nothing New
Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:25 PM
I never found a rear that was not cracked at the yard, so i never did one.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013 9:05 PM
Alrighty, so.
I missed getting a picture of 150,000kms but I managed to get a couple kms off

(Buddy leaned over and took this photo, as I was going 120 km/h at the time.)

And then with the little insight from Robs build I managed to take a peak at my washer fluid issue, and it turned out to be this.

The bottom cracked and exposed the O-Ring, $7.99 later I put in a new one and she was all good.

And just today I finally managed to get my hands on some stock 95-99 16 inch z24 wheels.

(Havent cleaned them up yet, they have a bit of scratches but are completely straight and the lips are intact/ no curbing)

They will be used as my winter beater wheels, so i am debating on what "bizarre" color to Plastidip them in. I'm leaning towards either Pink/Purple. Thoughts?

Also, does anyone have any insight on what I might have missed for routine maintenance for the 150,000km mark.
I have already got the timing chain, water pump, fuel pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, new coilpacks, and a coolant flush all in the recent while. Thoughts?
Saturday, November 30, 2013 10:36 PM
So here they are.

Lol

And Winter Beater Mode

Thursday, January 09, 2014 9:26 PM
So, I had a weird sound coming from the front end of my car that with the help from some fellow members I tracked it down and fixed it.
Culprit

Broken Strut Mount. Silly little bugger.

While I was replacing the strut mount I decided to finally put my KYB AGXs in my fronts.

Bam. Put it at 1/4 and its super stiff. Cornering is much better now. Still has some body roll though

Now if only i could get my hands on a rear and front sway bar....

Ride height seems to be much better now

We had maybe 2 inches of snow here in Vancouver which lasted only 3 days, but I had I had to at least have some fun.

And that's all for the moment
Sunday, February 02, 2014 5:46 PM
So finally got my hands on a B&M Short shifter for the 00-05 years.

And at the same time picked up a Eibach Rear Sway bar and installed that as well

And also I got around to installing the rear lip I had hanging around. Not the best shot but I like it.

Slowly trying to make myself ready for Auto-X when the spring time comes.
Saturday, April 12, 2014 7:55 PM
So its been awhile since I posted on here. Couple things happened.

1. I managed to pick up a CF Hood for $100

Said Hood needs some work done to it. Here it is Test fitted.

Still don't know if I am feeling having a CF hood or not.

So I also began to work on it with some help of friends. This is what was wrong with it. Some retard before me cut out the entire skeleton structural support of this thing. Don't ask me why. Still haven't figured it out yet.

So we began laying down fibreglass to make this this rock hard but still lightweight (ish)

Haven't got a final picture yet because it isn't painted underneath but by golly that thing is solid now. No more wobbling around going 60 km/h

During that time I managed to get my hands on a set of Toyo Tails

Never thought I would acquire those bad boys but BAM.

And also I was getting frustrated with those silly Metra Adapter 4x6 to 5.25 or 6.5 speaker plates because they would cause a bulge in the door grill area. So a friend told me to try mounting them from behind the adapter plate and so today I did.

And then DynoMat

And now they have clearance, YAY!

There is also no more rattling from the damn grill area anymore so thats a plus.

But thats it for now.
Saturday, April 12, 2014 8:12 PM
Looks great man! I feel you on the cf hood. I'm starting to dislike mine more and more every day. I'm getting pretty close to just throwing the stock hood back on and being done with it.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, April 12, 2014 10:41 PM
That's exactly how I feel. I drive with my stock hood and I just like how it flows. When I put my CF hood on to work on it/car meet. I just don't know.
Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:29 PM
Hello!

So I went down to the US of A last weekend and visited Seattle because why not and it had been awhile since I had a nice dose of cheap American fuel.

So me and the GF visited the Space needle and the pike place market because she had never been.

And I got super sick of the cigarette stained headliner that my Cavalier had so i picked up a black headliner from a early model cavalier.

The difference. You can see the stains (gross)

And installed

It is so much nicer and finally darker in there. I hated the tan colour of the original. Much happier now.

Then my CF pieces finally came in.

I could not pass up on the deal when I found them.

They look delicious but my engine is not really show worthy so Im sad

Also, does anyone else who has the CF coolant bottle piece have any fitment issues? It seems to be loose on were the connections are.
Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:39 PM
It just fits like that...

As for the headliner you lucky SOB! Ive always wanted that setup but gave up since its almost impossible.
Saturday, April 26, 2014 5:42 PM
Man the dark colored headliner really does look nice. Carbon stuff looks nice man. Colorful loom isn't really my thing but to each their own I suppose.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:11 PM
In all honesty I put the loom on because I saw it on a different model vehicles engine bay. And it looked so good, and then I did it to mine and was like, wow, 90s much. I was actually going to take it off recently but haven't got around to it.
Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:14 PM
When you do, paint thinner on a rag cleans up hoses really well.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, April 26, 2014 7:53 PM
Oh and also Phil, I think there was another one at the yard. If you are ever in town again I can always pick it up for you. I think it was $25 for the headliner and $7 each for the visors.

Yea, I have nothing to show so im not so keen on the engine dress up even though I try. Makes me want to do an engine swap or something but why switch when you already have something good that works.
Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:02 PM
With the stuff you have and a decent paint job on the valve cover it'll look great in there.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, April 27, 2014 3:53 AM
Don't bother swapping... You can make a 2200 look good with a little tlc. Here is my old one.

Sunday, April 27, 2014 3:55 AM
Andrew Cramer wrote:Oh and also Phil, I think there was another one at the yard. If you are ever in town again I can always pick it up for you. I think it was $25 for the headliner and $7 each for the visors.

Yea, I have nothing to show so im not so keen on the engine dress up even though I try. Makes me want to do an engine swap or something but why switch when you already have something good that works.

Which yard was it at?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, April 27, 2014 3:55 AM
Sunday, April 27, 2014 6:20 AM
Not nearly as clean but here's my old ln2..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, April 27, 2014 9:26 AM
Philly D wrote:

Which yard was it at?

I took mine from the Surrey Ralphs, But I believe there was an extra one at the Mitchell Island one. If need be I can stop by the Surrey one and poke my head in and check today. I usually go to the yards about once a week anyway.

Y3llowCav wrote:Not nearly as clean but here's my old ln2..

I like that style of Intake compared to the "Cold Air intake" (Because I live in Raincouver and puddles are a huge thing) But I don't want to spend an arm and a leg for that much material. I picked up a spare valve cover awhile ago for $8 and I still haven't decided what I was going to do with it.
Monday, May 12, 2014 6:38 PM
So this week I cleaned out some of my parts I had laying around and found my old gauge cluster from Black Cat Customs.

All the blue lights!

BUT ALAS, Tragedy struck on Saturday and some homeless Crackhead busted into my car while I was parked downtown and stole........

My pitstick and my cologne that was in my centre console.

Anyway he tossed a rock thru the passenger window and it flew thru and hit my windshield as well.

So my insurance covered but it still cost me $284 as a deductible. All for some homeless guy to smell good.

Well while the car was getting the windshield done the drivers side window rolled down and never came back.
I did some testing and found out it was the window switch that failed. Cost a ton of money for what it was but everything is all good.

All in all, an expensive weekend.
Friday, May 23, 2014 6:31 PM
Egads, I finally got a set of Dodge Neon SRT4 wheels that I have been wanting for so long!

I Love Em!

Saturday, May 24, 2014 6:15 AM
Actually really fits the car. Good work!
Sunday, June 08, 2014 9:44 AM
Alright. So this weekend I sold my CF Hood because I just didn't want it anymore. I also sold my old 17s from when I first bought the car.

It had been awhile since I had stuck my head underneath my motor (Since my last oil change) and when I poked my head underneath I was met with something unsettling.

Majorly my oil pan seems to be leaking. Nothing extreme I suppose. Its leaking all around the entire pan, as if the entire gasket gave out. I inspected the inspection hole in the trans to check if it was dry, and it was. So my I am hoping my rear main is intact. Seeing the oil pan leaking got me to thinking if I could have somehow pressurized the crankcase with a faulty PCV valve. Turns out my motor doesn't have one anyway. The reason I thought it would have been that is because I had a little bit of oil around my throttle body and the oil separator thingy on the top of my valve cover. So my hope is to get it done as soon as I possibly can.

Also, while I was down there I noticed one of my power steering lines has a fresh leak in it near where it connects to the rack. I believe the hose is a "high pressure" line as both sides of it are threaded into each side as opposed to hose clamped. Haven't put too much thought into that one yet, and I am wondering if that is a dealer specific part or not. But it seems a yellow O-Ring is visible from the power steering line.

AND ALSO, another thing I noticed while I was down there is one of my tranny mounts look a little haggard

So it looks like I have some work ahead of me.

And to think, I was only under there to install an oil pressure sender unit for a oil pressure gauge.
Monday, June 09, 2014 5:20 PM
A package came today which contained some sexy (Unmodded) Aluminum Control Arms with Poly Bushings.... Mmmmm

I most likely will not install these until I can source out a set of Camber Plates.

Also in said package was a AEM Manual Transmission Bracket. For when I get around to picking up a Air Intake.

I also purchased everything I need to fix my power steering problem and oil pan problem.
Stuff And Things
Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:13 PM
Alrighty, so another package came in the mail for me this week.

Got a rear strut tower bar to finish off stiffing up my rear end.

Also in said package was a "CAI"

Also visited/volunteered at a local AutoCross event this past Sunday. Mazda is throwing some money down on the next race so I might participate instead of co-riding.

And then just this afternoon on my way home from work I noticed a smell of coolant as I was driving home, so I quickly pulled over and discovered this

Damn Upper Rad Hose busted a hole in it where it hangs near the battery tray.

Being an apprentice electrician, I had a bunch of electrical tape on hand and "MacGyver'd" it together and limped it to the nearest Parts store.

Purchased a new hose and slapped it in on the side of the road.

All put together.... (With Intake and AEM Bracket thingy)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search