FuzzMASTAs 02 z24 boosted build - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
FuzzMASTAs 02 z24 boosted build
Friday, January 10, 2014 8:46 AM
Got it couple years ago and ran it around as a 2.4 until got tired of it and got my hands on eco parts car with 57k only on it than got getrag with 22k. Now again that engine is pulled out and just swapped in LE5/LSJ hybrid with M62, 2.8 pulley, phenolic intake to head spacer from ZZP, Siemens 60# injectors, dual pass endplate, Racetronix fuel pump and wire upgrade, and so on. Bunch of different pictures of the car from last couple years which include interior swap to charcoal, upgraded front and rear sway bars, full 2.5" exhaust, new fenders and fiberglass hood painted and got hands on LSS front lip.

Day I got it...

Threw the 18s on it

CRUISE CONTROL RELOCATE

NEW RIMS AND LOWERED ON KONI REDS AND EIBACH PRO-KIT

SWAY BARS...

FRONT BAR ON AND CAN SEE GA ALUMINUM CONTROL ARMS WITH POLY BUSHINGS (dirty as hell though)

ECO IN

BATTERY RELOCATE

CHARCOAL DASH SWAPPED IN

ALUMINUM OVERFLOW TANK

HOODLESS IN THE SNOW (was taking off invader hood)

AND NOW ONTO THE GOOD, HYBRID IS IN AND ALMOST READY TO BE FIRED UP

FuzzMASTA9

Re: FuzzMASTAs 02 z24 boosted build
Friday, January 10, 2014 8:48 AM
Sub`d now bc forget to before posting lol

FuzzMASTA9
Friday, January 10, 2014 10:31 AM
Looks good, do you have an more info or pictures with the LE5/LSJ swap? I also thought the LSJ cant be easily swapped in, forgot why but thought it was the way the crank trigger or something was and a lot of wiring and that. Did you come across any problems or was the swap pretty basic?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Friday, January 10, 2014 10:56 AM
After searching, it looks like the lsj can be swapped in with a few mods, I never knew that, just seen on a few threads involving L61 swaps, someone said swap a LSJ in and another person said it can't be done easily, need whole donor car and too much work involved. Not sure if I'd ever do it but am interested, looking forward to more pictures...

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Friday, January 10, 2014 11:02 AM
Rick need trigger wheel for crank sensor to read right,tried posting them pictures earlier than internet acted up so gonna try to post them now

FuzzMASTA9
Friday, January 10, 2014 11:04 AM
STAINLESS STEEL RUSSELL POWER STEERING LINES

DOWNTUBE WITH WIDEBAND SENSOR INSTALLED (went with v-band clamp to make easier to install and not have leaks)

TOYO TAILS INSTALLED (still need to wire them up)

CRANK SENSOR BRACKET ( one gonna try to use for now until get some more aluminum)

About it for now. Still need to get wire harness on engine and tucked, trigger wheel set properly, make bracket for throttle and cruise cable, and throw axles back in but since its apart might just throw on the nwf front brake swap I have that got the stuff for free. Also still need to do up the dual exhaust and cut out the 03-05 lss rear bumper for the second magnaflow muffler and install the Racetronix pump. End of the month ordering up the ZZP S3 heat exchanger and gonna get that set up along with set of coilovers (havent decided which ones I want yet)

FuzzMASTA9
Friday, January 10, 2014 4:40 PM
Nice, I maybe missed where you put the pcm and relay fuse box. Keep it up

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, January 10, 2014 7:39 PM
WHITECAVY here it is until sunday than gonna start to install/tuck it lol

Brought it to work week ago and stripped off all the loom than depinned more wires dont need. So far from harness got rid of abs, evap silenoid (kept power wire to run heat exchanger pump relay), downstream o2 sensor, oil pressure sensor (have electronic Autometer Carbon Fiber series gauge thats screwed into stock sensor location) and think couple more but now cant seem to think of them lol

FuzzMASTA9
Sunday, January 12, 2014 4:42 PM
Oh wow lol, I HATE wires lol. Cant wait for more updates!!

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, January 12, 2014 5:30 PM
Started on the wire install/tuck last night and today got most the sensors shortened up and cleaned up the mess the harness are from the factory, didnt take pictures when stopped workin on it but here is a couple from when first started on it today.

Girlfriend helped on it some and when didnt need help she was cleaning up the eco motor pulled from this car to swap in hybrid, once this car is running her Z24 is the next eco swap victim...

FuzzMASTA9
Sunday, January 19, 2014 12:53 PM
must say thats a good lookin build and sounds like u got a good woman too lol she's a definate keeper

Skr8 Goodz in tha hood

Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:05 PM
Thanks man she is amazing, and build is on hold now (for couple weeks at least). Had trigger wheel on backwards and off from where needed to be and car backfired and ended up snapping ring gear off my aluminum flywheel so now gotta pull tranny. Cleaned it off and now its outside

FuzzMASTA9
Sunday, January 19, 2014 4:45 PM
Great work man! I'm extremely interested in how that bad boy pulls. I'd love to see dyno numbers too. What year LE5 is the bottom end? You know why I'm asking..

Keep up the great work!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:07 PM
06 le5 without oil cooler, come both ways but without makes install easier, but with oil cooler could also be beneficial also

FuzzMASTA9
Sunday, January 19, 2014 7:26 PM
Awesome so it has the forged internals. From what I've heard, the oil cooler isn't worth much, if anything, in stock form. Definitely made the right call there.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:10 PM
Yea forged internals with knife edge crank and piston oil squirters from the factory. Heres couple bottom end pictures, pistons look brand new after I did quick wipe down on them before installing LSJ head

FuzzMASTA9
Monday, January 27, 2014 5:05 PM
Kent Moore valve spring compressor showed up finally so today pulled my ZZP 82# springs from my l61 and once cav goes back in shop (whenever flywheel shows up will be back in there) will be swapping springs in hybrid, still need Kent Moore cam gear holder also bc dont want to pull timing cover off again.

Comparison picture of stock springs versus ZZP 82# (ZZP is 1/4 inch longer)
http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u646/fuzzmasta9/SDC11069_zps04e883cf.jpg[/img

And cavs home until flywheel shows up, had to move from shop to get some other stuff fixed in the mean time

All I got for now, hoping flywheel shows up soon so can get back at it plus wednesday ordering up more parts for it to finish it up so the tuning can begin...

FuzzMASTA9
Monday, January 27, 2014 5:09 PM
Here is the comparison picture between valves

FuzzMASTA9
Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:32 AM
sub'd in for this one!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 9:56 AM
I'm watching this one
Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:48 PM
Ordered bunch more parts, will post pictures tonight. Kent Moore cam gear holder, ZZP S3 heat exchanger, Autometer carbon fiber series boost gauge, and also just paid for Team Green LSD insert. Plus guy just did a gauge cluster for me with blue leds and gen 5 stepper motors in it

FuzzMASTA9

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:31 PM
gauge cluster done up

Other stuff on the way too

Picture of rear disc brakes found too, Mr quick 5/8 brackets. ebc rotors, hawk pads, and stainless steel lines

Look after brakes installed with lss rear I have

And top view down

Just bought 01 parts car and 99 z24 parts car tonight so black trunk swap and maybe black side skirt swap will happn and gonna take drivers rear quarter off 99 for my car also to fix rust by door and dent by tail light

FuzzMASTA9
Friday, January 31, 2014 3:48 AM
Did you rent the tool from somewhere or just buy it?

Edit: sweet progress btw!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, January 31, 2014 3:48 AM

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, February 03, 2014 6:05 AM
Trent does good work on the gauge clusters! I need to get him to do mine one of these days.

Monday, February 03, 2014 2:07 PM
More parts of the puzzle has arrived, fog lights special ordered from work (cheaper than what used ones are being sold for), Kent Moore cam gear holder, oh and of course the ZZP Heat exchanger.

FuzzMASTA9
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search