Hellllllooo.. got bored, got the itch... semi-build thread - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Hellllllooo.. got bored, got the itch... semi-build thread
Sunday, January 26, 2014 4:05 PM
s1lver_N1p (forum_Naz1) wrote:
Stephen (manta z) wrote:
s1lver_N1p (forum_Naz1) wrote:
Stephen (manta z) wrote:Thanks guys! Waiting on Russell... SS brake lines are the last piece I need for the brake swap. That and to get the coil overs done.
Did you get Russell lines for the Cavalier or for a different model? The ones I had for the Cavalier are really too short for NWF. Good to see you working on it again. There's probably a reason why Tein had that much metal on the mounts.

Yeah i just ordered jbody ones. How much longer do they need to be?

I would say at least another inch as stock length is like an immediate bend at the caliper.

Perfect, I know the stock length is 11.75 and I called Russell and they hooked me up. Going to run their universal edura lines in 13" with ends. Should hopefully work out then

Friday, February 07, 2014 6:56 AM
lookin good bud. love the bumpers

Sunday, February 09, 2014 11:12 AM
WAYDERS wrote:lookin good bud. love the bumpers

Why thank you sir!

So went into work today and was finally able to work on my stuff. We've been swamped getting everything ready for a dealer expo. So I painted my repair fender and my side skirts..
Yep IF sides.. I hate how the xtreme sides look so I sold them off. They're to big and bulky. Plus I've modified the rest of the kit to be cleaner and those don't fit the clean look. And no longer car about preserving a stupid "rare" "discontinued" body kit.

So I will be glad to get the fender back on and the new sides mounted up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, February 09, 2014 11:13 AM
Attachments
IMG_20140209_140502_822.jpg (1250k)

Sunday, February 09, 2014 3:31 PM
whoa orange peel...........lol

Sunday, February 09, 2014 6:01 PM
Lol lol. Trust me this is going to be a sweet car from 30feet away

Monday, February 10, 2014 5:48 AM
lmao

Monday, February 10, 2014 5:49 AM
I say that at work all the time.

Monday, February 10, 2014 10:11 AM
Dude, it'll be a total 30/30 car. 30 feet away going 30mph..

Welp more goodies showed up today. 1" hub-centric bolt on spacers since I had some toe issues with one of my hub spacers. Ditched for simplicity till i do a brake swap back there in which i can machine these down about a 1/2" and still use with added hub spacers. Also got some of those fancy dang there hood latches. Going to use as a secondary latch with stock latch to eliminate the concern and fluttering i get on the outside corners of my hood. Being it doesn't have a whole lot of structure in the center from the vents and scoop it seems to flex a lot. Not thrilled about cutting into the hood but got to do work to make work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 10, 2014 10:13 AM
Attachments
IMG_20140210_130043_812.jpg (1689k)

Monday, February 10, 2014 4:38 PM
Looking good bro. Glad you got the itch again.

A J-body owner since 1998
91 cavy, 99 sunfire, 00 cavy
06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
09 cobalt SS/TC sedan WHITE 1 of 41
Monday, February 10, 2014 6:18 PM
I like what's going on here. Good to see you still at it!

I'm still here.. not much posting goes on from me though.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 2:17 PM
Nice to see this thread happening

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:33 AM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Nice to see this thread happening

Thanks Jason and Jesse! is nice seeing some OGs still frequently checking here.

Saturday, March 01, 2014 9:35 AM
Any Updates

06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
Saturday, March 01, 2014 10:19 AM
Actually yep! Just got finished working on it actually. Tore all the front suspension and brakes out on both sides. Plan tomorrow to start bolting in new parts.

This has been my distraction lately. Working in the hooptie winter driver. Just acquired 18" 2010 camaro take offs to bolt up to it once weather gets nicer to go with the 3front/4rear drop I'm doin on it

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, March 01, 2014 10:29 AM

Monday, March 03, 2014 6:40 AM
The s10 has the same bolt pattern as the 5th gen camaro...hum

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 03, 2014 6:56 AM
not quite. s10 5x4.75 and the camaro is 5x120.65 but the other issue is the offset is off quite a bit. s10 needs like negative or 0 offset and the camaro are like +34. I was already machining adapters to give it a wider stance anyway so it wasn't a big deal to make them convert bolt pattern. 5th gen camaro also uses larger m14 studs. I just wanted some big ass steelies to get a bigger rim, wider tire and still have a rough beat up look. Plus run proper tires for speedo unlike the cavalier wheels and tires i'm using now just to burn up extra tires i have from the cav.

Updates, Last night, just bolted on the control arms / sway bar links / ball joints. Fought with axles a little so brought one to work to remove the input shaft off the one and try a go at getting them damn things to lock in again. cant understand why i'm having such difficulties lol i blame it on lack of room and equipment but whatever. Just cant seem to get the axles to lock in past the clips

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, March 03, 2014 7:04 AM

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:15 PM
Got the new and modified strut mounts painted this week. Just need to get the struts done now.

Also made some progress bit by bit and got the new control arms, tie rod ends, knuckles, hubs, and axles all in and set on the new camaro rotors. Didn't have caliper bolts so those will be next thing I need to get.

Also after seeing my stock exhaust doesn't stick out past the new lip and is actually not centered I figured what the hell. New muffler to fill in the opening then got a few resonators to put in so I can try to keep the car quiet

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 2:31 PM
God those mounts are sick. A+ man

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:42 PM
Nice work. Sub'd to this one.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 9:23 AM
Stephen (manta z) wrote:not quite. s10 5x4.75 and the camaro is 5x120.65...
LMAO. Stephen, 120.65 / 25.4 = 4.75. Same bolt pattern.

Stephen (manta z) wrote:Updates, Last night, just bolted on the control arms / sway bar links / ball joints. Fought with axles a little so brought one to work to remove the input shaft off the one and try a go at getting them damn things to lock in again. cant understand why i'm having such difficulties lol i blame it on lack of room and equipment but whatever. Just cant seem to get the axles to lock in past the clips
Looks good. You get your rear kit yet? I saw an update on this thread and figured that's what it was.

Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:09 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:
Stephen (manta z) wrote:not quite. s10 5x4.75 and the camaro is 5x120.65...
LMAO. Stephen, 120.65 / 25.4 = 4.75. Same bolt pattern.

Stephen (manta z) wrote:Updates, Last night, just bolted on the control arms / sway bar links / ball joints. Fought with axles a little so brought one to work to remove the input shaft off the one and try a go at getting them damn things to lock in again. cant understand why i'm having such difficulties lol i blame it on lack of room and equipment but whatever. Just cant seem to get the axles to lock in past the clips
Looks good. You get your rear kit yet? I saw an update on this thread and figured that's what it was.

Lol thanks on the catch. Had too many numbers in my head from the CNC mill.. the camaro uses 120.7! and the S10 is 120.65 or 4.75... its very tiny difference but with the larger m14 studs and that difference i didn't want any added stress and i've heard some stories of that tiny bit causing some hell of stress.. So I played it safe

as for the rear I was just waiting for some dude to get me the spacers before I started.. worst guy to deal with ever I tell ya! lol. I was really just trying to tackle each at a time and not get too deep at once lol Which speaking of look what showed up 20minutes ago

Thursday, March 13, 2014 12:55 PM
These bad boys also showed up to pair with those nice little brackets.

Friday, March 14, 2014 6:44 AM
Really? People have had issues with 25 thousanths? I call BS on that. LOL. Also, I'd actually bet it's just a matter of rounding because you never see a 2 digit official decimal in a wheel bolt pattern.

Glad to see you got the parts. Nice looking discs. Looking forward to seeing the install.

Friday, March 14, 2014 7:01 AM
I spent some time on the s10 forums, bimmer forums and a few misc others and even had a guy with solidworks stress testing on the bimmer forums show the stress on the shank of the studs. the steelies are heavy too so I feel im already pushing my luck with 3" spacers lol

going to try to tear down this weekend and hopefully get the rear parts on as well. depends if im working saturday and sunday or just saturday this weekend.

Monday, March 24, 2014 5:19 PM
I love it bro. A sad day is coming in a few weeks, after having the cavy for 12 years she will be going to a new home I've owned a Jbody since 1998 and it was time to move on, I've had my 06 cobalt SS/SC for 5 years now and it's been taking all the love and now it's time to build her up cause I picked up another cobalt. I got an 09 SS/TC SEDAN white (1of41 made) with all the bolt ons and it made 331hp and 358tq so I now have 2 fun cobalts!! But I have told myself that once I can find another J (convertible) I will build it. I will check in here periodically to make sure you don't slack of again Steve

06 cobalt SS/SC YELLOW
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search