My progress thread, M62 & More! - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My progress thread, M62 & More!
Friday, March 14, 2014 3:58 PM
Figured I would start a picture thread to show my progress and mods now that the last of my parts have come in!

For today, I took a galaxy tab 2 (7") and mounted it in the dash. I moved the radio to the glovebox.

I did this by making a 7in x 4in x 3in wood mount, basically half a box. I mounted a case for the tablet to the front of the mount and used the side panels from a double din install kit attached with screws to the sides of the mount to make a "fake" radio. Bolted it right in like you would a double din radio. I routed the wiring harness for the radio into the glove box and ran a 3.5mm to my auxilary in on the radio.

I attached the usb cable to a 2.1 amp charger that will be on my consoles 12v port. I need to grab a relay and fuse so I can set up a circuit to run that port only when key is on. Using the "tasker" app you can turn on the screen when the charger is powered, and off when it is not.

I've got wireless tethering for internet access on it (Streaming & Nav) and will be wiring a manual volume knob to the center console next so I don't have to open my glove box to adjust the audio.

Torque works great this way!

Total cost ~$75 with used tablet and amazon deals!

Re: My progress thread, M62 & More!
Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:48 AM
I have a iPad controlling my radio, subs. Need to use a headphone jack to RCA adaptor and can be purchased at radio shack. The RCA will plug right into the amp.

Saturday, March 15, 2014 3:44 PM
Looks cool man I like the idea! But, I'm more interested in the other parts you have for the car

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, March 15, 2014 7:36 PM
Yeah, me too. By the end of the month it should be done.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 1:29 PM
Today I managed to have the wideband O2 bung welded on my new downpipe + Cat.

I also pressed on the ZZP hub and pulley!

I'l be inventorying my swap parts and making sure I have everything. I'll hopefully be installing it on the 29th!

Sunday, March 16, 2014 1:31 PM
Today I managed to have the wideband O2 bung welded on my new downpipe + Cat.

I also pressed on the ZZP hub and pulley!

I'l be inventorying my s/c install parts and making sure I have everything. I'll hopefully be installing it on the 29th! Can't wait!

Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:32 PM
mmmm looks great man

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 5:41 AM
that tablets looking good mounted there. props.

mmmmmm, boost.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:52 AM
One more supporting mod installed (can you spot the next restrictive piece):

DP is from http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com , Took 3 weeks to come, but the quality was great and with high flow cat the price was reasonable too. I had a buddy weld an o2 bung for me (I was using a vampire tap that was leaking before on my stock pipe).

Overall, install was a PIA just because working with exhaust normally is. I had snapped studs, bolts, and drilling them out was a major pain in the ass. Took almost 3 hours, with the trip to the parts store for a new o2 sensor. At least it is done now. I can feel a bit of a difference in the top end, not a lot, but it revs (and sounds way better) faster in the top end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, March 19, 2014 3:24 AM

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:53 AM

I really need an edit button!

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 8:12 AM
Mark wrote:I really need an edit button!

Premium membership

"In Oldskool we trust"

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:40 AM
WHY DOESN'T IT SAY THAT. DONE.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 9:56 AM
I use it ALL the time lol. Give it a few days to activate.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, March 18, 2014 3:19 PM
Nice progress man, love the galaxy mounted in the dash, I was going to do the same thing with my tablet to run Torque on.

I had gotten a rear over the axle pipe from Mandrel Bent Exhaust systems earlier this year to repair my sedan, great quality piece and fit perfect.

Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:44 AM
Did an Inventory today.

Realized I need 3 more injector cups, working on that now... and some bulk hose.

Not pictured is the heat exchanger, gm reflashed ecu, AFPR.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:20 AM
Any updates man? Curious how she's running now.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:52 AM
x2^^

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search