No @!#$ given build/progress thread - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No @!#$ given build/progress thread
Friday, May 23, 2014 12:34 PM
Picked this 2000 Cavi up for 300 bucks with a blown head gasket (possibly cracked head), as you can see it looks pretty good from the drivers side but has paint and body damage on the passenger side from what looks like the passenger quarter panel rubbed against a guard rail or something.

The interior was seriously disgusting, the previous owner smoked and put all of his butts into mcdonalds tea cups that then spillt all over the car so I spent a whole day cleaning and removing what was sticky and broke. I also did a small amount of weight reduction on the car since this is not my DD, but simply a car to mess around with on my days off work.

Re: No @!#$ given build/progress thread
Friday, May 23, 2014 12:49 PM
no rear seats ftw! haha i take mine out all the time so that my friends can't ask for rides. lol

Friday, May 23, 2014 1:04 PM
Yeah im thinking of selling them since they were actually in good shape, but I wanted to clean underneath them and remove the sound deadner, now the console on the other hand was disgusting but the cool thing is without the console in it was actually pretty cool to watch the shifter work since im use to linkage shifters instead of cable
Monday, May 26, 2014 10:18 PM
I would just replace the carpet personally it is so cheap to do and yes it has to be cut to fit.I bought some from ACC (auto custom carpet) for like 125.00 shipped or close to that.I did my nephews 98 accord and it so makes all the difference.His carpet was a mix of tea,soda and coffee stains so bad your shoes would stick to the ground after being in the car.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:21 AM
Ron Love wrote:I would just replace the carpet personally it is so cheap to do and yes it has to be cut to fit.I bought some from ACC (auto custom carpet) for like 125.00 shipped or close to that.I did my nephews 98 accord and it so makes all the difference.His carpet was a mix of tea,soda and coffee stains so bad your shoes would stick to the ground after being in the car.

That is disgusting..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:10 PM
Yes it was! But I replaced the carpet and cleaned all the leather,console door jambs and so forth as he got this car handed to him for free.This car was his uncles/aunt car and I did ALL the work inside and out to make it minty clean and safe back in 09.The accord is still in active use to this day and I do all the required service and just two weeks ago updated the cooling system and belts as they were 4 yrs old and due a service.Now back on the topic of fixing up a old low cost ride.Imo replacing carpet over spending hours cleaning is the best route for the time and money!Plus removing the trim and just refreshing the whole interior makes 100% good sense if a daily or spare ride as I am a clean fanatic about everything!!!!!!!

Thursday, May 29, 2014 10:09 PM
Fan of new carpet myself.....though all of mine are in pretty decent shape for their age...

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Saturday, June 07, 2014 4:22 PM
Few small updates Still waiting on a head

Did get the top end gasket set and head bolts for 90 bucks shipped!

Sunday, June 29, 2014 1:03 PM
Rather interested in this build. You could always go spray in bed liner in lieu of carpet? Just a thought.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search