My 05 Cavalier z24...so far...CANADIAN - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My 05 Cavalier z24...so far...CANADIAN
Sunday, May 31, 2015 4:42 PM
whelp here is my first pics of my car...had the car for about 4 months now...really liking it aside from all the dam clunks in the suspension wich i cant pin point at all...any ways its a 2005 Chevy Cav 2.2 z25...here in canada the z24 still exists! we dont have LS or LSS up here...any who since i owned the car i painted the front and rear bumpers as they were peeling like a bitch, also the car used to have a trailer hitch on it witch i quickly taken off. Next i gave it a full tune up plugs, all oils ect...i then replaced all 4 struts including front mounts...i bought quick struts for the front :p i also replaced the endlinks and swaybar bushings, installed a double din sony deck and plopped on some camaro inspired stripes also plastidipped the inside of the rims and side of the spokes and threw on some cooper zeon rs3-a tires.

To come within the next 3 months is a pacesetter exhaust system, subwoofer, cold air, new front brakes n rotors, new headlights, new front control arms and tie rods, prothane motor mounts, window tint, and window air deflectors. If the clunk still persists then ill look into coil overs....i just dont understand where its coming from there is ZERO movement in anything

Re: My 05 Cavalier z24...so far...CANADIAN
Sunday, May 31, 2015 7:12 PM
The clunk happen to sound like a hollow wood sound almost. Its almost 100% its your strut mounts in the rear. Pull the seat down and drive a bumpy road and see if you hear it back there. If you hear the clunk itll be the rear mounts.
Sunday, May 31, 2015 11:53 PM
Same problem here, just on the passenger side. All new and still clunks. I read somewhere to add washers on the strut arm nut, still have yet to try it. Also I wouldn't recommend coilovers. I have ground control with kyb adjustables and though gc is the best coilover, still a bit bumpy and not as low as hoped. Would suggest a full coilover system or just a set of eibach lowering springs if ur not looking to get real low. U mentioned bout a hitch, possible something got damaged towing? With that said I like the camaro stripes. Keep it up and let us know if u find where the noise is coming from

ReD RaiN
Monday, June 01, 2015 8:58 AM
Nice car , digging the stripes! Double check the mount from where the noise seems to be coming from . What brand of mount did you buy, the original factory mounts are hard to beat. Maybe retighten your mount nuts so they are nice and snug , I know the rears are a bitch to get at but that might be your problem is coming from

BLACKMANTIS
Monday, June 01, 2015 3:34 PM
T!M8!T wrote:Same problem here, just on the passenger side. All new and still clunks. I read somewhere to add washers on the strut arm nut, still have yet to try it. Also I wouldn't recommend coilovers. I have ground control with kyb adjustables and though gc is the best coilover, still a bit bumpy and not as low as hoped. Would suggest a full coilover system or just a set of eibach lowering springs if ur not looking to get real low. U mentioned bout a hitch, possible something got damaged towing? With that said I like the camaro stripes. Keep it up and let us know if u find where the noise is coming from

Teins, kW, or bc coil overs are the way to go. Out of the box teins ss are the best coilovers since they come with pillow mounts on all 4 corners.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Thursday, June 04, 2015 8:01 AM
thats the thing...its comming from the front 100%...and the front struts were replaced as a assembly...new strut new spring new everything all pre-assembled. Brand is a generic brand nothing fancy....i orderd a full prothane kit today from summit gonna do that n see where i get(control arm bushings and all mounts)...also gonna recheck my swaybar....its about 1/4 of a inch away from the cradle on the right front and on the left front its about 1/2 inch away leading me to believe the swaybar is bent or hitting the cradle on bumps....any idea what size swaybar is on the front on 05 lss models? im starting to think i bought the wrong size bushings...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search