GTC 2015 Build?!?! - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GTC 2015 Build?!?!
Wednesday, August 26, 2015 2:21 PM
Since you have the whole car, I would seriously just wire everything from the Cobalt, use the Cobalt steering column and all.

This looks like a fun project. I look forward to updates.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 3:17 PM
I am using the whole wiring from the cobalt, but there are things from the cobalt that will not work in the cavalier. The steering column being one of them will not fit without a ton of modification it was much easier to modify a couple other things to fit the j.

Here are a couple parts that have shown up the last couple days

Just waiting on the BSD bushings to show up they just shipped today, once they are in the motor will get buttoned up and dropped in. After that start hooking everything up and get the trans in place. Still have some parts I know I need to purchase, I need to do something for an intake manifold, injectors, and also have to figure out MAF sensor location and get the tubing for it.

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 3:23 PM
Finally got my lzm bushings in balance shaft delete is done and new timing chain is installed. Motor is almost ready to drop in.

My oil cooler block off we made at work have an extra if anyone would like one

and does anyone know what these to wires and connector are for it was destroyed in the wreck

Tuesday, September 01, 2015 3:26 PM
Did you pull the sleeve out of the block for the oil cooler? If not the block-off plate will starve the motor of oil immediately.

That plug looks like an o2 sensor but if it's only 2 wire that's definitely not it. Could be anything from coolant sensor to washer fluid level. Remember the cobalt has 2 coolant temp sensors so maybe that's it?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, September 01, 2015 3:52 PM
yes I pulled the sleeve out. Im assuming its something on the drivers side front of the car since thats where it was wrecked

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 10:57 AM
Wow, I love that you and this car are still around. Back before Ryan sold it, my roommate and I came down to swap suspension. It looks like you might still have her Sunfire struts/springs on the car? .

Looking forward to following your progress. It sounds like a fun project!

--------------------------------------------

1990 Pontiac Sunbird // 1995 Beretta Base
Wednesday, September 02, 2015 11:14 AM
Unfortunately i havent changed suspension on her yet. Needs to be done. I have enough money wrapped up into this project that unless i can find some decent second hand ones for a dwcent price ot will just have to wait

Friday, September 04, 2015 4:31 PM
Got this in thr mail today

Monday, September 14, 2015 12:58 PM
Quick update got the engine in just waiting on my flywheel and clutch to get built so I can get the trans in and and start laying everything out looks like the brake fluid resivour may be in the way will have to wait and see

Sunday, October 04, 2015 11:35 AM
Finally have had a chance to get some work done on the car. I have been so busy lately with customer cars and life in general. Progress on the car will be slowing down a littlw just watching my cash flow with just having purchased my wife a new car. (2015 ford fusion ecoboost) which will be modded when the warrenty is up. But in the meantime here is a shot of the progress in the past couple days. My only thing im not sure of is what to do in place of the vents. There is no heating or cooling in the car anyone have some good ideas?

Yes its twisted a little moved when bonding but will correct it when im done.

Monday, November 09, 2015 2:52 PM

Anyone have any ideas on what to do about this?

Monday, November 09, 2015 3:15 PM
Is it hitting just the bolt?

FU Tuning

Monday, November 09, 2015 5:24 PM
No its hitting the cam sensor

Monday, November 09, 2015 6:08 PM
PJ just tossed a Malibu master in Havblu to gain clearance.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:17 PM
Pj and i have been talking and it wont work for me. He isnt using the cam sensor

Wednesday, November 11, 2015 6:35 AM
Booster delete with a wilwood manual master?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, November 11, 2015 6:36 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, December 12, 2015 5:24 AM
This was easily the most pleasant find on JBO for me this year... love that your slobalt swapping the GTC! Epic, subbed. Oh and do it well, so I can copy it for my sedan later. *@!#$ eating grin*

Saturday, December 12, 2015 5:33 AM
I am definitely taking my time in this and doing it right. I have a few boosters im looking at to see if they will work just waiting on demensions. Got a few more parts on order. Not much more then that to update on right now but will have more soon to come. Soon i will have a week off of work that i am hoping to get some things acomplished

Saturday, December 12, 2015 4:45 PM
sub'd very interested in this
Saturday, January 02, 2016 3:47 PM
Just a quick update

Progress is slowly moving forward on the car. I have the exhaust built the tank is back in the car ECU is mounted but still have to make sure that its position does not interfere with the charge pipes. Radiator is back in the car and all plumbed in. Waiting on a few new couplings to come in the mail also am looking to order a brake booster for an aveo and I think that should clear the Cam shaft position sensor. Interior wiring is 90% done have to finish a few small things and I'll be back to modify the dash and putting interior back together. Engine bay wiring is almost done will dress things up after successful start up.

Monday, January 18, 2016 6:02 PM
Another update with some pics to come soon. The aveo bosster worked perfectly. Just had to redrill the cavalier brake pedal bracket and the firewall. The cobalts master bolted up to the aveo booster. Got the charge pipes powder primered then i shot them with a pearl black that i made and then coated with a semi gloss clear so they a semi glossy black then light shines on them and the pearls jump out. Having a few issues with the electrical in the car. I getting a p0230 code for the furl pump circuit and i have no spark. Not quite sure whats going on yet. Maybe they are related or maybe i don't have something from the balt hooked up required for spark.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 11:25 AM
Curious to see the aveo brake setup on the firewall

Monday, January 25, 2016 6:27 PM
New clutch is in. Here are some pics of the clutch and the pipes i painted. Also pics of the aveo booster set up. Next on the agenda is get the front suspension and everything back together so the car can get set down on the ground and start working on electrical again

Sunday, February 14, 2016 11:13 AM
Car starts and runs, I have an exhaust leak somewhere so I ordered some new gaskets also have a coolant leak somewhere below the pipes that go to the heater not sure quite what it is yet. Next step is to get the dash done and interior back together while i wait for some parts to show up.

Sunday, February 14, 2016 12:13 PM
Nice.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search