2015 Updates - Page 4 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2015 Updates
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 5:08 PM
Philly D wrote:Vortec tb on that? If so what does the tb cable bracket look like?

LS not the Vortec. I'm debating on switching to the Vortec.

FU Tuning

Monday, July 27, 2015 4:46 PM
Got some more ARP goodies. Decided to swap out the polished wiper arm nuts with black.

also my IAC and TPS since they can now be seen

FU Tuning

Saturday, August 01, 2015 2:27 PM
Small update on the car. I was able to run it against my HHR SS today. The HHR has a custom tune by me running 20psi, but stock except. By using the GM on board gauges it is making around 275whp, made 225/230 stock. So from 40mph the cavy walked away. Even from higher rolls it walked away. I do not know what the HHR runs in the 1/4 but have guessed low 14's.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 9:53 AM
Still probably my favorite car on here

* * BIG FOR SALE POST * *
Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:37 PM
Another update.

Main and rod bearings have been ordered. Vortec TB should arrive tomorrow as I have had issues with the LS TB and I want to have my cruise control.

So last week I took out the lower front tranny mount.

I had a lot of movement on that side of the engine bay and I know why. I then did this:

Finished it off with this.

I still have not done the upper rear one, and likely wont until the motor comes out, but the difference is major.

FU Tuning

Thursday, August 27, 2015 10:30 AM
My prothanes did exactly the same thing. I wanted to make the whole piece like you did but I was out of time so I just made a bigger bushing for the middle and pressed it in.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, August 31, 2015 3:14 PM
Vortec TB is on the car and it runs much better. Solved alot of issues for me.

Some other parts showed up.

FU Tuning

Friday, September 04, 2015 5:08 PM
More parts.

FU Tuning

Sunday, September 27, 2015 7:42 PM
Another part I got a week or so ago.

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 03, 2015 6:13 PM
Care to show how you got the vortec tb on there? Cable bracket?
Saturday, October 03, 2015 7:23 PM
Philly D wrote:Care to show how you got the vortec tb on there? Cable bracket?

Used same bracket I was using for the LS. The throw is not in a different direction like it has been said, it is in a little different position. Still used the same bracket, just adjusted it. I will try for pictures but location of bracket will make it hard.

FU Tuning

Saturday, October 24, 2015 6:43 PM
So went to a car show today with a friend of mine. It was at a local 1/4 dirt track. Part of the entry fee was getting to do 4 laps around the track. End of the day person with quickest time wins a trophy and $100 gift card.

They had a 420whp STI so my chances were none.

Here is a video my friend took of me. It was sooo much fun!! M62 LD9 on dirt track

Oh and Yes I had the fastest time!!!!! 17:16

FU Tuning

Monday, November 02, 2015 4:32 PM
Here is a video of two angles I put together.
Dirt track racing

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:51 PM
Awesome updates. Keep at it.

Tuesday, December 01, 2015 3:54 PM
Small video of a 0-90 pull.

https://youtu.be/D70hUkpXieQ

FU Tuning

Thursday, December 03, 2015 2:25 PM

Monday, December 28, 2015 8:43 PM
How can you order rod and main bearings before you know what size they will clean up at ?

Thursday, February 04, 2016 12:59 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:Another update.

Main and rod bearings have been ordered. Vortec TB should arrive tomorrow as I have had issues with the LS TB and I want to have my cruise control.

I had a lot of movement on that side of the engine bay and I know why. I then did this:

I still have not done the upper rear one, and likely wont until the motor comes out, but the difference is major.

John what tranny mount inserts are those?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, February 04, 2016 3:45 PM
David Ingram wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:Another update.

John what tranny mount inserts are those?

LFU. Meyers brothers make them.

FU Tuning

Saturday, February 13, 2016 3:08 PM
So some updates.

I had the car on the dyno last week of 2015. Numbers corrected were 208whp, I was not very happy with those. After the dyno I found the bypass valve was leaking. Once fixed I gained 3psi. I was guessing 228whp at that point.

So recently swapped out the axles as one had a cracked boot, the other was clicking. These were my original axles with 153k on them and close to 200 track passes. I got a set from the junkyard swapped those last weekend. This was in preparation for going to the track today.

First pass went 13.90@102mph. I ended the day with a 13.65@102.45mph. I'm very pleased with this time!! This was on street tires and I feel the car has more in it. I only ran 4 times today. Could have ran more, but after the 13.65 I said I'm done.

FU Tuning

Monday, February 15, 2016 5:51 AM
Not bad at all for street tires! Id be happy with that. Planning on squeezing more out of it or going to keep it safe and comfortable? Also, I am digging the trans mounts as well!

Monday, February 15, 2016 1:32 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:Not bad at all for street tires! Id be happy with that. Planning on squeezing more out of it or going to keep it safe and comfortable? Also, I am digging the trans mounts as well!

once my new motor is built, I'm going to make a run at the 12's with this old factory motor.

FU Tuning

Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:22 PM
Another update.

I have been wanting new seats for my car. Current ones have been fading, and the sliders wearing out. Recently the slider on the passenger side got really bad and I can't slide the seat all the way back, so no leg room for a passenger.

Finally found some seats I have been wanting.

These are nissan 350z seats. Good friend of mine had a 07 350z and I always liked the seats. Picked these up from someone off craiglist parting out a car for $220.

I'm working on installing them as we speak.

They are not 100% mounted yet.

FU Tuning

Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:27 PM
Looks great. On a scale of 1-10 how hard are they to convert over. 10 being the hardest.
Thursday, February 25, 2016 10:28 PM
Those look nice. Lumbar support? Been thinking bout swapping mine too eventually for something more modern.

ReD RaiN
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search