Roofy's Sunflower progress thread. - Page 10 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Roofy's Sunflower progress thread.
Saturday, August 01, 2015 12:29 AM
Wire tuck pretty much done! Fuse box and a bunch of wires relocated. All thats left is to wire in the 2-step (that's the red wires in the top right corner), and relocate a couple of vacuum lines.
Attachments
20150727_232001.jpg (1047k)

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, August 01, 2015 12:31 AM
Another pic of the wire tuck. Except for the afformentioned 2-step wires, everything is wired up and where it needs to be.
Attachments
20150727_231943.jpg (1000k)

Saturday, August 01, 2015 6:24 AM
Nice work man!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, August 02, 2015 7:49 AM
Looking good roof.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Saturday, December 25, 2021 5:08 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:Looking good roof.
Thanks MD!

Wow..... alot has changed in 6 years since the last update in this thread! Needless to say, the world has moved on and most forums are dead or dying, but JBO is still my home.....

As a sign of the times, nowadays most of my updates are either on Instagram or videos of drag passes I keep them updated on Youtube.

So where do I even begin??? In 6+ years a ton of things have changed with the Sunflower, but the most important thing is that I still have it!!! It's still my one true passion project, and its still getting continuous improvements..... and its currently in its natural state of apart and not running!!!

From the top of my head, here are some major things that have gone down since my last update..

-- Converted from the original ECU to a MS3PRO standalone that I integrated into the factory wiring and BCM, so everything still functions as well as stock, including heat, AC, and radio. This allows for much better tunability and tuning on the fly. And switchable fuel, spark, and boost maps depending on my ethanol percentage. I've also got quite involved in self-tuning my car, something I never would have dreamed of 6 years ago! This also means i have an integrated launch/2 step and electronic boost control, so the manual boost controller and N2MB are no longer on my car.

-- New street wheels in a different style, but still 17". 245/40/R17 tires

-- Upgraded to DSS Level 5.9 axles, which unfortunately means I lost the one-of-a-kind equal length axle setup, but it is much stronger for drag racing. Speaking of drag racing..... this racing season I finally broke into the 10's!!! A long and hard process, but another accomplishment to check off my list! I even managed to smoke a Challenger Hellcat and a couple of GTRs along the way! It seems there's still a few surprises left in the old Sunflower still...

-- New full race wheel and tire setup. I finally bit the bullet and went with full slicks on the front, and skinny wheels and tires on the back. I had to downgrade from the F body calipers to N body to clear the wheels but its the only way I could fit everything. This was the ticket to getting me into the 10's.

-- Completely new fuel system installed a few years ago, with -8AN stainless steel braided lines, Hellcat 525 LPH fuel pump, and Aeromotive external fuel pressure regulator for better fueling control and capacity.

-- Redesigned cooling system with different coolant reservoir, lines, and fan setup for a better fit and cleaner look underhood

I'm sure that there's a ton of things that I'm forgetting, but those are the major ones that I can think of at the moment..... But as I've already said, theres always time for more upgrades!!!! This next go-around I'll be shooting for 750 wheel horsepower, and low 10's in the 1/4 mile!!! Already in the works I have....

--Fully forged and built LSJ based 2.2 Ecotec with Eagle forged rods and crank. CSS block guard, all ARP fasteners, balance shaft elimination setup, fully ported and polished cylinder head with upgraded springs, retainers, and oversized valves.

--- Custom one-off equal length stainless steel runner turbo manifold made by Tyler Ewy, with Tial 44mm wastegate and designed to let me keep the AC and heat.

-- GTX3576R dual ball-bearing turbocharger with full 3" stainless steel V-band downpipe and connections.

-- Bosch/ID 2200cc injectors

-- New hardened and cryotreated oil pump gears, and cryotreated engine internals as well.

-- Getrag f23 with full cryotreated gearsets and a new improved design OBX LSD.

-- New custom made full 3" stainless steel exhaust from the turbo back.

For more in-depth updates and videos, you can check out my YouTube channel at
https://youtube.com/user/Roofy70
Or check my Instagram at http://www.instagram.com/roofy70

Saturday, December 25, 2021 6:04 AM
Wow nice update! Glad to hear she's still kickin.

For the MS3, you've just piggybacked this in wit the factory ECU to keep the gauges working? Would love to see more of that setup.

Thanks for the update. Always nice to see some OG love. Merry Christmas!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, December 30, 2021 4:14 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:Wow nice update! Glad to hear she's still kickin.

For the MS3, you've just piggybacked this in wit the factory ECU to keep the gauges working? Would love to see more of that setup.

Thanks for the update. Always nice to see some OG love. Merry Christmas!

Yes the stock ecu is still in the car, and a few sensors are duplicated to keep everything happy, but it's not controlling anything except signals to the BCM/cluster.

Saturday, February 26, 2022 10:11 AM
Awesome to hear the car is still around and your still plugging away at it. I'll have to check out your YouTube, last thing I watched on there was a gxp gauge swap or something like that? Been years. I watch so much small tire street racing nothing else comes up on my feed.

I Love My J ♡
Wednesday, May 04, 2022 12:13 AM
This is really a fun project!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search