switching out 1996 ecm for 97 or 98 ecm so i can have it progrmmed i need help with wire harness - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
switching out 1996 ecm for 97 or 98 ecm so i can have it progrmmed i need help with wire harness
Wednesday, December 09, 2015 4:03 AM
switching out cavalier 2.4l 1996 ecm for 97 or 98 ecm so i can have it progrmmed i need help with wire harness i cant seem to find a used or new harness anywhere we have manual shift car would an automatic wire harness work? im having a heck of a time trying to figure this out and cant seem to locate a harness for this

Re: switching out 1996 ecm for 97 or 98 ecm so i can have it progrmmed i need help with wire harness
Monday, December 28, 2015 8:27 PM
Yes it can be done with HPT . I think you would be better off using 98 and up .

Re: switching out 1996 ecm for 97 or 98 ecm so i can have it progrmmed i need help with wire harness
Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:35 PM
A bit late of an answer, but the automatic engine harness will work, but it won't be plug and play. You'll need to fine the wires that go into the trans (for the Park lock out) and connect them. Otherwise, the ignition wire doesn't have a connection to the starter. (the mechanical auto trans usually completes that circuit when it's in park)
I converted my 95 3 speed auto to a 5 speed manual, and used the factory harness. too a while to figure out that wire needed to be connected. Not sure the colors are the same but i think it was a purple and ..... some other color (pink???) connect those 2, and the engine would then start turning over.

Thursday, March 24, 2016 3:06 PM
Posted in the wrong forum

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search