JUICEDZ4 projects, Im back... - Page 26 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JUICEDZ4 projects, Im back...
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 1:32 PM
that is bad ass

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:54 AM
Ive been too busy working on my new shop lately to get a lot of time on the car, but Ive managed to get a few things done recently.

Going back to stock inner tie rods (yes I had something different, not getting into that here) but I still wanted to be able to adjust bump steer. I came up with some M18 female rod ends and had a friend machine me some bronze bushings for the ball end to allow me to still use the 5/8" hardware in the strut.

Then I wasted two nights trying to work out the bump steer but realized that the perfect tie rod position is in the middle of the steering arm on the strut. So for now Ill have to make due with what I have. Future plan is to fabricate a new strut tube with the arm in a lower position.

For anyone that hasnt seen it before, this is the bump steer gauge I made up in action.

And the bump steer I ended up with.

Also I got the shade on the gauge cluster extended to try and combat some nighttime glare I get on the windshield. Its pretty clear what I added. The cluster is all abs, except for the front panel which has an aluminum overlay.

I skipped the picture where I added and sanded the body filler.

Finally, again to help with the glare, I made and installed a voltage regulator circuit to limit the voltage to the dash lights. No pics.

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Project updates and stuff: www.clubhousecustoms.com
email: dan at clubhousecustoms dot com
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:19 AM
That cluster is awesome

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:03 AM
Luke C wrote:That cluster is awesome

x2 wow that's awesome.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, May 03, 2013 10:35 AM
I finally got some more gold film and put a strip under the new exhaust tube on the floor. Now the exhaust is basically done, maybe Ill start it up this weekend.

Added some of the gold stuff on the bottom of the turbo heat shield and finally made another mounting point for shield at the compressor end. The tab that sticks down (up on the picture) is to shield the alternator from the turbo / down pipe.

Also spent a couple hours removing a huge area of glue from the old silver DEI heat shield tape that I had on the bottom of the hood. What a mess.

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Friday, May 03, 2013 4:52 PM
Love it man

Friday, May 03, 2013 6:03 PM
Excellent job man! Wow!

Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:30 AM
simply amazing

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:35 PM
I found out today that HPR world substituted the good foil with their own brand. The stuff I recently got from them is incorrect and I am returning what I did not use for a full refund. The correct stuff can be purchased here: http://www.koolmat.com/foil.shtml

Basically what I got, without knowing it until I happened to stumble upon TPIs website looking for something else, was a cheaper version which has FLAMMABLE adhesive. Sweet. Here is the explanation:

http://www.thermalprotectioninc.com/Heat_Reflective_Films.html

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:41 PM
Wow I missed the previous update, car is looking amazing! Very nice job on the instrument cluster and hood, love it!

Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:46 AM
Wow this is some |=ucking amazing work! Get this man a engineering job stat!

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]

Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:41 AM
Ninja Bling wrote:Wow this is some |=ucking amazing work! Get this man a engineering job stat!

Good thinkin. Ive been an electrical engineer for 14 years now.

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:18 PM
=D ohhhhh kudos to me! Lmao jp

Your cavi is beast man. Good shizz.

Straight lines are over-rated In My Opinion =]
Tuesday, June 25, 2013 5:43 AM
Still not a ton of progress, the barn has been keeping me super busy.

I did manage to finally wrap the down pipe a couple weeks ago, and added some spark plug boots to hopefully control temps a bit better.

The car is inspected now. I just need to reset the front toe, drain and refill gas and I can take it out again, someday.

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:27 AM
so jealous...

Enjoy life while you can, because you only have one shot. So go BIG or go home.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:36 AM
looking great man. i love the titanium wrap. @!#$ works great.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Tuesday, February 23, 2016 12:37 PM
Think its about time to try and get this pig back out. I need to pull the cover off and figure out what I want / need to do to make it happen.

Likely I need to make some big decisions, there is so much Id love to redo, but that could delay things til who knows when. I still havent decided if I care or not yet.... hah

Anyway, interest has been sparked now that the barn is pretty well done and we have no major projects scheduled for around the house this summer (other than finishing the attached garage).

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:02 PM
juicedz4 wrote:Think its about time to try and get this pig back out. I need to pull the cover off and figure out what I want / need to do to make it happen.

Likely I need to make some big decisions, there is so much Id love to redo, but that could delay things til who knows when. I still havent decided if I care or not yet.... hah

Anyway, interest has been sparked now that the barn is pretty well done and we have no major projects scheduled for around the house this summer (other than finishing the attached garage).

Dan

Loved this build.

Anything wrong with the car? Pulling valve cover?

FU Tuning

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 8:49 AM
juicedz4 wrote:Think its about time to try and get this pig back out. I need to pull the cover off and figure out what I want / need to do to make it happen.

Dan

One of my favorite builds. Look forward to what you come up with next

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:43 AM
Nothing wrong per se. At a min I need to replace the in tank fuel pump and do a little wiring.

I may address some other long standing annoyances, we shall see.

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 3:45 PM
Oh wow - really nice build man!

Monday, February 29, 2016 11:32 AM
One of my favorite threads.....was hoping for some upddates/pics. Sub'd for more

Tuesday, March 01, 2016 2:24 PM
Sweet, was hoping this thing didnt die away somewhere

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, May 04, 2018 6:54 AM
So two plus years after I thought I would get back to this, im getting back to this, haha.

Tore into it last night. Its def in need of a huge cleanup from sitting since 2012 or whatever.

The "gas" that was still in it was pretty awful.

-surge tank out
-oe fuel tank out
-oe fuel lines out

The plan here is to make everything less complicated, and more safe and reliable.

-Ditching the over sized surge tank for a new walbro 400 in tank pump (on order this am)
-New fuel lines as the oe ones are pretty rusty and slightly undersized (need to verify length and get it on order asap). Also noticed the brake lines to the rear are looking pretty bad, so Im going to replace that quick too. Looks like I have enough 3/16 nicopp in stock.
-new larger fuel filter. What I had was really less than adequate

Surge tank out

Tank and lines out

And a couple pics b/c I mostly forgot what it looked like under there

Dan

Currently on jackstands.

Friday, May 04, 2018 1:39 PM
Weird, was just talking about this car the other night. You read my mind. lol

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search