#cavnasty. (that other teal/silver cavalier) - Page 37 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: #cavnasty. (that other teal/silver cavalier)
Monday, October 12, 2015 8:10 PM
I like and dislike the w/s mod list. VERY cool for a car show, but to roll around like that all the time? Or did I miss something and its just a stick and peel type deal?

you KNOW I absolutely love the split rear lip. looks incredible. id like to try that would a stock lip and see how it looks.

anyways, car and theme overall is top notch. keep on keepin on!

RIP silver car. You will be missed.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 2:52 AM
dude, you have such a sick cavy. i do have to ask though, on your old engine, what mods did you have done to boost it and how much did you boost it? i read the entire thread tonight bored at work, great stuff man, great stuff
Tuesday, October 13, 2015 5:28 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:I like and dislike the w/s mod list. VERY cool for a car show, but to roll around like that all the time? Or did I miss something and its just a stick and peel type deal?

you KNOW I absolutely love the split rear lip. looks incredible. id like to try that would a stock lip and see how it looks.

anyways, car and theme overall is top notch. keep on keepin on!

The mod list was just for the show. I peeled it shortly after. It was just typical vinyl.

Christopher Ford wrote:dude, you have such a sick cavy. i do have to ask though, on your old engine, what mods did you have done to boost it and how much did you boost it? i read the entire thread tonight bored at work, great stuff man, great stuff

Thanks man! My old engine setup was nothing more than a stock 2.4L with 2.3L cams/intake manifold backed by T3 super 60 turbo setup. Mostly homemade. It was quite simple yet affective. Tuning was done via HP tuners on top of the GM supercharger reflash. I pushed about 15-17psi the last 2 summers before piston failure.

BeardLife / Club Awesome Reject Blog
Tuesday, October 13, 2015 8:29 AM
still a bunch of giggity happening

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:14 PM
Bro there is nothing i dont like about your car. Its everything ive wanted to do to mine just dont really have the money for it. Btw how low are you? Im getting ready to buy a lowering kit and trust me im not going cheap, your setup lools great and you have just the right amount of low on your car. I just recently bought enkei rs-5 rims that are 16x7, with stock cavy tires so i have a tiny bit of stretch now i just need to lower it. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also ive looked everywhere and i cannot seem to find a high output idi cover on the internet anywhere where are you guys getting these?
Tuesday, October 13, 2015 4:34 PM
Christopher Ford wrote:Bro there is nothing i dont like about your car. Its everything ive wanted to do to mine just dont really have the money for it. Btw how low are you? Im getting ready to buy a lowering kit and trust me im not going cheap, your setup lools great and you have just the right amount of low on your car. I just recently bought enkei rs-5 rims that are 16x7, with stock cavy tires so i have a tiny bit of stretch now i just need to lower it. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Also ive looked everywhere and i cannot seem to find a high output idi cover on the internet anywhere where are you guys getting these?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10100194582861902&set=gm.1645163345753044&type=3&theater

FU Tuning

Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:41 PM
Looking good jay. Any numbers from the new setup yet?

Monday, November 16, 2015 5:18 AM
JUCNBST wrote:Looking good jay. Any numbers from the new setup yet?

I went to our local 1/4 mile ice skating rink they call Lapeer Dragway (google map this place for a laugh!)

On wastegate pressure (12psi) I ran 6 passes at 110mph. Not as good as I was hoping for but the tune hasn't been touched since the stock engine was tuned. Also still running a small intercooler and 36lb injectors. Garbage 60' and 1/4 times. I planned to just shoot for MPH anyways. Online HP calculators put this setup at 315whp so far.

I am compiling a list to remedy all the factors keeping the car from 115+ mph traps (big FMIC, bigger injectors, actual tuning session, upgrading charge piping, 20-25psi, etc). I'll hit it again in the spring. Felt good to hustle the car down the track after 3 years of hiatus.

Unsure when I'll hit a dyno. Maybe a dyno tuning session will occur this spring.

Monday, November 16, 2015 8:03 AM
Keep up the good work

What size are your current charge pipes?? I have not decided on if I am going 2" or 2.25" hot side and 2.5" cold side

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Monday, November 16, 2015 12:02 PM
Blwn LD9 wrote:Keep up the good work

What size are your current charge pipes?? I have not decided on if I am going 2" or 2.25" hot side and 2.5" cold side

My hot side is 2" for the most part for clearance under the car. Cold side is all 2.5". I plan to move battery and run less bends on the cold side as well.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 4:45 PM
Starting to gather parts for Stage 2 of this engine build.

DW 800cc injectors with Smartfire harness adapters and Smartfire 3bar map sensor.

20160302_193046 by Jay Van, on Flickr

Treadstone TR11 intercooler.

20160222_192410 by Jay Van, on Flickr

20160222_192517 by Jay Van, on Flickr

Picked up some used Tein Super Streets locally that I will be cleaning up and transferring the flat top mounts over from previous setup.

20160229_184402 by Jay Van, on Flickr

Nfamus battery box. Battery will be under passenger corner light behind bumper. A cold side charge pipe revision will occur as well.

20160217_162237 by Jay Van, on Flickr

Wastegate spring setup for 23psi.

Attach2257_20160216_111811 by Jay Van, on Flickr

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 4:56 PM
So your not going to use the Tien mounts? Why?

FU Tuning

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 6:47 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:So your not going to use the Tien mounts? Why?

I will be using a flat mount that allows me to go lower and retain the same ride quality/strut travel. Tein mounts are simply too tall and unnecessary.

Wednesday, March 02, 2016 6:54 PM
You can see in these pictures.

FB_IMG_1444061586871 by Jay Van, on Flickr

cavy spring 2014 by Jay Van, on Flickr

Thursday, March 03, 2016 2:02 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:

I will be using a flat mount that allows me to go lower and retain the same ride quality/strut travel. Tein mounts are simply too tall and unnecessary.

ok.

I have the Tein coilovers like yours. I'm good with my setup, but I do not go for very low.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 03, 2016 2:09 PM
Addicted to meth wrote:
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:

ok.

I have the Tein coilovers like yours. I'm good with my setup, but I do not go for very low.

I am not going for super low.... I like having that option for show purposes however,

No one in the world likes a maxed out coilover setup that leaves the car sitting like it's on just springs. Options are nice to have.

Thursday, March 03, 2016 4:08 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:

ok.

I am not going for super low.... I like having that option for show purposes however,

No one in the world likes a maxed out coilover setup that leaves the car sitting like it's on just springs. Options are nice to have.

Oh I'm lower than I was when I was in Sportlines, but honestly might go up higher. I got the Tein's because they were on a car I bought, and I wanted the easy adjustment for track purposes.

They ride way better than the koni reds ever did.

FU Tuning

Thursday, March 03, 2016 4:40 PM
Very nice. Are you going to have to have a cut off switch for the new battery location?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, March 03, 2016 6:30 PM
are your rear mounts modded too?

i've thought about doing this more for the ability to retain my current ride height but keeping the springs better seated when the suspension goes through it's full range of motion.

Thursday, March 03, 2016 7:22 PM
David Ingram wrote:Very nice. Are you going to have to have a cut off switch for the new battery location?

I'll probably have to at some point but for now just some remote located battery posts in the bay.

strat81 wrote:are your rear mounts modded too?

I've thought about doing this more for the ability to retain my current ride height but keeping the springs better seated when the suspension goes through it's full range of motion.

I am using the Overkill rear mounts so they are essentially flat also. I have my car at it's tallest height in these pictures.. Fronts are just about to preload the springs yet have more adjustment threads left and rear height adjustment is maxed. I was also using a shorter rear spring than Tein provides at the time. I'll be using the springs provided with the SS so the front and rear collars adjust evenly.

20151112_162315 by Jay Van, on Flickr

20151112_100503 by Jay Van, on Flickr

Thursday, March 03, 2016 9:52 PM
I know the lower u go rides rough but wish mine sat as low as urs at max height. How much lower can u go with the teins? I guess I shoulda dished out the extra for full coilovers. Always get excited seeing posts of this car

ReD RaiN

Friday, March 04, 2016 3:39 AM
Remote switches in the bay are good

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Thursday, March 10, 2016 7:40 AM
T!M8!T wrote:I know the lower u go rides rough but wish mine sat as low as urs at max height. How much lower can u go with the teins? I guess I shoulda dished out the extra for full coilovers. Always get excited seeing posts of this car

The flat top mounts I used allow me to ride lower while keeping good ride quality and keeping strut lengths normal.

About to tear it down and rework my charge pipes.

20160309_174410 by Jay Van, on Flickr

Friday, March 11, 2016 10:19 AM
Looking great man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, March 11, 2016 4:34 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:You can see in these pictures.

FB_IMG_1444061586871 by Jay Van, on Flickr

Jay,

On the camber plates....are the dimensions of the center and adjustment bolts pretty much the same as other plates?? Mine are blue, so I am looking for another set camber plates in a better color

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search