2017/2018 Updates. - Page 2 - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2017/2018 Updates.
Thursday, July 05, 2018 7:48 PM
Crap.

Transmission? Engine? What happened?

GMR has got nothing on this

Friday, July 06, 2018 1:46 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Crap.

Transmission? Engine? What happened?

It was a charge pipe that came off, because the nut on the t-clamp came off. I have fixed that, but now have an issue with #3 injector circuit which I am currently working on trying to resolve.

FU Tuning

Saturday, July 07, 2018 10:50 AM
Whooo, that was scary

Saturday, July 07, 2018 6:52 PM
So found the issue.

One of those wires read #3 injector. Car is running great.

Installed oil cooler. It shifted a little during test drive. I will adjust.

Installed Eibach rear sway bar. Man this really tightened up the rear of the car. Can't wait for next track day.

FU Tuning

Sunday, July 22, 2018 6:15 PM
Sweet updates! More info on that oil cooler

Tuesday, July 24, 2018 2:40 PM
DOHC_tuner wrote:Sweet updates! More info on that oil cooler

Oil cooler is a Hayden kit. Order directly from Summit. $95 before tax. Came with everything needed.

FU Tuning

Saturday, August 18, 2018 6:11 PM
So more updates. After the last track day. I wanted track only tires. After research and lots of debate. I went with some no names Accelerate 651's. They are a R compound 200 tread rating DOT tire. I have my old wheels ADR Battle Z II's.

So this past week these showed up.

Mounted on the old wheels.

Mounted on the car. Miss these wheels, but they are rough.

This view is my street tires. 215/45/17

This view is the new tires 225/45/17

Yesterday was my birthday and also track day. My dad and I, as well as Ben Wootson (BWC) and his Dad, and our very good friend all went to the open track day. Changes to the car from last track day were rear sway bar install oil cooler install and the track tires. All changes performed great!! Sadly I only got about 8 laps on the track and came off the track after a car spun and put grass on the track. When we got off the track we noticed the car was missing. Intake manifold gasket pushed out. Could have likely kept going but did not want to chance it. I was able to drive the car home. Next event will be the Florida Half mile event in October.

Here is a video of the track.
Track Day video

FU Tuning

Monday, August 20, 2018 8:15 PM
Sweet....like seeing people still doing stuff

Tuesday, August 28, 2018 4:40 AM
Using money from my birthday I picked up something I have wanted for a while. Quick Release.

With the deep dished wheel it does @!#$ out from the turn signal controls more than I would like. I will likely replace the wheel with a non dished wheel in the future.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 5:33 AM
Some updates, just no pictures at the moment.

I had registered for the half mile event I did last year and won my class. Week before the event I was going over the car getting it ready. Found the brake were toast. This lead to a brake upgrade. Car now has a set of Baer track pack brakes that were made for the jbody's. 2 piece rotor's with aluminium hats. They are big, but actually weight less than stock.

At the half mile my best MPH was the exact MPH from last year. 124.4460. I came in second this year. A Saturn Redline won, it was a turbo LSJ. I had a great time and the car did great.

After the event I upgraded to 80lb injectors (was on 60's). I was seeing 102-113% duty cycle on a E47 mix. Now with the 80's and full E85 seeing around 80% duty cycle and the car runs much smoother.

Planning a last track day of the year day after thanksgiving. Hopefully get a good test of the brakes, and tires. After this in December we will be tearing the car apart. Motor will come out to make room for built motor, and suspension freshening. Car has 162k. all ball joints, bushings are original.

I will get some pictures up in a few days.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 6:41 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:At the half mile my best MPH was the exact MPH from last year. 124.4460. I came in second this year. A Saturn Redline won, it was a turbo LSJ. I had a great time and the car did great.

Nice job! Consistency is great news. Not much you could do about a turbo LSJ unfortunately..

What injector constant do you use for 80s?

"In Oldskool we trust"

Sunday, November 11, 2018 5:19 PM
Great to see LD9 powered Cavaliers still out doing their thing, after 10 years I'm finally getting around to working on mine 2000 Z24 this winter and hope to have it up and running by next summer. What engine are you building now and what whp are you expecting?
Saturday, November 17, 2018 6:54 AM
Dale Young wrote:Great to see LD9 powered Cavaliers still out doing their thing, after 10 years I'm finally getting around to working on mine 2000 Z24 this winter and hope to have it up and running by next summer. What engine are you building now and what whp are you expecting?

I have a built LD9 on the stand. With built motor and current charger setup looking for around 270whp. End goal is to break 300whp with a TVS.

FU Tuning

Saturday, November 17, 2018 7:00 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Addicted to meth wrote:At the half mile my best MPH was the exact MPH from last year. 124.4460. I came in second this year. A Saturn Redline won, it was a turbo LSJ. I had a great time and the car did great.

Nice job! Consistency is great news. Not much you could do about a turbo LSJ unfortunately..

What injector constant do you use for 80s?

.11942. Keep in mind my OS started off the GM reflash.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 25, 2018 3:48 PM
So had the track day this past Friday. We had some small issues, but was able to work through them and have a great day of tracking. My Dad and I both ran personal best times. Was able to make some suspension adjustments and get the car handling really great!!! As I finished my best lap of the day (131.4) I lost the brakes, from boiling the brake fluid. So next year the fluid will get updated to SRF. I'm working on a couple video's from the track day and will post them once they are ready.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:13 PM
Here is a quick clip from Friday. I tried to push the car and myself way too quickly.

John offroad experience

FU Tuning

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 6:54 PM
Here is my best 2 laps of the day, and PB period. I found the limits of the brake fluid at the end.

John PB Laps

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search