my $10 suspension upgrade - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
my $10 suspension upgrade
Saturday, November 25, 2006 9:09 PM
as the title states... my $10 suspension upgrade

My somewhat ghetto-rigged ECM.

This is the only thing I really need to fix.

I think I may go back to the yard and grab the cruise bracket. Does anyone know if it will fit for my cruise and if the cruise will be ok above the exhaust? I think the bar came of a 99 but im not too sure.

Questions, comments, criticism, it's all good.

-Seth

Re: my $10 suspension upgrade
Saturday, November 25, 2006 9:39 PM
Damn that's a good deal.

Saturday, November 25, 2006 10:30 PM
Damn bitch. how the hell can y ou not have snow yet. you live 3 hrs away and ive got a foot already. but. you know how i feel about that bar. your lucky i left it for ya. how does it fit??

Sunday, November 26, 2006 8:52 AM
i dont have any snow.. yesterday it was a high of 15* celcius!... and i live outside toronto! hahah sucker

15.1@90.34mph
Sunday, November 26, 2006 9:00 AM
i am sorry i know you have added stuff but i dont know what
Sunday, November 26, 2006 9:15 AM
^GM Strut Bar that came on older convertible cavaliers

I am looking at picking one of these up. How do you like it and can you tell a difference? Keep us updated on what you decide to do with the cruise/ECM.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 9:59 AM
I've got one on my Cav. it's one of the bars with the single firewall mounting hole. I finally got it bolted to the firewall about 3 weeks ago, and it certainly made a huge difference in the car's handling. I love it.

if you don't have it bolted yet, get it done soon. you'll love it. and it takes all of about 10 minutes to do.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Sunday, November 26, 2006 10:09 AM
^^ interesting.. i have the same one bolt firewall mount and was wondering if it would make much of a difference.. got me curious on doing it now man.

Sunday, November 26, 2006 12:47 PM
Atk2008 wrote:^GM Strut Bar that came on older convertible cavaliers

I am looking at picking one of these up. How do you like it and can you tell a difference? Keep us updated on what you decide to do with the cruise/ECM.
I haven't been able to really test it out but I can tell that something is different just from what I have been able to do.
I think I might go pick up that cruise bracket thats still in the yard. Either that or I'll just drill another hole in the bracket it's on now. I also want to try and get something rigged for the ecm so it isn't ziptied on.

FReQ Z wrote:I've got one on my Cav. it's one of the bars with the single firewall mounting hole. I finally got it bolted to the firewall about 3 weeks ago, and it certainly made a huge difference in the car's handling. I love it.

if you don't have it bolted yet, get it done soon. you'll love it. and it takes all of about 10 minutes to do.
Ya, mine isn't bolted yet. I wouldn't think it would make that much of a difference but i'll have to get it bolted on. How did you do yours?? Josh was saying to remove the shroud by the wipers and then back there should be where the nut goes. Is that right?

-Seth

Sunday, November 26, 2006 1:38 PM
i had one on my old cavy and one on my new cavy. it made a nice difference in my old car even with stock struts i can only imagine how my new ones gonna handle with the d-specs...

----------
i keep it gully like im havin a old friend for lunch
Sunday, November 26, 2006 3:17 PM
I put the bar on but didn't bolt it down, and used a scribe to mark the location for the bolt mounting hole. I used a bolt and washer on the engine side, and a nut that has a "built in" lock washer on it on the interior side of the firewall. I used a step bit to drill the hole. I put the bar back on, pulled up 4 retainers, pulled up the shroud a bit (I didn't remove it completely), put the bolt in and tightened it down. I then put the strut tower nuts back on.
to me, it definitely felt like it took some body roll out of the front of the car, and it improved steering response.

Desert Tuners

Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:27 PM
ive got the two bolt one.....is it better than the one bolt one lol..

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:34 PM
that I'm not sure of. I'd like to get a two mount bar to see.

Desert Tuners

Monday, November 27, 2006 7:29 AM
on what cavs do you find this part i would not mind adding one to my car seems like some thing easy to do. What years do i look for to get the strutbar?
Monday, November 27, 2006 8:14 AM
it's on the 3rd gen convertibles.

Desert Tuners

Monday, November 27, 2006 8:54 AM
i have one on my car, also in the group that hasn't bolted it to the firewall yet. maybe i should get on that one of these days. i have a 2-bolt one for the amazing price of FREE! i got lucky. at school we were scrappin a 95 vert and i was told to pull the drivetrain. i got the strut bar and sway bar for free along with a box of misc bolts lol

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 7:26 AM
sweet thanks man.....WOOHOO box of bolts are allways good to have
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search