Holiday pics - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Holiday pics
Monday, December 31, 2007 12:01 AM
I went out on Christmas morning and took a few pics with my new camera gear.

Re: Holiday pics
Monday, December 31, 2007 12:11 AM
car looks good man, best years for the cavs imo

maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow....... but some day
Monday, December 31, 2007 12:27 AM
rofl @ big, random blocks of stone.

got any plans for it?

coming back in 2008...
Monday, December 31, 2007 5:58 AM
It is not a z24.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, December 31, 2007 6:31 AM
Wade Jarvis wrote:It is not a z24.

Im guessing by the looks of the pics that he is in Canada where yes, it would be a Z24.
Monday, December 31, 2007 6:37 AM
no wade, its a 'real' z24.

Monday, December 31, 2007 7:19 AM
Wade Jarvis wrote:It is not a z24.

yeah newb ...In Canada they still had Z's for a couple years

Monday, December 31, 2007 7:30 AM
I don't care what the canadians call it. It is not a z24. z24's never came with an ecocrap moter or the fugly 03+ headlights and bumpers.

To the OP props on the clean looking car despite the winter mess. Keeping a clean car in the winter can be a full time job.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Monday, December 31, 2007 7:32 AM

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, December 31, 2007 9:22 AM
stock gt wrote:car looks good man, best years for the cavs imo

Are you on drugs? 2002 is the best year for cavys for sure!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2898349

Monday, December 31, 2007 9:31 AM
^^ X2. The 2002 cavys were the best. And yes, its a real z24. Im pretty sure his insurance company will agree. Its like the 4 door 2003-2005 sunfire here in canada.
Monday, December 31, 2007 9:36 AM
Wade Jarvis wrote:I don't care what the canadians call it. It is not a z24. z24's never came with an ecocrap moter or the fugly 03+ headlights and bumpers.

To the OP props on the clean looking car despite the winter mess. Keeping a clean car in the winter can be a full time job.

Its just like the none-Supercharged SS Cobalts, they arent called SS anymore tho. But nontheless us Canadians didnt have an LS Sport, just kept with Z24.

And the Ecotec is a far superior motor to the 2.4L, why do you think so many people do swaps?

Btw, have fun in 2 years when theres no more aftermarket support for the 2.4

Monday, December 31, 2007 9:47 AM
Quote:

Agreed.

To the OP, my car is in a GARAGE and its not even that clean. Well done.
Monday, December 31, 2007 10:48 AM
nice clean pictures!!! it's been hard to keep a clean car in edmonton this winter
Monday, December 31, 2007 10:56 AM
hatch wrote:And the Ecotec is a far superior motor to the 2.4L, why do you think so many people do swaps?

...... where do you get your drugs?

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Monday, December 31, 2007 11:05 AM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:
hatch wrote:And the Ecotec is a far superior motor to the 2.4L, why do you think so many people do swaps?

...... where do you get your drugs?

Canada.

Monday, December 31, 2007 11:08 AM
arnt the ecos like the same hp as 2.4 just more trp?
Monday, December 31, 2007 11:18 AM
I was talking more in aftermarket potential for now and in a few years.

As the Ecos are still in the majority of GM small cars and are still having many new aftermarket parts produced for it.

Where as the 2.4L is extinct as far as new cars, hell the last time it was in a cav was 6 years ago. Thats a pretty long time if you ask me, especially for a car that wont even be remembered in the next 10 years anyways. Except for the hardcore enthusiests.

Monday, December 31, 2007 11:35 AM
-Murph- wrote:arnt the ecos like the same hp as 2.4 just more trp?

no the 2.4 has 150hp 155 tq the eco has 140hp and 150 tq i believe.. regardless the LD9 will always be the better engine IMO...

anyways nice clean car my friend i really like that color...

----------
i who have nothing but the comfort of my sins...
Monday, December 31, 2007 2:56 PM
LOL, thanks tabs, the random blocks of stone in the middle of the city is the whole reason why I was taking a picture of it, because it entertains me! There is actually a little tree that is supposed to be growing out of the top of that rock, but I think it died from exposure.

I do have a few plans for this car. Tinting the windows and a bit of a drop in the spring. I'm thinking Eibach Sportlines and Koni yellows, but an adjustable strut to give me some height back during the winter would be good too. KYB AGX maybe? I'm still thinking about it.

I'm not too sure what I will do after that. It depends what my summer ride is going to cost me this year, and if there is any money left I might look to a Hahn Stage II setup, and I definitely want to get some discs in the rear. I'll just have to wait and see.

As for the rest of the comments, yes it is a Z24 and no I did not just put those badges on there. Yes, the insurance company did ask, and yes I do pay more for the damn thing even though it has the same horsepower as a 4-door and that makes me mad.

I'm glad you all think it looks clean, lol. I was afraid I was going to get bashed for it being dirty (cuz it is), I just tried to angle the shots so that you can't really tell. The car stays in a garage every night, but it sees the highway every day so it is really hard to keep it clean. I really hate the way this car collects the snow from the back tires up behind the rear bumper.
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 2:57 PM
slick02eco wrote:
stock gt wrote:car looks good man, best years for the cavs imo

x eleventybillion

-Mark
2002 Cavalier LS

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 3:12 PM
I KNEW when I saw that it was a Canadia Cav that someone would have to say "that's not a Z24!"

It wouldn't be the JBO without it!

I miss her^

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 4:01 PM
LD9 FTW!

Tuesday, January 01, 2008 4:13 PM
those are some nice pics there!
love the arrival blue, makes me think just a little bit about getting another cav when the time comes
what kind of camera did you get?

large text used to emphasize the topic of the thread and to get it back on track. any digression from said topic should be put in the proper thread and forum. thanks for making jbo the place that it is

Friday, January 04, 2008 12:00 AM
Thanks!

The camera I bought is a Nikon D40 (digital SLR), which I complemented with a couple of lenses (18-55mm and a 70-300mm), and a couple of fat memory cards so that I can take lots of pics. Now I just need to find the time to take some pictures!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search