New Look - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Look
Sunday, March 04, 2012 11:22 AM
Made a trip up to the U-Wrench-it in Virginia beach yesterday. Was lucky enough to find what i was looking for and a few extra goodies haha.

The 95-99 z24 bumper i wanted

some z skirts

rear bumper with a (lss?) lip

and a new spoiler

Re: New Look
Sunday, March 04, 2012 12:26 PM
Are you keeping the 01 headlights and putting the 99 bumper on? I like that!
Sunday, March 04, 2012 2:26 PM
I always wanted a 03-05 LSS rear bumper.. its a molded lip. Best OEM bumper for all 3rd gens IMO

Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:08 PM
No the front end has been swapped to the older style already. Personally I like it better. The 03-05 lip was molded to the bumper? That's pretty cool.
Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:08 PM
FROGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGZ!!!!!! lol

2010 Lonestar Bash 2nd place J-Body Street Class
2011 texas heatwave 2nd place american compact street class
Monday, March 05, 2012 7:37 AM
Frogs?

Monday, March 05, 2012 9:06 AM
Josh Watson wrote:Frogs?
yes frogs, first pic has frogs in it

Monday, March 05, 2012 9:24 AM
The spitters my new hood ornament and the umbrella holder is my new antenna base. Lol
Monday, March 05, 2012 10:06 PM
Kal wrote:The spitters my new hood ornament and the umbrella holder is my new antenna base. Lol
bahahahahah nice!

Monday, March 05, 2012 10:08 PM
Josh Watson wrote:I always wanted a 03-05 LSS rear bumper.. its a molded lip. Best OEM bumper for all 3rd gens IMO

Not sure if you're blind or talking about something other than what he has pictured, but that's an 00-02 LSS rear lip/bumper. Not the molded 03+

Nice snags man, I am definitely not a fan of the 95-99 front ends, but will be interesting to see when you're done.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:08 AM
I think he was just voicing his opinion of what he thinks looks best haha. And thanks I don't think I've seen anyone with the 95-99 z front bumper and an lss lip on the rear. Not saying i would be the first just that i haven't seen it. As soon as i finish the body that needs to be done it will be getting painted hot rod flatz satin black. Then tinted windows and my rims powdercoated.

Monday, June 25, 2012 11:13 AM
progress started out pretty good with the body work. got the finished driver side fender, doors, and roof done. started on the quarter panels but pretty much hit a wall there. waiting on my dads help. gotta use his stud puller to get some dents out from a tree top last year during hurricane irene. have had the bumpers and skirts on.

Monday, June 25, 2012 11:17 AM
Nice, what color you plan on painting it?

Monday, June 25, 2012 11:24 AM
satin black with some lime green pinstripe flames. havent decided yet exactly what style im going with for the flames. but it will be just an outline design.
Monday, June 25, 2012 11:30 AM
^^^^ Do gloss black, and make the lime green a metallic, do the rims satin black, and it would look tits.

Monday, June 25, 2012 11:32 AM
^ gloss black would look better. Satin/flat is hard to pull off on low end cars like ours, lol, makes em look like trashy primer. Lol.

Monday, June 25, 2012 11:50 AM
ive actually been up in the air between satin and gloss haha. i agree its hard to do satin/flat on these cars. ive heard its hard to keep satin clean especially oil from peoples hands where they touch it. if i go gloss i want it to have that greenish tinge. iirc its just spraying a green pearl over the black. im not sure if 1 shot sells metallic colors. i'll look into it see what it looks like if they do.
Monday, June 25, 2012 11:51 AM
oh and the rims might be getting powdercoated later on this year.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 12:23 PM
So after talking it over with my dad some more seems i will be going gloss black with green pearl. Think i'll stick with the emerald green though (not lime sorry).

My first go at pinstriping a couple of months ago.
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 3:26 PM
Nice choice on the gloss with pearl. That should be real nice!

Friday, June 29, 2012 8:15 PM
The taillight filler panels caught me off guard lol going back over the pic I can see its not a 03+ LSS bumper.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search