Spring or coilovers - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Spring or coilovers
Thursday, December 16, 2004 5:37 PM
Just want to know what has better "Handleing" coli overs or springs.

I guess it would depend on what makes but just on average. for example Skunk2 coilovers vs. eibach sportline springs.........and are the sprortlines better or worse then the pro kits?

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it

Re: Spring or coilovers
Thursday, December 16, 2004 6:31 PM
Do some reading in the suspension forum.

No matter what, the handling is going to depend on more than just your spring solution. The dampers play a huge roll here.

And Skunk2 coilovers are complete garbage and not designed for our cars. If that's your frame of reference, then the Sportlines are far and away the better choice.

Of course, a proper set of coilovers will handle exactly the way you want them to.

Go do some reading.
<br>

Thursday, December 16, 2004 8:43 PM
yea the skunk2 coil overs are on my buddys integra the sportlines are on mine....

I have one true love in my life...And my girlfriend sits next to me in it
Sunday, April 24, 2005 12:16 PM
coilovers
Sunday, April 24, 2005 12:53 PM
i have sportlines nad i like how they handle. also helps if you have good shock to go along with them. like konis

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 8:33 AM
For all around springs are best. Coil over are good or road coarse. Springs are less hassel than coil overs.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Tuesday, April 26, 2005 8:55 AM
coil overs are a more harsh ride unless you got an aftermarket strut to go with them.
Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:24 AM
BRETT BASHAM wrote:coil overs are a more harsh ride unless you got an aftermarket strut to go with them.

Coilovers are a more harsh ride no matter what strut you put with them. Dampers control bounce, not harshness. Harshness is more dependant on the spring rates. Spring rates and travel will determine how much of the impacts are absorbed by the spring and how much is transferred to the body of the car (and it's occupants). Dampers control how much the springs rebound and bouce after that impact.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search