Wet Sanding!? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wet Sanding!?
Friday, May 13, 2005 10:02 PM
ummm, not to sound like a total newb (which i kind of am, lol), but what is wet sanding? i've searched and only found people who talked about doing it, not defining what it is... all i know is that it can be used during the final stages... before painting of course...

can anyone tell me what wet sanding is!? please!?

Re: Wet Sanding!?
Friday, May 13, 2005 10:34 PM
Wet sanding is using sand paper that can be used for wet or dry applications...duh! Anyways, you dip the paper in water, then sand. Also, wet sand paper is finer then just dry (like 500--or more I think) and is used for sanding the clear coat to remove any scratches, as an example, because it will not burn through the clear coat as easily. Hope that helped.

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Friday, May 13, 2005 11:23 PM
ok....wet sanding is usually after you have painted your color down, and some people even wet sand their primer, but after you let your paint dry, you go at it with a very very fine sand paper, you get a bottle with soapy water in it, you spray some soap and water on where u are sanding, and u sand, but be very careful. what this does, is after you get done painting something, there are tiny high/low spots, it will kinda look like an orange peel, and when u sand it, it will flatten it all out to one equal layer. then u spray your clear coat on it. sam, i dont know what the heck u are talking about....but...o well
Friday, May 13, 2005 11:41 PM
That's basically what I said....unless I confused myself, in which case that is what I ment to say. Sorry for the confusion.

Sam

Ban low-performance cars, not high-performance ones.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search