how to launch manual - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how to launch manual
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 6:08 AM
im very new to the manual scene. ive learned how to drive very well and its fun. how do you launch a manual though? i have a few guesses but dont wanna try them and screw somthing up. thanks.

Re: how to launch manual
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 6:20 AM
Push the gas pedal down until you start bouncing off the rev limiter, then let the clutch up and watch the smoke fly.

No, seriously, probably start by revving to about 3k rpm and then adjust things from there depending on if you spin or bog.

Rob

Sold 2/2/05
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 1:28 PM
so all u do is have it in 1st with clutch down and rev to w/e u feel necessary then let clutch out? now do you let clutch out fast or slow?
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 2:40 PM
well, in a perfect launch, you obviously want the most power getting from the wheels to the road. however, if they start to spin, or burn out, youll lose traction. "ride" the clutch, keeping it right at the point where your wheels are just about to lose grip and start spinning. youll learn to feel this eventually. its like hitting the brakes ALMOST hard enough to start skidding.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:58 PM
They are right, its called dumping the clutch. Just be ready to shift quick, you'll have to leave 1st before you know it and i've seen people waste alot of time on that first shift wich will ruin the entire launch. Does'nt take long to get the hang of it. But if you don't want to be smoking your tires off wasting time taking off, learn what rpm's are best for launching in your car with the least amount off useless smoke and noise. Well i hope that helped a little, Good luck and have fun.

((I don't have a lead-foot, But i wear steel-toes.))
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search