so whats next!! A few questions - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
so whats next!! A few questions
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 8:40 PM
wow its been forever since i posted. So my question is what next as with performance upgrades. I have not had a chance to work on my car(actually i got banned from working on it by my mom and my bf after i flipped out and punched the guy, whos tire fell off his car and hit mine. And he started it........how you gonna say its not your fault.....grrr but anyway) and yes the navy is making me go to anger management ^^. but anyway i know there are headers and stuff, but what I really wanna know is what order does it go in? I mean do headers come first or is there a bunch of things I need to look into first? Im not trying to use nitrous as I need to really read into that. Can anyone recommend some parts? Also as far as a muffler, if i were to put my stock back on would anything serious happen to my car. I know I will lose some performance, but I mean cops...oy. Some guy reccomened a silencer and I have one on(sounds gross). Another guy at my job says i should get a resonator(honda people go figure ). What kind of tool sets do you guys use. I like to buy a set of my own. hmmm I ask more questions but I think my supervisor is coming back so I have to hurry up and log lol. lata guys lol.

Rice you say? Last time I check rice was a type of food. Not a car.

Re: so whats next!! A few questions
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 9:00 PM
There is no order for performance, but most people start with an intake, exhaust, header, and basic bolt-ons like that. You can start anywhere though. Build the motor: p&p, valve job, cams, pistons, and all the internal stuff. Or if you want forced induction, you can do that, and add bolt-ons to it, then do motor work.

It all depends on how much you want to spend though. If you want to spend less than a $1000, stick with bolt-ons. If you want to put a few thousand in the motor, then go FI or all motor.

Its really all your choice of what you want to do.
Wednesday, May 25, 2005 9:13 PM
yeah, most start with intake and a crappy muffler and call that full exhaust system.
i started with suspension. koni reds, sprotlines, and strut tower bars front and back

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 6:23 PM
thanx guys for responding mmmm ok whats is FI you talking to a complete newb here lol

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 6:44 PM
oh yea can anyone point me in the direction of the how to change your air intake filter thingy or can it be washed or something? thanx guys

Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:07 PM
FI = Forced Induction. Turbos, supers, that sort of thing.

Factory air filter must be replaced, but it's easy to do. You will actually save money in the long run by dropping the cash on a K&N drop in, or even a warm air, or cold air intake. To replace the factory air filter you go to the airbox- (I 'm not trying to talk down to you, so forgive me if you already know some of the stuff I'm about to lay down here)- that's the big black box at the end of the black tube coming out of the top of the engine. Just take the screws out of that, and lift....voila! The airfilter will lift right out, and you just drop the new one in. (Hence the term "drop-in filter"). The reason I say you'll save money by going K&N is that those CAN be washed and re-used.

As for mods- depends on what you want to do first. Are you looking for cornering response, or straight-line acceleration? Or do you just want to do show before go? Like these other guys said- the order is all up to you. With bolt-ons it doesn't really matter a whole lot what order you do them in, some people have preferences, but they're just that- preferences.

So just kiss your paychecks and your ever-living soul goodbye, and have fun!

I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box, but at least I'm a pretty color
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search