Rough Idle - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rough Idle
Saturday, May 28, 2005 6:16 PM
Just recently got my 02 fire like 3 months ago, since i got it i just felt the car shake a little bit like ever 3 secs. now it's starting to do it more a little frequently, kinda like a cell phone vibrating but less intense. The rpms pretty much stay where they are though, but was wondering if anyone might know the cause of this, would really appreciate it. thanks

Re: Rough Idle
Saturday, May 28, 2005 10:17 PM
bad spark plugs would be the problem. if it is a 2.4 replace the boots and if it is not, replace the wires also and it will help.
Monday, May 30, 2005 2:02 PM
i have the same problem and now that you mentioned it ill change the boot thank i put about 58000 on those plugs too now i buy the oringinals plugs since it what iv beed hearring and changing the fuel filter might help same 58000 plus i dont know if its been changed i did the plugs last and looked oringinal
Nick
Monday, May 30, 2005 10:10 PM
change your plug and wires and you should be ok one is probably burned up and isnt firing right.
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 8:04 AM
Hey saw that you have a 2.2. Not to second guess that you know to look under the hood right but i know some of the later models had the ecos in them. If it did there was a recall to get a reflash to fix the exact problem your having. It happened to my 03 cav, got the reflash, and runs fine now.

Rich
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 9:07 AM
They are right replace your wires. That's what I had to do for my car and It is just fine now
Tuesday, May 31, 2005 10:21 AM
what was the recall about?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search