JBO has tons of wrong info-becareful and research - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
JBO has tons of wrong info-becareful and research
Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:41 PM
It seems like lately, more then ever before, I see false information being posted up. The whole point of this website is spread information, help others, get help when you need it, ect... and it doesn't work that way. How can help when you have no idea what your talking about???

heres a thread where someone is asking about the benefit of lightweight wheels, someone posts up info bragging about there wheels and tires mounted and balanced and inflated weighing in at a total of 12 lbs per corner......
example 1

Heres another, someone attempt to sound smart by correcting wording to use the technical name rather then the abbreviated name and goes on talking about how suspension works when they are completely wrong......
Example 2

I got up early today, worked a full day, spend some time with the girlfriend, went out to a movie had some dinner, spent a little bit of time on JBO and already today alone I found both those examples.

The point of this post is simple..... anyone looking for info, take what you get on here with a grain of salt. Unless its a reputable member you KNOW has some knowledge always attempt to verify whatever you are told, don't just assume its truth...... I've seen incorrect install instructions, incorrect torque specs, "facts" based off opinions, some are just simply bad wording or miss typing numbers, ect...

You've been warned..... RESEARCH till you find your answer and then RESEARCH your answer.

mods - I hope this is not considered inappropriate

edit- grammar and spell check

Re: JBO has tons of wrong info-becareful and research
Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:53 PM
i see this too a lot. i would just say go into such threads and post the correct info.
a lot of people had said Adam aka NJHK gave out wrong info all the time but nobody seemed to correct him.

point is, if you see wrong info on here and you know its wrong and can prove its wrong. then go post the right info

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JBO has tons of wrong info-becareful and resea
Saturday, September 09, 2006 8:58 PM
I must admit, lately there has been a lot of misleading and its been tough to find the correct info. Now it may just be my memory fading away because of my medication for my epilepsy but I find myself having to ask more questions, and when I worry about the info I'm going to be getting, it troubles me, lol. But when I try to help by giving advice or whatever, I make sure to say "i'm no expert" or "i'm not 100% sure, you should wait for some more responses" just because if something should go wrong with the persons car, I don't exactly want to be held responsible. That may just be me but thats the way I see things. And as far as researching goes, it should be common sense to do so, but as the saying goes "Common sense is not so common." Enough of me rambling on, i'll let someone else post now.....

Re: JBO has tons of wrong info-becareful and resea
Saturday, September 09, 2006 9:05 PM
u cant listen to one person.....have to get many opinions

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 3:43 PM
99redz24 wrote:i see this too a lot. i would just say go into such threads and post the correct info.
a lot of people had said Adam aka NJHK gave out wrong info all the time but nobody seemed to correct him.

point is, if you see wrong info on here and you know its wrong and can prove its wrong. then go post the right info

See here.

>>>For Sale? Clicky!<<<
-----The orginal Mr.Goodwrench on the JBO since 11/99-----

Friday, September 29, 2006 8:41 PM
When he says research, the key part of that being 'search' lol... I honestly gave up reading threads about questions I have answered several times in the past. It just gets to a point that you just stop caring. I don't know how Event has lasted as long as he did, I'm worn out already

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Saturday, October 21, 2006 6:24 PM
Dave Dunsmoor wrote:When he says research, the key part of that being 'search' lol... I honestly gave up reading threads about questions I have answered several times in the past. It just gets to a point that you just stop caring. I don't know how Event has lasted as long as he did, I'm worn out already
I feel the same sometimes. Really respect the guys who have kept their patience as long as they have. Many times I'll post an answer in a thread, then ignore it if it gets more posts, just lost the energy to answer the same questions a million times... See example two for instance.

Monday, November 06, 2006 9:02 PM
You really have to do your own research. I know of one major case on here where my find a gm technician found out about some parts that are swapable from two diffrent cars to boost his eco. The responses he got on here from "respected" memebers was you are wrong! and It cant be done. Even after posting pictures that almost proved it was correct he still got it won't work. Now hsi car is running and beautifully I dont think anyone on here once has apologized or even congradulated (sp).

In short do your own research ask the right people if you have to ask and by this I mean people that have done the exact thing you are doing or people that are able to do physical research for you such as a GM technician. Do not ask the person that has not done it or cannot do diffrent research than you because theirs is just an opinion it may be a semi - informed opinion but still an opinion not fact. To often on this site opinions are represented as facts.

Good luck to you all!

(Insert really cool picture of my car with some catchy name or slogan here)
Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:17 AM
i think you should be able to rely on people here rather than having to do your own research, if you have to do it all yourself what's the point in even coming here for help at all. Yeah you could come here for advice big deal anyone can give you that.
Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:41 AM
Niteowl wrote:i think you should be able to rely on people here rather than having to do your own research, if you have to do it all yourself what's the point in even coming here for help at all. Yeah you could come here for advice big deal anyone can give you that.
Yes you should be able to rely on people here. Unfortunately that is not the case and people keep getting fed wrong information. If you do a search you will normally get the answers you are looking for. There are very few things that have not been answered on this site.

Friday, July 04, 2008 8:29 PM
Niteowl wrote:i think you should be able to rely on people here rather than having to do your own research, if you have to do it all yourself what's the point in even coming here for help at all. Yeah you could come here for advice big deal anyone can give you that.

By searching through the previous threads for answers to questions you have you are indeed relying on others. Other people have asked those questions and the answers are recorded here on this forum for us to view. The search function is a beautiful thing.

==============================================================

Yes, noob, the search button is for you...

Thursday, September 17, 2009 4:35 PM
honestly ,i think even if you get the an swer you are looking for, you should still research it more...the only stupid person is the one that thinks they know everything.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search