2.2L RWD conversion - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2L RWD conversion
Friday, April 08, 2011 8:20 AM
I'm wanting to do the RWD conversion in my 95 Cavalier I found a 2WD S-10 with a 2.2L motor the questions i have are, is that the same 2.2L that they use for my cavalier and if anyone knows of a better option for a 4cyl RWD conversion option for my car. I know this is a huge project to undertake and that its gonna be costly and all but i just cant shake the idea of how bad ass a RWD cavalier would be tearing down the back roads of Montana lol

Re: 2.2L RWD conversion
Friday, April 08, 2011 8:33 AM
Yea, it's the same 2.2L assuming the years are similar. 95-98ish 2.2L or 99ish-02 2200, there were small changes between those two.

Saturday, April 09, 2011 9:37 AM
Tyler Tinsen wrote:i just cant shake the idea of how bad ass a RWD cavalier would be tearing down the back roads of Montana lol

Not badass at all. The car would have rougly 80 hp to the rear wheels.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, April 11, 2011 12:07 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
Tyler Tinsen wrote:i just cant shake the idea of how bad ass a RWD cavalier would be tearing down the back roads of Montana lol

Not badass at all. The car would have rougly 80 hp to the rear wheels.

x2

If you are going to go through all that work, why not swap an engine that makes real power.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Monday, April 11, 2011 12:17 PM
well at least he posted in the right section

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Sunday, July 03, 2011 5:01 AM
i was wanting to do the same to my 99 z24...i was thinking bout putting a 4.3 from a 96 blazer till i can get a different motor...but is it possible to take the whole inside of the car (seats, carpet, ect.) and cut a channel to put tunnel in for the tranny? im just tryin to get ideas...i have the motor trany and what not...and i know ill need more than that...just wondering if its even possible to try it this way?
Sunday, July 03, 2011 3:33 PM
with enough money and welding, anything's possible. not necessarily worth the effort, by any stretch of the imagination, but possible? certainly.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, November 25, 2012 5:47 PM
This is a interesting topic,

I just finished getting project HELL FIRE running just need body work and 1 last thing,

2000 Grand Am ram air body full front clip
Grand am front brakes, hubs, control arms
Rear IRS conversion (done right) other guys set ups are not strong at all mine is
GTZ HO 2.3 5speed
OBD1 harness head to tail light
Cobolt lnf exhaust and fuel pump with a regulator
impala heavy duty bearings all round
GTP bbs style rims
list go's on

I sold the lnf engine so that never happened sorry if any one wanted to see that.

A*ADVERTISING REMOVED*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:34 PM
Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:49 PM
I'll be posting pics of the car in the following day's

So every one can see what car looks like now and during the creation of the AWD set up
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search