RWD - Page 2 - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: RWD
Sunday, July 13, 2008 8:28 AM
[quote=BoltZ DesignZ™]I can switch mine from FWD to RWD anytime I want. thats what the R on the shifter means Rear wheel drive. just gotta look over your shoulder though.

That is PURE GOLD man ROFL hahahah love it.

Sunday, July 13, 2008 10:07 AM
[quote=BoltZ DesignZ™]I can switch mine from FWD to RWD anytime I want. thats what the R on the shifter means Rear wheel drive. just gotta look over your shoulder though.
lol i thought the r was for race mode O.o

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 7:58 AM
FReQ Z (ikE-Zed) wrote:
EVOFire (DesertTuners) wrote:Jarett, I thought yours was a rear engine AWD? and i wrong?

actually, I'm working on an adjustable engine rail/driveshaft system. the engine and trans will actually move through the car from front to back for optimum weight distribution. it's pretty slick.

I did something like that last summer. It was actually a hybrid setup, the engine generated electricity and fed it to electric wheel-hub motors. The hardest part about it was making the gas tank accessible (I put it on the rails with the motor).

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:01 AM
Mike wrote:ok i dont know much about this swap but isnt an s10 almost the samething as a Cavi cant this be used to convert the cav, I mean when I look at a lot of things on the s10 (engine bay) it almost looks like im staring into a J

You'd have to pull the body of a J and put it on the S10 chassis.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:43 PM
I'm not into NHRA, but aren't those cars fiberglass shells on a frame??

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 2:45 PM
twiztidhybrid wrote:I'm not into NHRA, but aren't those cars fiberglass shells on a frame??

yeah

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:40 PM
Thats what I thought.
So to the O/P: have you seen any other J's with it? seems like a $h!t load of work with possible loss of structural integrity, although they do have the wierd tunnel thats like a drivetrain tunnel.

Monday, July 28, 2008 12:46 PM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:gravana tuning makes a direct bolt in kit to make the car rwd.

i went to the website and didnt find anything
Monday, July 28, 2008 1:00 PM
demaude prescott wrote:
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:gravana tuning makes a direct bolt in kit to make the car rwd.

its a joke dude

Monday, July 28, 2008 1:14 PM
99redz24 wrote:
demaude prescott wrote:

its a joke dude

ok well ''dude'' im not joking around about doing this to my car.....not trying to start anything but im just really looking to find how to do this so i look at all suggestions
Monday, July 28, 2008 1:22 PM
you are not going to find a how-to on how to do this. its impossible for someone to write down every single step on how to do this from wiring the engine, to making custom mounts, to making a tubed frame, etc... its too much work to do. if your serious about doing this, do your own research on rwd vehicles, find what you need and go to town. ill put 100 bucks up right now that you wont get past research. if your asking for a how-to on this, your already in the hole.

Monday, July 28, 2008 1:39 PM
well Dude, in your other thread you said you found some guys that have done it. go ask them for tips/write up/ guide because nobody that posts on here has done it. the people that have done this are people with a lot of money like high dollar NHRA race teams. even those are not real jbodys. just fiberglass shells

Monday, July 28, 2008 4:04 PM
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:you are not going to find a how-to on how to do this. its impossible for someone to write down every single step on how to do this from wiring the engine, to making custom mounts, to making a tubed frame, etc... its too much work to do. if your serious about doing this, do your own research on rwd vehicles, find what you need and go to town. ill put 100 bucks up right now that you wont get past research. if your asking for a how-to on this, your already in the hole.

ok well put up your money cause ill take the bet. thats all i do is research. how do you think i found this site.
Monday, July 28, 2008 4:21 PM
a simple search on google?

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:49 AM
demaude prescott wrote:
Moar Candy! LAWL wrote:you are not going to find a how-to on how to do this. its impossible for someone to write down every single step on how to do this from wiring the engine, to making custom mounts, to making a tubed frame, etc... its too much work to do. if your serious about doing this, do your own research on rwd vehicles, find what you need and go to town. ill put 100 bucks up right now that you wont get past research. if your asking for a how-to on this, your already in the hole.

ok well put up your money cause ill take the bet. thats all i do is research. how do you think i found this site.

lol you cant even research now, your asking other people for help.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:39 AM

JGM T-SHIRTS!!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008 12:27 PM
demaude prescott wrote:

done, I got $500

Sunday, November 25, 2012 6:18 PM
This is a interesting topic,

I just finished getting project HELL FIRE running just need body work and 1 last thing,

2000 Grand Am ram air body full front clip
Grand am front brakes, hubs, control arms
Rear IRS conversion (done right) other guys set ups are not strong at all mine is
GTZ HO 2.3 5speed
OBD1 harness head to tail light
Cobolt lnf exhaust and fuel pump with a regulator
impala heavy duty bearings all round
GTP bbs style rims
list go's on

I sold the lnf engine so that never happened sorry if any one wanted to see that.

*ADVERTISING REMOVED*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:36 PM
Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:51 PM
I'll be posting pics of the car in the following day's

So every one can see what car looks like now and during the creation of the AWD set up
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search