2.4 air intake, pipe to tb or to black box on tb? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 air intake, pipe to tb or to black box on tb?
Saturday, February 23, 2013 7:58 PM
I dont really know how to word this question properly but was wondering if there is any (noticeable) benefit to having the air intake pipe ran direct to tb? I tried searching and all I found was what is the best intake and intake manifold threads.

This is my intake(sorry about the dirty engine bay, should of taken pictures after I washed it.)

Is there any difference in going to something like this?

or at least just getting a 90* elbow and a short piece of pipe and connect it to my intake?

The blue pipe was free so I couldnt say no, just had to buy the k&n.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Re: 2.4 air intake, pipe to tb or to black box on tb?
Thursday, February 28, 2013 9:18 AM
Bum
Has anyone tried both before and noticed a difference? reason I was wondering is because most intakes I've had on other cars were direct to tb and I noticed a deep intake growl and the car was a lot more responsive. with the cavalier, there was a little growl/sucking noise and felt like a little more power but nothing really that noticeable.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Re: 2.4 air intake, pipe to tb or to black box on tb?
Monday, March 04, 2013 10:21 AM
the black box youre refering to is an air intake resonator. its designed to restrict and quiet down the air flow noises coming in. its useless. designed to make government noise regualtion cheeseheads happy. remove it and get a full proper intake. your engine will thank you and it wont look half-assed

"Is that your exhaust or is that the sound of someone deflating a cat?"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search