Hello everyone! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hello everyone!
Sunday, October 06, 2013 5:36 PM
Hi everybody, Guess I'm the newest of the newbies here. Seems as this is the authoritative J-Body website. Looks like I might have shown up to the party late though. Just bought a '99 Z24 'vert , 2.4 Twin Cam and A/T , only has 36K original miles. Car needs a couple of things (mainly a new top in the future), but mainly want to go through all maintenance first. Guess my first question is, whats my biggest bang for the buck regarding performance enhancements? Right now, just planning on lowering, CAI, and the usual visual enhancements. Car is very clean, minus the misc cigarette burns from the previous owner...will need an upholstery redo. Should I really get into this car? Or should I just drive it and get out of it what I can? Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Hello everyone!
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:43 PM
z24 topless wrote:Should I really get into this car? Or should I just drive it and get out of it what I can?

Nobody can really answer that for you, that is something you will have to determine on your own. Look into the different performance and tuning options available for cavaliers (this forum has a lot of info on both) and what it costs to do such things, and compare it to the same for other cars that are in your budget. From a personal stand point, I didn't decide to start doing any performance work until I learned more about the platform and sold my '97 for my '05 with the eco.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search