new to jbo have 2 j bodies (both need help) - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new to jbo have 2 j bodies (both need help)
Thursday, November 28, 2013 3:13 PM
just picked up a 97 cavi rs 2.2 auto for my wife, just had rack and pinion installed, installed new water pump, plugs, etc,
car is throwing codes for crankshaft position sensor, camshaft sensor, o2 sensor, and low voltage, lean on bank one, cylinder 1 misfire
car will occasionally backfire through intake, would this be from these sensors or could there be another underlying cause to this?

also have in current possession a 93 sunbird se convertible 2.0 auto,
installed new thermostat, temp needle began to jump up to red for about 3 seconds, then drop all the way down to cold, and stay there for about ten minutes, so I replaced the temp sensor thinking that would fix the problem, but now the temp needle shoot straight up past the red and off the guage, any ideas what could be done about this such as something else may need replaced, or maybe ground wire not connected, or even aftermarket temp guage,

Re: new to jbo have 2 j bodies (both need help)
Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:15 AM
found something when driving the car, saw steam coming from under the hood, so had wife pull over to check it out, coolant was shooting out of a leak I he water pump gasket and making the perfect fountain straight into cylinder 1, plug boot is now trashed and arcing badly, which may explain cylinder one misfire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search