Hello - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hello
Friday, November 15, 2013 4:15 PM
Hi Everyone, my name is Heather aka Mama Heff. I just bought an 02 Pontiac Sunfire. It is a fun little car! I joined this forum to help melearn about enhancing the performance and making it pretty. Right now is my planning stage. I plan on having the work done around February next year.

So here is what I want. I want my car to accelerate quickly and maintain speed. I live in the mountains so I need to be able to take turns safely. I want to be able to shift gears with ease. Right now it is extremely hard to get into first gear.

Now, the appearance. Just remember that I am a girl. Black, hot pink and silver will be the color scheme. For the exterior I want black with silver glitter and hot pink racing stripes. Interior will be mostly black with hot pink and chrome detail. I also want my dash and radio lights to be hot pink.

I will get some pictures up soon and will post more once the project officially starts and throughout. I look forward to all recommendations.

It's very nice to meet all of you!

<3 MamaHeff

Re: Hello
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:52 PM
Hello!

Heather B wrote:I also want my dash and radio lights to be hot pink.

Won't be too hard to do the HVAC bulbs (size #74) look good with LEDs behind them. Although good luck finding them in Pink.
The cluster lights are soldered in so you would need to either re solder new resistors and LEDs to get a different color or you could just get a new gauge face.
And just get a aftermarket HU that has like a color function. My girlfriend enjoys having her HU pink.

Re: Hello
Friday, December 20, 2013 10:05 AM
For performance, it depends on how fast you want it to go, if you just looking for a small quick gain and keeping on a budget. get an ebay air intake, throw the filter that comes with it in the garbage and buy a brand name universal k&n or aem filter. Could also look at exhaust, just a muffler or full header back exhaust, depends on how much you want to spend. It says in your profile you have a 2.4, if so, you can also look for a 00-02 2.4L GM supercharger kit, I believe you will have to look for a used one, check the classified section on this forum. it is a small supercharger but will probably add 40hp or so.

For handling, I have Eibach sportlines and koni struts. If you are lowering the car, make sure you buy lowering struts, Koni, Tokico d specs or KYB AGX's. You could also look at coilovers if you willing to spend more, check classifieds again if you want a good deal on used stuff. I also have dedicated summer and winter tires, in the summer my car handles amazing in corners. although if you get light snow and don't invest in winter tires, id get a good set of all seasons. With the mountains and that, you may also want to look into upgrading the front brakes, I have Hawk pads and Powerslot rotors.

For shifting, with a short throw shifter, I find it easier/quicker to go throw the gears, technically with shorter throw, it requires more "work/effort" to shift but I find the shifter to be more firm and precise and not as flimsy as the stock one. problem is finding one, I think you can still get ones off ebay that are "knock offs" but many claim they still get the job done.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search