newbie. hid problems and blue halogen problem. - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
newbie. hid problems and blue halogen problem.
Friday, May 02, 2014 11:18 PM
Hi everybody im new here. So I have a 2002 sunfire. I installed a bi xenon hid kit. So far only one light will power up. Ive rearranged the wires so the bright indicator goes off but only 1 light burns really dim. I even bought a relay kit and no luck. I even bought evo spectras blue halogen bulbs and only one bulb will fire up. Im at a loss. I even checked the grounds and wiring. So any help would be much appreciated. Thanks josh.

Re: newbie. hid problems and blue halogen problem.
Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:36 AM
Did you check to make sure both the ballast are working properly?
Saturday, May 03, 2014 8:40 AM
And if they are you may need to flip the connector
Around. On my z24 I had to flip the pig tails at the light bulb over to get them to work.
Saturday, May 10, 2014 11:08 AM
I agree about turning the plugs over. I had to do this on my 2009 Vibe GT's fog lights to get the HIDs to work properly, although with my Vibe the bulbs wouldn't light up at all until I turned the plugs over.

What brand HIDs did you get? I have DDM Tuning HIDs in my low beam headlights (#9006) and have not had any issues with them, but the bulbs they sent me for the fog lights (#9145 / H10) were giving me nothing but problems even after trying anti-flicker devices and wiring harnesses. I finally concluded that the DDM bulbs were crap and ordered a pair of bulbs from hid-led-outlet-store on eBay. Now the fog lights work fine and I don't even need any of the extra stuff i.e. anti-flicker devices, wiring harnesses, etc.

IMO the quality of DDM Tuning's HIDs has really gone downhill. I haven't had any issues with their 35w slim ballasts, but I definitely won't be ordering any bulbs from them again. Their bulbs take two weeks to arrive from China. The ones I ordered on eBay arrived in less than week and came from California.

Saturday, May 10, 2014 11:15 AM
Also, forgot to mention about the halogen bulbs. Check what the wattage on them is. Bulbs like those tend to have way higher wattage and will either not function at all or will pop a fuse, burn up wiring, etc. They're a waste of money. If you really want a good bulb that is normal wattage, check out Sylvania's SilverStar zXe. They give off a nice white light, but won't burn up your wiring or anything. Look for them on eBay where they can be had for half the price of what they cost at Auto Zone, Walmart, etc.

Saturday, May 10, 2014 5:41 PM
I willing to bet your relay harness plug that plugs into the factory headlight plug is wired different. Gm wired their 9007 plugs different then other manufactures just like the brake light bulbs. You need to repin either the factory plug or the relay harness to match.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search