Another Noob - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another Noob
Monday, August 11, 2014 10:05 AM
Hey all,
I am new here and a new (to me) cav owner. I recently picked up my grandpa's 84 Cavalier convertible. I am the 3 generation in the family to own this car, and am planning to do some resto and a few personal preference upgrades. I will be scouring these forums looking for tips, tricks and resources. Here is what I am starting with

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204528106466583&l=41d546353d

So far I am striking out BIG time looking for body parts. I am going to be on the hunt for a set of 1st gen skirts and 2nd gen skirts, as well as a 1st gen hood, and a 1st gen wing.

These 2 cars are my inspiration!!!! If you guys know the owners, I would love to chat with them on what they did!!

Re: Another Noob
Monday, August 11, 2014 11:17 AM
Well you picked two of the best examples of clean cav of that generation.

Finding parts are very hard these days.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, August 12, 2014 7:17 AM
Yeah, I am noticing that I am actually looking forward to walking the boneyards for parts on the weekends again
Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:24 AM
Welcome! I do love a good first gen build. If you're looking for parts and knowledge about these cars you've come to the right place; there is a good group of 1st gen guys here. Post up in the 1st gen forum on this site and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you out. The best thing you can do to get started is to use the custom google search box in the top right hand corner of the page. You'd be surprised how much info is available just by searching.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, February 28, 2015 7:41 AM
DODO BIRD CAVS MAN!

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search