New car!! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New car!!
Friday, September 12, 2014 9:00 AM
Hi, I've posted previously about my other Cavalier. It was the silver 2002 sedan. Anyhow I currently have a 1990 2door. She was owned by a flagger so as you can imagine the car was filthy when I got it. The dash had "bad to the bone" written on it, headliner sags, busted driver window, rattle can paint job, Rollin' on 13s. Anyhow, I've got the inside cleaned up real nice now. My local junkyard has my window for cheap, and I've got an uncle who can paint cars professionally. After a mishaps with my front tire, I am now running 17's in the rear. The 17s I have however won't fit on the front because that stupid plate on the shock/strut comes down and rests right on the tire. Ok now that that's all out I have a few questions. The gas pedal is still as hell? How can I fix this? Also I miss the hp of my 2002. This one is kind of lacking at only 95 hp. How would I go about swapping in a 2.2/5spd. Out of a newer model. Non ecotech. I do not want to swap in a 3.1/3.4/3.5 or any other V6. I just want something that's still great on gas has some good pickup and is dependable. So how hard would it be to swap in the newer 2.2 and 5spd. I'm sorry if this has been covered but I can't find it anywhere. Also will 16s from a 2000-2005 fit. I know they'll bolt up but will I have the problem I'm having with my 17s and if so can I cut down that plate on front strut/shock? I was also wondering, did they make an instrument cluster with the tach and trip in 1990? I can't seem to find one. Will a center console from a 3rd gen fit without much hassle? Thanks everyone for looking just really looking for info. Sorry this was so long and hard

Re: New car
Sunday, September 14, 2014 8:53 PM
Gee, I just really wanted to thank everyone for all of this wonderful and vital information. I'm not sure I could have made it without this useful info. Seriously though. Why even have a forum if people aren't willing to help the people like me. That's why I posted in newbies because for the most part I am a newb. I can turn a wrench and I am capable if doing whatever needs done but I need a starting point, I need the info so I know what I'm gonna need to get this started. Well, thanks a lot errybody.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search