New guy! - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New guy!
Saturday, January 24, 2015 8:12 PM
Well, as you probably read I am Nick! And I have owned a couple of Jbody's. And I am around calgary AB
My first car was a 99 z-24 cavalier 5 speed. AC, cruise, rear def. No power locks,windows,chairs,roof. All worked amazingly. Other then when i got it the engine had opportunity knocking! So I went to PNP and got a really nice clean engine out of a totaled sunfire GT. I really liked the car, spent a lot of time keeping it clean. But to make it a little different i painted the z-24 logo and the rims, as well as the dash. But unfortunately it came to an early grave when some guy in a minivan was ridding his brakes down a big hill and so he could not stop at the bottom. And so he rear ended me and dragged me about 7 ft into the guy in front of me and destroyed my mold I had all ready to make a fiberglass part out of.

So I was a little upset about that. But I did want another z-24 or GT So I figured i would switch it up and buy a 2002 Sunfire GT 5 speed. This one was loaded though, power mirrors,windows, sunroof, rear defrost, AC, cruise, command start. The strangest thing I found about it was it had the 2.2 Ecotec. and not the quad. Since i thought 2003 was the first ecotec year. But apparently on part lookups it is an optional engine.

As you can see I took my z-24 rims off my cavalier, since they were brand new rubbers. And I also blacked out the rear tail lights. But don not be fooled! I spent about as much money as what I paid for it, just fixing it up to be driveable. Like pull the trans out and replace the slave and master cylinder because someone put transmission stop leak in the reservoir. As well as the front brakes which were basically gone, and the wheel bearings were shaking the wheel so bad I thought the wheel was going to fall off. Yes it was a horrible drive home, the clutch died about 8 10th of the way home! Also fixed a lot of body damage on the rear, replaced all the light fixtures since every single one was cracked or smashed.
Anyway, I got bored last weekend and put in some angry eyes!

I do really miss the power of the 2.4, and since I get about 5-8mpg more then the 2.4 I was planning to do some power upgrades to get it a little more at par with the 2.4. There is also a lot more to be done with the car to get it even half a clean as my cavalier was. But I will hopefully get there.

Re: New guy!
Saturday, January 24, 2015 11:39 PM
Yes 2002 was the year they 1st offered the ecotec. Just toss a M62 supercharger on it and you'll wonder why you ever liked the 2.4.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 7:29 PM
I was tempted to to that, i do miss the whine of my friends supercharged 01 eco swapped cavalier. I just cant justify spending that much money on my DD when I could be spending it on my chevelle haha.
Saturday, February 28, 2015 6:53 AM
Loving the fire , the modded hood of your old cav not so much though! Ecotec 2.2 is a good notch above the 2.4 and more reliable ..

BLACKMANTIS
Saturday, August 08, 2015 2:07 PM
Well, I got bored again, so I started making a full fiberglass hood out of a Gram Am GT hood.
Basically took a partial mold of the GT hood and started glueing it on to the sunfire hood. The shapes are a little different haha. But i think it looks pre cool. Going to run a ram air through one side. as you can see from the underside I made a venture.

Still needs some more smoothing out, then I can make the mold for the top. Then glue the two peices together.
And I also got one of these!

Does anyone here have any LSJ alternator brackets or tensioner assemblies? Or injectors?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search