Aftermarket Steering wheel? - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Aftermarket Steering wheel?
Monday, September 05, 2016 10:11 PM
Alright, so I have an 03 cavalier , I don't know to much about it.. I think it's a base model (steel wheels , basic stereo , no steering wheel controls no tilt wheel to my knowledge no options truthfully)
I had received the car for free since the previous owner had no use for it .. I plan on putting an aftermarket 6 bolt steering wheel in it (cuz why not) but everywhere I read that it could be cheap (10-$30) or expensive (shouldn't have to put a price here lol) depending if it was made in 02 or if it was and 03 made in 03 .. how do I tell? I'm not trying to drop a couple hundred (or more than $80 ) on changing the steering wheel I have my eye on a cheap type r just to make it look cool and from what I gather it's an easy job (once all the parts are collected..) if I could get some help figuring this out I would really appreciate it .. im not looking for lectures on how cheaping out is bad ( the car has 205k on it and I got it for free Im not concerned) what would be the cheapest way to do this can I just by a 3 bolt to 6 bolt adapter and slap it in ? Will that not work? If you need more info tell me how to get that info and I'll give it to you ( like how to tell what year it was made in ). I'm sorry if this has been posted.. I'm just really overwhelmed with all this I looked it up and some people say it's cheap and easy others say expensive and pain in the ass.. can someone clear this up?

Thanks in advance

Re: Aftermarket Steering wheel?
Tuesday, September 06, 2016 6:02 AM
Dallas Swinford wrote:Alright, so I have an 03 cavalier , I don't know to much about it.. I think it's a base model (steel wheels , basic stereo , no steering wheel controls no tilt wheel to my knowledge no options truthfully)
I had received the car for free since the previous owner had no use for it .. I plan on putting an aftermarket 6 bolt steering wheel in it (cuz why not) but everywhere I read that it could be cheap (10-$30) or expensive (shouldn't have to put a price here lol) depending if it was made in 02 or if it was and 03 made in 03 .. how do I tell? I'm not trying to drop a couple hundred (or more than $80 ) on changing the steering wheel I have my eye on a cheap type r just to make it look cool and from what I gather it's an easy job (once all the parts are collected..) if I could get some help figuring this out I would really appreciate it .. im not looking for lectures on how cheaping out is bad ( the car has 205k on it and I got it for free Im not concerned) what would be the cheapest way to do this can I just by a 3 bolt to 6 bolt adapter and slap it in ? Will that not work? If you need more info tell me how to get that info and I'll give it to you ( like how to tell what year it was made in ). I'm sorry if this has been posted.. I'm just really overwhelmed with all this I looked it up and some people say it's cheap and easy others say expensive and pain in the ass.. can someone clear this up?

Thanks in advance

I have just confirmed with the door jam sticker it is an 03 model made in 08/02 shouldn't this be easy and cheap then?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search