Newbie to J-body's - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Newbie to J-body's
Thursday, November 24, 2016 6:18 AM
Ok guys, yes I'm a newbieto j-body's and the ld9 but not to mechanics. I'm the lead cylinder head machinist in an engine machine shop. I know what it takes to make power....on a ls motor, on a diesel engine, sbc or anything old school. I have my own tuning software from HP tuners I used on my 06gto. I'm not dumb so please don't treat me as such, but I am here for a reason. I had a 04 srt 4 that ran daily on 23lbs of boost, fun car. I want to build this z24 to do that one day. I bought this rust free car for $300 with a broke rod and only 107k on it,and got 2 rod knocking long blocks with it. Sorry, finally to my questions. Have the engine currently on a stand and just got done machining block, crank, and rods. I realized I don't know a thing about this LD9. Pretend you have access to all the machining equipment you could need but a limited budget, what do I need to do to make this engine reliable, powerful, and one day boosted? I'm the "do it right the first time" guy. I'don't love to learn from your mistakes so I don't have to make them.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search