New user introduction - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New user introduction
Sunday, April 29, 2018 6:47 AM
Hey guys,

Just found this forum and registered, and wanted to say a little about myself.

I've always been in to cars and when I was 12 my mom had a Chevy Celebrity, while my Dad had a Plymouth Reliant. It died, and in its place he got a 1984 Cavalier CS wagon. That was back in 1992. Fast forward to when I was 16. My mom still had that Celebrity and I got my temps. She wouldn't take me out to learn to drive, and he preferred to use his car. I used her car to get my license, and when I got my first job I used his car to save up for my first car. Every time I turned around I'd come across a Cavalier that I liked, but since it would be in his name he had the final say. There was always something wrong and ended up getting a Ford Tempo. Always traded off cars and drove the Cavalier. It was a beater car to him but to me it was the first car I really drove. I even looked at a type 10 and went an hour away to look at it with him when I was trying to get rid of the Tempo. I thought it was a nice car but it had a salvage title, and he said no since it would need towed. Now I own my own house, and the bug to get a Cavalier has returned. While his was a 1984 CS wagon I'm hoping to get a 1984-87 with automatic. Wagons are so utilitarian so it would be helpful but any Cavalier would be good.

Those boxy old cars remind me of my youth, and now is time for me to relive that. Hopefully I can locate one soon so I can start fixing it up and getting crazy questions of why an older Cavalier. Time to let the fun begin!

Re: New user introduction
Monday, April 30, 2018 5:09 PM
Here's one.....

1985 Chevrolet Cavalier

Video Photos 16
MESSAGE SELLER CALL SELLER
$3,995 MAKE OFFER
$147 above average
$70/mo
*Estimate - With good credit & 10% down
LOAN CALCULATOR
MILEAGE 62,000 miles
19,475 miles above average
ENGINE 2.0L I4
TRANSMISSION Automatic 3-Speed
FUEL Gasoline
FUEL ECONOMY 22 City / 27 Hwy
DRIVE TRAIN FWD
INTERIOR / EXTERIOR COLORS Tan / Orange
STOCK # 541
Average
Demand
Views
20+
Days Listed
Average Days Listed
DESCRIPTION
OPTIONS
PRICING GUIDE
Description of this 1985 Chevrolet Cavalier
MR STOP IS PROUD TO BRING YOU THIS OLDIE BUT GOODIE. A 1985 CAVALIER WAGON WITH A 2.0 LITRE 4CYLINDER ENGINE, AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, NEW TIRES, AND MUCH MORE, THIS CAR IS A MUST SEE. STOP IN FOR A TEST DRIVE TODAY

Mr. Stop Pre-Owned Auto

47 Anmoore Rd
Anmoore, WV 26323
View Inventory (11)
FINANCING OPTIONS
VEHICLE HISTORY REPORT™
REQUEST VIN
MESSAGE SELLER
CALL SELLER
FREE Vehicle History Report™
1985 Chevrolet Cavalier

Doug in P.R.

Attachments
1009687639.jpg (82k)

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Tuesday, May 01, 2018 12:25 PM
Fun to read. Whatever you get, post it up!

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, May 27, 2018 3:02 PM
Thanks guys, just saw these replies to the post. Looks like I might need to adjust my settings for notifications if there is one. That 85 wagon looks nice but more than I was hoping to spend. Don't mind doing some hard labor to get a worn out car fixed up nicely.

I've found a few out there but a little late on them since they were sold. We'll see what happens from there. Tracking down a car and getting it is half the fun.
Sunday, May 27, 2018 5:39 PM
https://www.autozin.com/1985-chevy-cavalier-station-wagon-2850022.html

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Sunday, May 27, 2018 8:53 PM
Ah, I see someone else in the hunt as well....

Miss my first gen, which was pretty much a 1987 Base coupe with the RS package.

Also had a 93 wagon, and I miss how much I used to use it!

Doesn't seem to be too much out there at the moment...but sure you will find something!

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Tuesday, May 29, 2018 9:59 PM
I've got a 2 owner, 74.6k original miles 1984 Type 10 I might be willing to let go:

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 8:07 PM
Thanks,

I've actually found a nice 1987 sedan that's about six hours from me. I'm talking to the owner about arranging a day to get the car. It's been garaged its entire life, one owner car, and only one spot of rust that I could see. It doesn't have all options I'd like but that just means I can work on that stuff since I wouldn't have to do a full restoration. If all goes well it'll be in my driveway this weekend.
Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:35 PM
Dave Z wrote:Ah, I see someone else in the hunt as well....

Miss my first gen, which was pretty much a 1987 Base coupe with the RS package.

Also had a 93 wagon, and I miss how much I used to use it!

Doesn't seem to be too much out there at the moment...but sure you will find something!

You’re right. There wasn’t much out there at the moment. I lucked out and found one in Maryland for $500. The car looks in great shape by the pictures and doesn’t seem to be rusted out. One owner car and garage kept. It doesn’t have all options I’d like such as cruise, ac, tilt, three spoke wheel, fm radio (has analog AM) but it is a very nice car for the price and will have fun making the modifications to it.
Monday, July 09, 2018 7:42 AM
Here’s a picture of the car I ended up getting.
Attachments
86162728-F1F5-4D9D-919A-DCE07F78D666.jpeg (166k)

Monday, July 09, 2018 9:51 PM
Welcome to both of us.

France at Home is an online French Supermarket that sells French food such as bread, appetizers, cheese, jams, foie gras, condiments, shampoo, saucisson, french mustard and French bread.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 6:37 PM
Matt Manter wrote:Here’s a picture of the car I ended up getting.

Clean!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search