i wanna do a turbo Sunfire build - Newbies Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
i wanna do a turbo Sunfire build
Friday, July 31, 2020 2:48 AM
Hello there! I'm really new here and i don't anything about tuning but i do wanna go fast. So i have 6 sunfires from 1997-2006 some ive road driven & other for parts. They've always treated me really good for a cheap car and they take a beating, ice fishing, hunting, always start!
So i wanna build a turbo car. Im searching try to learn wtf a FMU is and all that. ive been here for a hour reading search posts and my brain spun a bearing. the tuning talk is a little confusing.
Im thinking my 1998 or my 1997 2.2 2door red coupe stick shift
or new autos? ecotecs? what do i build? most posts with pics arnt available.
i need a recipe a build guideline. I know we're talking forged bottom end, oilpump. timing gears/chain, top feed conversion? ebay turbo manifold? inter cooler? lol i really need to read up on this stuff haha i dont know squat. but i am 2nd year hd mechanic and i do want to explore. the tuning talk lingo just confuses the heck out of me. I built a BBC 461 in my chevy mud truck so i know something about something but not everything.

SO chime in with some parts to buy/choose so i only cry once at the till not twice. Newer car/motor or 2.2 pre ecotech or auto or stick (my preference)
costly my god but i want to build it! of course i want to go big but wheres a good starting point with various components to put 3grand Canadian pesos into it.
im learning searching trying to learn but i need some hot tips.. thnks you

Re: i wanna do a turbo Sunfire build
Friday, July 31, 2020 4:08 AM
Go with an eco.

You can more or less bolt on the turbo setup from a saab at that point and call it a day.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search