cav vs. 2004 Celica Gts - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cav vs. 2004 Celica Gts
Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:22 AM
I own the 96 cavalier stock besides a cone filter. My friend owns a 2004 celica GT-S all he has is a cat back exhaust and i beat him racing on the street right in front of my house until we reached about 80-85 (around there) then he just pulled like mad if i get a full exhaust will that help me more low end or high end?

Re: cav vs. 2004 Celica Gts
Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:35 AM
I'm assuming you have a Z24.

by nature the Z24 engine and the eco have great lowend power, we lack it in the higher end.

If your going to do it right. a 4-1 header and cat-back would be a great place to start and give you more topend power.

A full air intake wouldn't hurt either.

Be carefull racing on the streets, and please move your racing to an actual dragstrip. Many people here will not even talk to you if your talking about going 85 on a public road.

Keep it safe, keep it fun, keep it legal.

Once your doing it legal and realize how much more fun you have than racing someone from a stop light or from a roll on the highway. Without fear of cops or hurting yourself and others around you, you'll never want to go back.

Racing on the street is irrisonsible, inmature and extremely dangerous no matter how carefull your being, or how safe you "think" it is.

-Chris

Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:01 AM
o ya it was down my private drive so they is no chance of cops or anything
Friday, January 13, 2006 4:35 PM
dude celicas are slow if you like them up on msnauto.com the 1.8 with 140 h/p is faster then the gts with 180
Friday, January 13, 2006 7:00 PM
Dude, a celica gt-s can be pretty quick. I've seen people run 14's with basic bolt-ons. You must have gotten a great jump on him cuz their top-end is pretty sick.
Sunday, January 15, 2006 3:45 PM
2000 toyota celica GT-S
not stock, but nice video

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=4C186D71-2DF0-413C-ACC0-1B874B8F2DED&kw=10&p=0

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Real cars don't make power at the front wheels......
THEY LIFT THEM !!!
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Thursday, January 19, 2006 6:21 AM
mike gless wrote:I own the 96 cavalier stock besides a cone filter. My friend owns a 2004 celica GT-S all he has is a cat back exhaust and i beat him racing on the street right in front of my house until we reached about 80-85 (around there) then he just pulled like mad if i get a full exhaust will that help me more low end or high end?

Wrong forum too.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, January 19, 2006 7:25 AM
Jbody2nr wrote:
mike gless wrote:I own the 96 cavalier stock besides a cone filter. My friend owns a 2004 celica GT-S all he has is a cat back exhaust and i beat him racing on the street right in front of my house until we reached about 80-85 (around there) then he just pulled like mad if i get a full exhaust will that help me more low end or high end?

Wrong forum too.

umm, look at what I pulled out of it here-

Quote:

if i get a full exhaust will that help me more low end or high end?

1971 camaro 427 --- here!

Stock... and loving every minute of it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search