Track night disappointment. ;( - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Track night disappointment. ;(
Thursday, April 27, 2006 11:34 PM
Well went to the track tonight and couldn't get the car to come out of the hole for nothing.
It would load up on gas and bog with me starting off at about a 30 foot mark I was still able to catch 117 mph traps on my slicks.
If I accelerated the full 1/4 mile I am pretty sure it would be close to 119 mph trap and I was planning on turning it up to 22 psi tonight.
So maybe 121-122, but it didn't go as planned so I just put my street tires on after like 4-5 tries and went home.

Pass was like 13.61 @117.20 mph with a 2.90 60 foot.
I had a C12/93 octane mix and this was done at 20 psi, with EGT's 1620F which is 890C (not bad considering I usually run 1700+)

Car ran good as hell in boost it is just that I am using a same fuel map for 3rd and 4th gear and 20 psi as I am in 1st and 1st gear doesn't like it at all.

As for Orlando it doesn't look good for me, for the Florida J meet, if I cannot run I don't think I have much to show. lol
I need to get my fuel management rolling and tuned in less than 2 weeks.
$550, and some free time, and a lap top.

So bye bye FMU, it helps me officially NO MORE!, I knew it all along for the guys that are gonna say something smart I just wanted to see what all I can squeeze out of it.

Best time:"""11.946""" @ 114.73 mph @17psi 1.83--60"
11 second daily driver!!!!
Race Related 727-561-9440
Shop of choice for your 11 second J body!

Also, built bottom end and or top end LSJ and L61's available.
13's ----12's ----11's ----10's

Re: Track night disappointment. ;(
Friday, April 28, 2006 5:43 AM
nice trap speeds though.

thanks for the update.

Friday, April 28, 2006 7:10 AM
Dont ya love cars that run like poop You're not getting the cheap HP Tuners are ya? Get the good @!#$ man... blackbox datalogging is the shiznitz.

I'm curious about what ratio of C12/93 you're running and how quickly it kills O2 sensors?

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:02 AM
damn that sucks yasmin

aren't your EGTs high? doesn't that worry you at all?

hope to see you get that thing tuned hit 10s already you bastard

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:06 AM
Thanks Jake, and Owen as for killing O2 sensors it is irrelevent. It gives me a good burn and that is all I care for, and it helps my motor.

Cheap HP Tuners? Last time I checked I didn't see much wrong with HPTuners if you are willing to make it work and you want it bad enough.

Blackbox?? WTF is that, never heard of it. Datalogging, seems like you are only observing what you motor is doing and can't do jack about it.
If I wanted to do that I would use my boys Predator.

Watch my timing being pulled while I cannot do anything about it. lmao

BTW, I got my own standalone for the stuff I am planning on doing.

Friday, April 28, 2006 1:21 PM
lol, he ment the $650 HPT vs. the $500 HPT......... not two different brands, just two differnt HPT setups....

But yea, get crackin on it...... you'll get it straightened out.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Friday, April 28, 2006 6:23 PM
SpeedRacerZ wrote:lol, he ment the $650 HPT vs. the $500 HPT......... not two different brands, just two differnt HPT setups....

But yea, get crackin on it...... you'll get it straightened out.

SpeedRacer gets a cookie!

Datalogging isnt good? Are you stupid... how the @!#$ else are you going to make adjustments to your tune at the track... looking at the data from your next run lets you make changes for the next run.... I dunno about you, but the only gauge I look at going down the track is the tach.

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:17 PM
Ok lets start offending eachother, but on the other hand lets not.
I could shime in with a few but it would end up upsetting you.

On the other hand you said dataogging like you meant looking at the logger without being able to do anythng about it.
That would be pointless, but if you can mess and record more power to you.

I am far from stupid at least I think, but then that is all that matters. lol
I am not going to be using the HPT, I am going to be using something else. Probably switching to a MSD distributor as well and losing the powersteering pump, we'll see.

I know what I wanna do it is just that making this work by the Florida J bash would be impossible to even make the standalone, and then getting it tuned would be another impossible thing.
It doesn't look that good.

I got you Brian, try and catch my daily driver with your drag Cavy, if you can?? JK
I had to, and before someone starts calling me names and stuff because of what I said me and Brian go some ways back and I think I have deserved my right to say this. @!#$, I remember when I was running 14.20's asking Brian how the hell was he able to run a 12.80.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 7:28 AM
eh we all have those nights, i couldn't hook up last night either (15.9 best, stock eco sucks)

that's a hell of a lot of boost tho, can't wait to see 10's it's gonna happen this season! (i hope)

Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:37 AM
I need at least 130mph trap to even think about 10. anything.
With about 450 to the wheels it might be possible, I am very close to being able to make this power I can taste it. lol
I am pretty sure my September or October I might pull it off.

Thanks guys.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 12:31 PM
Quote:

So bye bye FMU, it helps me officially NO MORE!, I knew it all along for the guys that are gonna say something smart I just wanted to see what all I can squeeze out of it.

told ya

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Saturday, April 29, 2006 3:43 PM
Dial it man...I know I want to see 10s before the season is over!!!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Monday, May 01, 2006 7:24 PM
dama 117 mph , and a 13 sec pass

lol , thats crazy moving for a 1/4 mile

good luck getting her dialed back in

Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:37 AM

The only difference between our 'drag car' and your car is the roll cage......... well, that and the engines I give you props cause your crazy enough to drive it like that daily

I've very impressed with the times you pull out of your daily driver........ hell, I'm impressed with the trap speeds even when the times arnt the greatest. Our last run...... 14.0@111....... no 60' time on the slip, but had to be just as bad as yours..... and I *think* we were on 11psi..... never looked at the guage (only one run in that day too, first of the year)

Keep it up.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search