having trouble!!!! - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
having trouble!!!!
Sunday, April 30, 2006 7:34 PM
i have an 01 2200 with an intake,header,2.25catback,short throw, upper motor i ran a 17 flat at 80 mph with intake and muffler(stock tubing ) now i run a 17.20 at 81mph wut is wrong and can any one help me out with launching

Re: having trouble!!!!
Sunday, April 30, 2006 9:41 PM
hmmm i dotn know what they launch with in a 2200 3000 something?. But keep at it your car looks pretty nice but if you took out the subs and spair stuff it would prolly be faster. Dont pay any attention if these guys flame you they are jbo homos.

darkblade j
Monday, May 01, 2006 10:10 AM
thanks and the first run basically stock was with subs wut do u mean by launch is that when you hold the rpms because whenever i try that it almosts stalls and i dont wanna ride my clutch that half the people that flame on here drive automatics so all the need is a good reaction time oh and thanks for not flamin me
Monday, May 01, 2006 12:52 PM
will anyone help me
Monday, May 01, 2006 10:50 PM
Well yea you hold your rpms with a clutch like yours its has a lot of bite so its way different then a stock clutch . I would recomend what i plan to do as far as lauching goes. I plan on going to an palce were you can experment with launches like an abandon/ empty road and practice different launches at different rpms and see witch one gives you the fastest lauch . But you can be pretty hard on a clutch like that . A nother thing i would recomend it to lower your frount tire pressure to like 25 psi or so then play with that that will give you better traction so u can lauch at higher rpm. But i would recomend leaving them at 30 psi for every day driving. Every ones setup is different as far as mods,clutch,motor,tires so you kinda have to come up wiht your own way to launch. hope that helped!

darkblade j
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 10:27 AM
2 10ths could easily be attributed to the weather or track conditions. How consistant are those times?

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:18 PM
^ weasel is right you will never run the exact same everytime you go to the track look your time was slower MPH was better which means you spun on launch got in to high gear faster

low 17s is relitively good out of a basically stock 2.2 also

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 4:54 AM
As stated that difference is not much. I noticed your MPH went up by 1 MPH. Have you made changes since you ran a 17 flat at 80mph? If so then you pick up a little power. It could be you need to adjust your driving to the new mods.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 6:08 PM
What's your 1/8 Miles?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search