Nitto Or BFG Drag Radials? - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nitto Or BFG Drag Radials?
Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:22 PM
I have a built 2.4 with GM SC, I can not hook up for anything. My runs down the track are terrible and I need radials by friday. I am not sure what to get to mount on stocker 14s, BFG Drag Radials or the nittos. They are both the same price but I dont know much about FWD DRs. I ran the BFGs on my Camaro and got great results but not sure on the nittos.

Thanks
Chris

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible

Re: Nitto Or BFG Drag Radials?
Monday, May 22, 2006 5:10 AM
i have BF radials. they are nice

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, May 22, 2006 5:30 AM
I have Nitto's, and like them, but have heard nothing but great things about the BFG's. I was told they hook much better than Nitto's. Keep in mind if that is the case then you could have other things to worry about.

FU Tuning

Monday, May 22, 2006 5:34 AM
I have BFG's, but they aren't tall enough for the amount of torque i'm putting down, so i haven't managed to hook up much better than my stockers... everyone else i know that uses them has nothing but good things to say though. I've heard good things about Nittos too, but it seems as if i hear about the BFG's more often.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, May 22, 2006 9:19 AM
BFG > Nitto x 1000000000

Best way to prove the BFGs are better...A few years again in the NMRA Nitto sponsored a class and put up a contingency to winners using their tires. By the middle of the year 90% of the contestants in the class were using BFG DRs instead of the Nittos. If winning the race and running good was more important to them and they choose the BFGs I think they'll be good for you. LOL.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, May 22, 2006 10:23 AM
BFG 235-60-15's ..... used them a few times... great tire to use...

Went out bought another set for a different project I had in mind..... but that project never took off nor did it want it to take off...

If your interested let me know... they are brand new mounted on a set of good wheels as well.

Monday, May 22, 2006 2:21 PM
Karo (Car Customs) wrote:BFG 235-60-15's ..... used them a few times... great tire to use...

Went out bought another set for a different project I had in mind..... but that project never took off nor did it want it to take off...

If your interested let me know... they are brand new mounted on a set of good wheels as well.

that wouldn't be the red cav you brought out to the bash last year was it?

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Monday, May 22, 2006 4:45 PM
Can anyone find 215/60/14s in the drag radial BFGs? I cant find any, I really need them by friday and need to order them tonight, wheres the best price?

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
Monday, May 22, 2006 5:18 PM
$100 a piece and about $20 shipping. Told you I get you a quote tonight

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, May 22, 2006 9:36 PM
i heard the bfg's are better for traction. softer compound. nittos last longer. i havent ran my mickey thompsons yet. their 235-60-15's. should be pretty close with bfgs

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:52 AM
my friends got a set of 225/50/15 bfg's for sale if you around the northern ill area. there practically brand new he made maybe 12 passes with them. i think he wants arond 150 bucks for them.

but the bfg's to me are a much better tire.

12.7@110MPH with 10PSI.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search