civic vs cavalier - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
civic vs cavalier
Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:15 PM
alright guys i have had a challenge from a local here, he bets me that his 92 civic dx(2door) can beat my 00 cavalier(2door) in a 1/4 mile. he has an exhaust, CAI, and wheels and tires done to his civic. my cav has stock wheels with hubcaps... CAI and its running royal purple oil which is about 400 miles into the fresh oil. i am pretty sure i can get him, but i would like input. the race will be on a track, and i wanted to know if you think i can get him no problem or if i should pull back. any suggestions for quick mods to get some extra horse in there? i cant think of any because im trying to keep my engine stock until i can get the big changes to it. i dont want to go cheap but i really dont want to lose to my on and only enemy. ive beaten an eagle talon and a 95 civic ex no problem... i raced my friends olds alero (3.5 V6) and he beat me but it was only 2 lengths at the quarter... any suggestions?

Re: civic vs cavalier
Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:25 PM
what engine does he have? because they can range anywher from 70-125 hp

Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:27 PM
man oh man... civic?
you know you can swap in so many engines into a civic like swapping an intake
... well not that easily but it's affordable and very common
if it's just about any dohc engine then you're probably going to lose
if it's a sohc then it should be even-ish

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703
Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:44 PM
You have a 2.2 auto it will run mid 17 to low 18's stock. Good luck your gunna lose

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 12:48 PM
even if he does just have the sohc doesnt mean that he is only runnin CAI like already said you can do so much to Honda motors dont go pulling out tho, head to track and have a fun race. if you lose you lose, be a man about it and take it if you do, but dont NOT race someone because you think you will lose thats not what it is all about, racing is about the love for speed and the adreneline rush we all get when we hear those high rpms and engines reving. have fun man and the best of luck

"sometimes the respect is more important..."
Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:23 PM
lol

automatic cav with a intake = suck.

you lose

Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:27 PM
how bout you just take it to a track and race him? we can play guessing games all day here

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:30 PM
Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:50 PM
hmm i didnt think they renamed the performance forum , the VERSUS forum

hmmmmm

Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:00 PM
i miss the versus forum... where that kroger fella at?

Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:46 PM
If you actually beat an ex then you will beat him. He has the crusty motor. The ex's have the vtec sohc with a whopping 125 horsepower. I think the dx is right around 100. My friend has one with all the bolt ons and it is completely gutless. I say you have a very good chance. Your auto is really holding you back tho.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:57 PM
yeah i knew the slush box would add some time... but i really dont go into a race where i know im going to win anyway... i like the competition, the rush, and even if i lost... i know its my car... sure ive lost to mommy and daddys car before... my friend has a cobra 03 and he rubs it in my face til i mention who has the pink slip? then he gets quiet...

as for the civic, his engine is either one of these (im not sure exactly which year... im not a fan of civics.. could be 92, could be 91, could be 94... eh

88-91 DX/LX D15B2 16 Valve SOHC
1493cc
9.2:1 c.r
PGM-FI DPFI 92 bhp @6000 6800 rpm 89 lbft @ 4500

OR

92-95 Civic DX/LX D15B7 16 Valve SOHC
1493cc
9.2:1 c.r
PGM-FI MPFI 96 bhp @5900 6800 rpm 90 lbft @ 5000

ill figure it out, but either way it will be fun... i havent raced anybody in my cav in forever...
A. because its not fun to find cars slower than mine
B. nobody will go again after i beat them once
C. my parents cars are much faster
Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:57 PM
Herb Wilson wrote:alright guys i have had a challenge from a local here, he bets me that his 92 civic dx(2door) can beat my 00 cavalier(2door) in a 1/4 mile. he has an exhaust, CAI, and wheels and tires done to his civic. my cav has stock wheels with hubcaps... CAI and its running royal purple oil which is about 400 miles into the fresh oil. i am pretty sure i can get him, but i would like input. the race will be on a track, and i wanted to know if you think i can get him no problem or if i should pull back. any suggestions for quick mods to get some extra horse in there? i cant think of any because im trying to keep my engine stock until i can get the big changes to it. i dont want to go cheap but i really dont want to lose to my on and only enemy. ive beaten an eagle talon and a 95 civic ex no problem... i raced my friends olds alero (3.5 V6) and he beat me but it was only 2 lengths at the quarter... any suggestions?

like said before there are TONS of different engines that could be in that car. so just race him. thats what its all about, if its not for money then who gives a crap. and also just so you know in the future, dont be to quick to race eagle talons especially for money because you havve beaten one. i can almost gurantee it was non turbo and if it was a 1g it was probably the 1.8L SOHC. turbo models would hand you your ass really really bad, unless they have HUGE problems. but good luck on the race.
Thursday, January 18, 2007 3:08 PM
i know, i knew the kid with the eagle thats why i did it... it wasnt a TSI it was the 1.8

it was for money but 10$ isnt a big deal in a race... so either i leave with 0$ or i double it... haha ill let you guys know how it turns out
Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:05 PM
pertaining to the original question you asked about some quick mods you could do to help,i'm not sure what trans you have but B&M Shifplus might help?motor mounts as well,other than that being quicker off the line wouldn't hurt either,good luck to ya

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:25 PM
Herb Wilson wrote:alright guys i have had a challenge from a local here, he bets me that his 92 civic dx(2door) can beat my 00 cavalier(2door) in a 1/4 mile. he has an exhaust, CAI, and wheels and tires done to his civic. my cav has stock wheels with hubcaps... CAI and its running royal purple oil which is about 400 miles into the fresh oil. i am pretty sure i can get him, but i would like input. the race will be on a track, and i wanted to know if you think i can get him no problem or if i should pull back. any suggestions for quick mods to get some extra horse in there? i cant think of any because im trying to keep my engine stock until i can get the big changes to it. i dont want to go cheap but i really dont want to lose to my on and only enemy. ive beaten an eagle talon and a 95 civic ex no problem... i raced my friends olds alero (3.5 V6) and he beat me but it was only 2 lengths at the quarter... any suggestions?

CAI is just noise ... and do you really think that royal purple is going to give you REAL horsepower?

Doubtful.

if you want some extra horses , look at PJ The Flying Skwirls post in the third gen forum and do an eco five speed swap.

A SOHC no vtec, will probaly beat your car ... and SOHC VTEC you dont have a good chance with and any DOHC, bye bye.

Thursday, January 18, 2007 7:41 PM
the royal purple actually has helped my top end slightly... not noticeable like a WOW, but i have noticed a slight improvement... and the CAI has also helped my high RPM with a burst of power as opposed to the die off and then BLAH right before redline... yes its a slush box, but its my slush box
Thursday, January 18, 2007 8:21 PM
nice to hear that you are proud of your cavy i have been beaten by alot of cars in my Z especially my buddies turbo'd 1.8 intergra motor swapped civic and he loves to rub it in my face but i stay with the cavy cause i love it but good luck man just focus on the finish and have fun and be safe, let us no how it goes!!

"sometimes the respect is more important..."
Friday, January 19, 2007 12:48 AM
Herb Wilson wrote:i know, i knew the kid with the eagle thats why i did it... it wasnt a TSI it was the 1.8

it was for money but 10$ isnt a big deal in a race... so either i leave with 0$ or i double it... haha ill let you guys know how it turns out

ok wasnt trying to be a dick or anything, just wanted to make sure you knew so you didnt think you could wax all talons and go out losing money or something haha.
but yea good luck on the race.
Friday, January 19, 2007 12:50 AM
Herb Wilson wrote:the royal purple actually has helped my top end slightly... not noticeable like a WOW, but i have noticed a slight improvement... and the CAI has also helped my high RPM with a burst of power as opposed to the die off and then BLAH right before redline... yes its a slush box, but its my slush box

i personally didnt ever notice any change when i switched to royal purple, but i still do it just because it is better for my motor.
and your old air filter must have been very dirty, that is about the change you would notice from going from a dirty air filter to a clean new one (or cai). but yea its cool you race what you have!!
Friday, January 19, 2007 9:03 AM
do a 5 speed swap first then work from there. also new mounts and a bit of headwork will take the 2200 up a few notches.

Friday, January 19, 2007 12:50 PM
Kyle Kurtz wrote:
Herb Wilson wrote:i know, i knew the kid with the eagle thats why i did it... it wasnt a TSI it was the 1.8

ok wasnt trying to be a dick or anything, just wanted to make sure you knew so you didnt think you could wax all talons and go out losing money or something haha.
but yea good luck on the race.

i know, i tried a TSI about 3 weeks before the 1.8 and it was ugly

however, from a roll my Colorado LS (supercharged) can hang with most of the racers in my area.. the dead start kills me because of the weight... and they never know it til they here the super winding. to bad that supercharger wouldnt fit my cavy that would be bad ass... lol
Friday, January 19, 2007 2:23 PM
just remember don't listen to the people on here that say cav auto,you lose or base their comments on your motor his car could break or blow up on the track so you could always have a chance

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Friday, January 19, 2007 3:01 PM
hahah
as they say, speed kills, buy a honda and live forever...

its going down tomorrow if he doesnt back out
Saturday, January 20, 2007 2:06 PM
he didnt show up today guys... i called him to see where he was and he didnt answer, guess this story is going to have to be put on hold for a couple days.
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search