tires spinning - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tires spinning
Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:50 PM
i have a 50 shot dry in my car 2.4L sunfire gt 5 speed i have regular street tires on it. i was wondering when i spray which i do in 2nd should my tires break loose again? and should they chip in third when i spray again? because they do i was wondering if this is normal or not

Re: tires spinning
Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:57 PM
yeah it is. try drag radials and some suspenion mods

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, March 13, 2008 5:09 PM
ya i have NITTO NT01's on they way i was just curious if that was common or if it was my driving.
Thursday, March 13, 2008 6:29 PM
why a dry shot?

your engine ain't gonna last long

Friday, March 14, 2008 5:18 AM
why do you guys always rag on dry kits if it done right its just as safe as wet if not safer and you done have to pay to fix it if something does brake . if it doesnt have something to do with the topic question then why bother saying it?
Friday, March 14, 2008 11:58 AM
My tires spin when I take off hard up through 3rd and I am not even using nitrous
Friday, March 14, 2008 12:03 PM
Devin Thomas wrote:why do you guys always rag on dry kits if it done right its just as safe as wet if not safer and you done have to pay to fix it if something does brake . if it doesnt have something to do with the topic question then why bother saying it?

Skwirl just asked a question. no need to get defensive

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, March 14, 2008 12:07 PM
adding more fuel will be safer than not adding any, just dont add too much or too little

Friday, March 14, 2008 1:18 PM
Devin Thomas wrote:why do you guys always rag on dry kits if it done right its just as safe as wet if not safer and you done have to pay to fix it if something does brake . if it doesnt have something to do with the topic question then why bother saying it?

If you honestly think that a dry shot is safer than a wet shot, you should review the rules of adding nitrous and or boost to a motor. The most BASIC law in internal combustion engines is that if you add more air, you add more fuel. Ok, that covers boost you say right? Well, I want to know if you know exactly what nitrous does, and then I'll explain why more fuel is safer.

Street-Legal 2003 Sunfire 10.58 @ 139 MPH
Thursday, March 20, 2008 1:42 PM
I'm only familiar with zex, but i'm pretty sure dry kits do add fuel. I know mine does. It does it by raising fuel pressure instead of having another solinoid. Its more then adequate for a 50 shot. There is a very large misconception about dry kits on this forum.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:49 AM
there are also kits that will detect lean conditions and cut the nitrous

Friday, April 04, 2008 8:37 PM
Wet shot is safer.... that's a fact.... it doesn't matter if you argue it's not until your face is blue.

Besides being safer.... they also work better and hit harder..... a wet shot is just better in every way except for it costing more.

And if your tires break loose when you spray..... just get some better tires.

Thursday, May 15, 2008 7:04 AM
I was just curious as whether or not the original poster of this thread is/was the Michigan State WR?? haha not really....are you?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search