Turbo Eco vs 99 chevy silvarado - Racing Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Turbo Eco vs 99 chevy silvarado
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 5:53 PM
Just like the title sais can i get some input on what you think would be the faster vehicle when it comes down to a 1/8 and1/4 mile race...?

Honesly i didn't want to have to get on here to get people opinions but i guess i might as well...

This isn't for my benifit, its for the kids benifit that thinks his bone stock pickup is faster than my turbo cav? He just doesn't think OUR cars are fast with a turbo what so ever. He sais its just a cavalier 4 banger.

He has a 1999 chevy silvarado with a 5.7l (350) Vortec 4x4 ( the last year they used the 5.7 vortec i belive before using the 5.3l) and of course i have the turbo cav running 9psi of boost 5spd.

His words " ill take you in 1/8mile with 4 wheel drive" LMAO... i said yea off the line!

Anyway...

Can i get a tally of what people think?

2004 Turbo cavalier 11PSI and blown!

Re: Turbo Eco vs 99 chevy silvarado
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:03 PM
i think...

you should go race. at a track.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:09 PM
never said i was gonna race... I just wanted to get a tally of what all of my fellow boosted j-body buds say so i can show him!!

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:41 PM
you wouldn't even need boost to beat him. what a joke.

87 Firebird
All stock...........lol.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:00 AM
those trucks are piss slow.

race him for $100 then go take your gf out someplace nice with your earnings.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:14 AM
This truck is faster than your buddies....and your car is faster than my old one

do the math

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f325/2002avalanche/?action=view¤t=Cap0026.flv

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 10:23 AM
Race him for money! You car would destroy it. Im pretty sure a stock 3 speed 2200 would be it, or it would be a very good race.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:36 AM
Cadwz24 wrote:This truck is faster than your buddies....and your car is faster than my old one

do the math

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f325/2002avalanche/?action=view¤t=Cap0026.flv

ahh yes i remember this video....

I have done the math, and the result is in my favor!!! LOL

i wish he could just get it through his head...

DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) - APU wrote:those trucks are piss slow.

race him for $100 then go take your gf out someplace nice with your earnings.

I just might do that!! My gf deserves a nice dinner!

Saturday, March 22, 2008 6:17 AM
No more opinions?

Saturday, March 22, 2008 6:48 AM
randizzle wrote:you wouldn't even need boost to beat him. what a joke.

x2

Saturday, March 22, 2008 8:27 AM
you will destroy him my brother has the same truck he could never keep up with me...however i wouldnt race him in the 1/8 only 1/4

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2623318

Saturday, March 22, 2008 1:20 PM
Take him on Pinks!

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, March 22, 2008 1:37 PM
jesterz413 wrote:you will destroy him my brother has the same truck he could never keep up with me...however i wouldnt race him in the 1/8 only 1/4

Why only 1/4?

You doubt the 1/8 mile?

The only thing is that he would get me out of the whole if he uses 4 wheel drive... but after that ill have him in the 1/8 and 1/4

Skilz10179 wrote:Take him on Pinks!

PINKS that would be great!!

Saturday, March 22, 2008 6:45 PM
a waste of gas for you lol
Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:19 AM
there is never a waste of gas i hate when people say that i mean yes your going to beat him but the word gets out about your car and soon you have cobra mustangs knocking on your door looking for a shot and BAM! you beat them too and they look like you holy sh** Da*& Cavalier hahaha

SIG!!!
Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:48 AM
thread jack--

I raced a quad cabbed 5.7 HEMI 4x4 the other day... this kid was pissed. we raced at a few consecutive stop lights, he would get me of the line, but it wouldnt take long and i would get him...bad.

the last stop light our windows were down, so i leaned over and said "Hey... does that thing got a hemi" Kid wouldnt even look at me.

I love owning big trucks.... they are easy kills and they really hate small cars.

unless they dont have spark plugs... if you see one with a 5" exhaust and it spitts out black smoke.. you should probably think twice.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:19 AM
Street Racing is gay and also illegal and not allowed on these forums.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 11:49 AM

Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:01 PM
wtf this dude smoking cobra mustangs knocking on doors hhahaha. cavaliers and cobras shouldn't be on same sentence period keep dreaming hommie. i saw one last year at the track run a 10.9 at it sounded stock lmao .
Friday, March 28, 2008 5:43 AM
Firstly, there's no way a stock Cobra was running a 10.9 .

Secondly, a stock Cobra has 300 bhp, which is roughly 255 whp (if we want to play pocket calculator racer), whereas he has 233 whp. Don't mind that fact that his car is roughly 600 pounds lighter than a Cobra either. If the Cobra was stock, either he'd win, or he'd give the Cobra a hell of a run. Granted the Cobra would out launch him, but again with the 600 pounds.

Friday, March 28, 2008 6:29 AM
sUiCiDe wrote:Street Racing is gay and also illegal and not allowed on these forums.

Agreed!! Take Racing to a track!

Go.Stop (Ron Carvalho) wrote:Firstly, there's no way a stock Cobra was running a 10.9 .

Secondly, a stock Cobra has 300 bhp, which is roughly 255 whp (if we want to play pocket calculator racer), whereas he has 233 whp. Don't mind that fact that his car is roughly 600 pounds lighter than a Cobra either. If the Cobra was stock, either he'd win, or he'd give the Cobra a hell of a run. Granted the Cobra would out launch him, but again with the 600 pounds.

Totally agree!!

Last year i raced my buddies dads stock cobra and gave him a hell of a run!! Pretty much had him!

But then he changed the pully to a smaller one, and let me tell you that is a different story!!

But i def think ill get the pickup truck!!

Friday, March 28, 2008 9:42 AM
EcoEnvy wrote:
Totally agree!!

Last year i raced my buddies dads stock cobra and gave him a hell of a run!! Pretty much had him!

But then he changed the pully to a smaller one, and let me tell you that is a different story!!

Yeah, I've heard that Cobras respond absurdly well to mods like pulley/chip/intake/exhaust. To the point of one keeping up with an older Z06. Although.. who knows the truth to that tale.

I'm sure you'll own the truck. Be sure to get it on video though

Edit: Stupid emoticon

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, March 28, 2008 9:43 AM

Sunday, March 30, 2008 8:50 AM
Go.Stop (Ron Carvalho) wrote:
EcoEnvy wrote:
Totally agree!!

Yeah, I've heard that Cobras respond absurdly well to mods like pulley/chip/intake/exhaust. To the point of one keeping up with an older Z06. Although.. who knows the truth to that tale.

I'm sure you'll own the truck. Be sure to get it on video though

Edit: Stupid emoticon

I have seen some pretty fast Cobras that prolly could give a zo6 a good run!!

There is actually one that is around where i live that i see every now and then that is hella fast!! Has one hell of a whine from the charger, i imbaressad myself messing around with it!! LOL... And some chick drives it!!

Sunday, March 30, 2008 9:11 AM
lol dude i raced a silvarado he came up to me and wanted to race blew him away it i was bone stock..you can take him without a problem. you casn start in 2nd gear and get him..lol

Sunday, March 30, 2008 4:03 PM
anyways i know that you may think cavaliers dont belong in the same sentence as cobras but ive beat one and supposably he had 470 whp. So riddle me that?

SIG!!!
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search