02 eco..best way to launch? 1/4 mile - Page 2 - Racing Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 02 eco..best way to launch? 1/4 mile
Friday, April 18, 2008 7:12 AM
its called a .40 over 302. and the 302 is a windsor motor. do your research.

Friday, April 18, 2008 7:16 AM
its also not a crate motor fonzy. just a stock bottem end bored over. its a heads cam and intake car.
Friday, April 18, 2008 8:52 PM
^^^^ well it looked like a crate motor and I know that Fox bodies didn't come with 308's so I was quessing.

Asking about the 308w honestly was just a question..... I was just giving ya crap about the mustang because you where giving us crap.

I've personally never heard of a 302 refered to as a windsor myself.... maybee thier built at the same plant IDK.... but my fathers Mustang has a 302 in it and (I actually know a little bit about those cars) and I've always just seen or heard them called 302's or 5.0's.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 6:48 AM
jmccormick wrote:I can dish out crap but I can't take it. I'm better than you because I drive a mustang.

ya, we know. its ok.

Saturday, April 19, 2008 9:24 AM
jmccormick wrote:And when it all comes down to it. its still a cavalier..... a car made for economy. not running down the track.

still a cavalier...WOW! nothing gets past you does it?
and your mustang is still just a mustang that runs 12's and not 11's

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, April 19, 2008 10:37 AM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) v2.0 wrote:
jmccormick wrote:I can dish out crap but I can't take it. I'm better than you because I drive a mustang.

ya, we know. its ok.

cute
Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:31 PM
Cavaliers are for fun at the track. want to race competitivly bring it head up for pinks i'll bring a car not a cavalier though but only 355 ci

Saturday, April 19, 2008 1:35 PM
VIPERREDZED wrote:Cavaliers are for fun at the track. want to race competitivly bring it head up for pinks i'll bring a car not a cavalier though but only 355 ci

lol i dont have the balls to race for pinks lol. scary @!#$. haha

btw anyone can bracket race a slow cavy and win. it doesnt take much skill to run consistantly slow. Try bracket racing a fast car. see how consistant you are and how ahead in the points you will be.
Saturday, April 19, 2008 2:00 PM
did i forget to mention:? i was Mod Champ at my track in my 1972 Chev Nova it runs 11.3

now i have a Top Sportsman 72 Nova that runs 7.6

Saturday, April 19, 2008 2:03 PM
Got one of these?? if not do not talk to me about bracket racing

Saturday, April 19, 2008 2:29 PM
umm.. lol well my cavy is my DD and running at the track is all fun. lol thanks for the advice! I will just have to practice at it for a little while. and that video was helpful! =)

Saturday, April 19, 2008 8:52 PM
the by the way part of my post wasnt aimed at you....
Sunday, April 20, 2008 10:55 AM
jmccormick wrote:the by the way part of my post wasnt aimed at you....

aw, its cool buddy. lol
Monday, April 21, 2008 12:33 AM
I want to see a video of that car running a 12 second pass. Those cars run high 15's stock.

I just cant believe that claim without proof.

Monday, April 21, 2008 8:05 AM
if you were talkin to me heres my car lol

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 6:46 AM
^^^^^ No... I was talking to the guy with the Mustang LOL

OK maybee not a high 15.... Most Fox bodies run either a low 15 or really high 14 stock depending on the upkeep of the car and the driver...

A 1988 Mustange GT would have came with a 5.0 HO MPFI V8 stock. (assuming it was a V8)

Now... if all he did was bore it 6cubic inches over, convert it to a carb, and throw on some heads, cam, and some suspension goodies..... wich it sounds like he did.... a 12 second pass seems a bit to optimistic to me. If for some reason it actually is running 12's... it cant be dipping very far into them unless there is something about his car that isn't in his profile. He said it wansn't a crate motor.... so he either converted the stock 5.0, or found a short block somewhere.

I suppose he could be running that (it's feasable) but when some one starts getting cocky.... especially against J-bodies on a J-body site..... I can't help but to pull the "PROOVE IT" flag out and make them back up thier claimes....

The car in question.....

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 9:15 AM
thats a very NICE looking mustang.

Stock 5.0 with a intake and cobra upper intake plenum can be seen running Low 13s high 12s like that on slicks.

VERY VERY easy to get a 5.0 mustang in the 11s if he did the 308 kit means its bored so new prolly higher comp pistons, maybe new rods, most likely better heads and intake, and a cam.

My nova up there STOCK crank STOCK rods, 11:1 compression, ver mild cam ran on pump gas, aluminum heads intake and a 750 holly and it ran 11.3@118 at best. out of a very mild small block

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 9:33 AM
jmccormick wrote:
VIPERREDZED wrote:Cavaliers are for fun at the track. want to race competitivly bring it head up for pinks i'll bring a car not a cavalier though but only 355 ci

lol i dont have the balls to race for pinks lol. scary @!#$. haha

btw anyone can bracket race a slow cavy and win. it doesnt take much skill to run consistantly slow. Try bracket racing a fast car. see how consistant you are and how ahead in the points you will be.

i was running mid 14s in my cav. and still was consistant and won

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:45 AM
Quote:

Stock 5.0 with a intake and cobra upper intake plenum can be seen running Low 13s high 12s like that on slicks.

Really? Our Mustang (86 LX hatch with a 5.0 HO and 5speed)... already has an intake and a slightly modified exhaust and all it runs is low 15's... and it's in good shape..... you wouldn't think that a Cobra intake Manifold would make that big of a difference but I know a lot of people do it so maybe it does.

I've been trying to talk him into going full aftermarket with the exhaust, changing the intake, installing a cam, and putting some shorter gears in it for a while.... but he just won't get of his ass and do it.

I know it's easy to make those cars fast...... but when I hear Mustang and 12 seconds in the same sentence it automatically raises a BS flag with me because I know it's not possible for most Mustangs to run 12's N/A on street tires without some decent motor work and gearing changes and most people don't go past bolt ons unless they are drag strip junkies. For the most part.... he just struck a nerve with me and I want to at least see him back up his words.

BTW.... Nice Nova.... I love those things..... They are fast, easy to mod (although not considered one by most, it's still basically a muscle car), and for some reason... last time I checked... you can still get them reasonably cheap.

Sorry to add to throwing the thread off.... but for some reason... what jmccormick said pissed me off...

And ya..... PJ.... nice video man..... with the exception of some of your night time mischief vids.... you do a pretty good job on stuff like that.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:23 PM
Weebel wrote:And ya..... PJ.... nice video man..... with the exception of some of your night time mischief vids.... you do a pretty good job on stuff like that.

thanks man

yea the SR stuff is getting old... those vids aren't that good anyway. Hopefully this year all that stuff will be replaced with much more interesting things and lower times and higher traps

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:03 PM
While I can't condone PJ's "night time mischief", I'll take any video he has to offer.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 12:08 AM
I've been playing around with my Sony Cybershot and I have to admit.... night time vids are a pain without a decent light source....

Hopefully I get better at videoing things and find something better to record than aimless driving around LOL.

Thursday, April 24, 2008 6:59 PM
Weebel wrote:^^^^^ No... I was talking to the guy with the Mustang LOL

OK maybee not a high 15.... Most Fox bodies run either a low 15 or really high 14 stock depending on the upkeep of the car and the driver...

A 1988 Mustange GT would have came with a 5.0 HO MPFI V8 stock. (assuming it was a V8)

Now... if all he did was bore it 6cubic inches over, convert it to a carb, and throw on some heads, cam, and some suspension goodies..... wich it sounds like he did.... a 12 second pass seems a bit to optimistic to me. If for some reason it actually is running 12's... it cant be dipping very far into them unless there is something about his car that isn't in his profile. He said it wansn't a crate motor.... so he either converted the stock 5.0, or found a short block somewhere.

I suppose he could be running that (it's feasable) but when some one starts getting cocky.... especially against J-bodies on a J-body site..... I can't help but to pull the "PROOVE IT" flag out and make them back up thier claimes....

The car in question.....

wow you must not be very smart. Do you try to be dumb or does it come natural?

I know stock untouched longblock 5.0's with minor bolt ons, and some suspension running 12.9's 13.0's.

"all he did was" your retarted........ bore it over .40 which if your not smart is 40 thousandths. stock rods and higher compression pistons. edelbrock performer RPM heads. performer RPM airgap intake. Longtube headers. A/c delete 650 double pumper carb. roller rockers. ford Racing E303 cam. That set up is good for an honest 300whp.

300whp foxbody's can be well into the 12's whith the right suspension. case in point, MINE. which is..... (read carefully so you can follow, i know its a lot for you to grasp all at once.) Tubular upper and lower control arms. single adjustable on the bottom, double adjustable on the top. solid billet bushings and spherical upper bushings. -2 degrees pinion angle. anti roll bar. Strange tenway adjustable shocks and struts. with ET streets. Just the rear suspension alone can knocl off 1.3 1.4 60fts with a motor that can go that fast. which mine isnt a huge hp motor. i can get 1.5s.

if you would like for me to take pictures of my suspension i would gladly.

Also the car was a stock 5.0 car. and when you say converted you act like its a big deal. all you gotta do it pull the efi intake off and put a carb manifold one on and a carb. WOW hard.

also fox's run 14s stock.

And the reason you can go so fast with so little power. They are light and the suspension design is bomb diggity. My boss has a 8.40 et car on stock design suspension. running the same control arms as me.
Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:03 PM
Weebel wrote:
Quote:

Really? Our Mustang (86 LX hatch with a 5.0 HO and 5speed)... already has an intake and a slightly modified exhaust and all it runs is low 15's... and it's in good shape..... you wouldn't think that a Cobra intake Manifold would make that big of a difference but I know a lot of people do it so maybe it does.

I've been trying to talk him into going full aftermarket with the exhaust, changing the intake, installing a cam, and putting some shorter gears in it for a while.... but he just won't get of his ass and do it.

I know it's easy to make those cars fast...... but when I hear Mustang and 12 seconds in the same sentence it automatically raises a BS flag with me because I know it's not possible for most Mustangs to run 12's N/A on street tires without some decent motor work and gearing changes and most people don't go past bolt ons unless they are drag strip junkies. For the most part.... he just struck a nerve with me and I want to at least see him back up his words.

BTW.... Nice Nova.... I love those things..... They are fast, easy to mod (although not considered one by most, it's still basically a muscle car), and for some reason... last time I checked... you can still get them reasonably cheap.

Sorry to add to throwing the thread off.... but for some reason... what jmccormick said pissed me off...

And ya..... PJ.... nice video man..... with the exception of some of your night time mischief vids.... you do a pretty good job on stuff like that.

If you cant get a 86lx into the 14's something is wrong. Also you need some research before you open your mouth. a foxbodyy Mustang is the easiest car to get into the low 12's if not high 11's on stock bottem ends. with only 300-350whp.
Thursday, April 24, 2008 7:05 PM

you also forgot the picture of the motor in question
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search